Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking The Minivan Out, Testing The Snow Tires

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4340944]Are you sure? What did you have that's 4" to measure it?

oh...wait...nevermind.

:erm:[/QUOTE]

"That's not a snow angel!! That's NOT A SNOW ANGEL!!! Grab the KIDSSS!!! don't let them play there!!!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4340230][IMG]http://www.ecarcaretips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/bidgestone-blizzak.jpg[/IMG]

Got 4" of snow on the ground in Bergen County, mostly unplowed. Taking the 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite out for its maiden voyage on the new Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires.

Will give a full report when done, update from the Bagel Emporium in Midland Park if all goes well.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Honda minivan sar? This is certainly beneath you. What's next Spalding golf clubs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4340284]

First off, it's the wife's car, we've got 3 kids and lots of sports equipment to lug around. It's the most expensive minivan money can buy, the safest too.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=thebigragu;4340968]Honda minivan sar? This is certainly beneath you. What's next Spalding golf clubs.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Besides reiterating that minivans are ghey I must also mention that snow tires are a sham and huge waste of money.

We got around 4 inches here on long island yesterday and when going to the gym yesterday morning on mostly unplowed roads my all-wheel drive vehicle with all-season Continental radials went through the snow like an Artic Cat Snowmobile.

Whoever talked you into the snow tires saw a sucker coming.

[IMG]http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/conti/co_contiprocontact_ci2_l.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4341147]Besides reiterating that minivans are ghey I must also mention that snow tires are a sham and huge waste of money.

We got around 4 inches here on long island yesterday and when going to the gym yesterday morning on mostly unplowed roads my all-wheel drive vehicle with all-season Continental radials went through the snow like an Artic Cat Snowmobile.

Whoever talked you into the snow tires saw a sucker coming.

[IMG]http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/conti/co_contiprocontact_ci2_l.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Snow tires aren't a waste of money. The only money spent is on changing them. Tires are a wear item so you're always wearing out one set anyway.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=adb280z;4346292]Snow tires aren't a waste of money. The only money spent is on changing them. Tires are a wear item so you're always wearing out one set anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are. An AWD vehicle with good all weather tires blows away any 2 wheel drive vehicle with snow tires....however, according to SAR, AWD is a "marketing ploy" lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4346385]Yes they are. An AWD vehicle with good all weather tires blows away any 2 wheel drive vehicle with snow tires....however, according to SAR, AWD is a "marketing ploy" lol[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, but what do you do if you don't have an AWD vehicle? Put all weather tires on it? Hell no, you have to use snow tires, and that's ok!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4346401]Maybe so, but what do you do if you don't have an AWD vehicle? Put all weather tires on it? Hell no, you have to use snow tires, and that's ok![/QUOTE]

I would assume if you had SAR's wealth, AWD would be a given.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4346385]Yes they are. An AWD vehicle with good all weather tires blows away any 2 wheel drive vehicle with snow tires....however, according to SAR, AWD is a "marketing ploy" lol[/QUOTE]

Other than the changeover, which you can do yourself if you want. Where's the money spent? Also AWD isn't necessary 90% of the time and costs you in fuel costs as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pja6vKnEV4E&feature=related[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4346760][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pja6vKnEV4E&feature=related[/url][/QUOTE]

Dude, those are awesome!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4346769]Dude, those are awesome![/QUOTE]

Until you get some rocks stuck in them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4347769]Until you get some rocks stuck in them.[/QUOTE]

We're not talking about your kidney stones old man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4347775]We're not talking about your kidney stones old man.[/QUOTE]

I ain't that old you fargin sneaky bastage!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4347801]I ain't that old you fargin sneaky bastage![/QUOTE]

It's me, Poli, and then a bunch of old weirdos. Just deal with it.