1: Alshon Jeffery WR USC

2: Vinny Curry DE/LB Marshall

3: Bernard Pierce RB Temple

4: Harrison Smith S ND

5: Emmanuel Acho ILB/LB

6: Marvin Jones WR Cal

7: Drew Butler P Georgia

All Pro
    I absolutely LOVE those FA signings. They are all major needs and all of them make both financial and football sense to me.

Carlson, if healthy, would be a HUGE upgrade over Mulligan.

Same goes for Griffin over Smith.

I like it a lot. Could do without anther RB but hey I be happy as heck if it went like this.

The Jets are going to be 5 million over the cap in 2012, so projected FA signings are useless without an explanation as to who is cut or restructured to create the cap space sign the players.

Well done, I like it but would this mean that Holmes is gone? I approve of improving WR but you have 3 of them there.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    The Jets are going to be 5 million over the cap in 2012, so projected FA signings are useless without an explanation as to who is cut or restructured to create the cap space sign the players.
    I thought that you could take the space from the 2011 cap, and add it to 2012? I remember someone saying this as justification why we were under the cap in 2011. And I expect Sanchez to restructure, that should get us under.

Hall Of Fame
    Enough with the dolphin rejects. I want nothing to do with Carrey or Henne. I like the draft outside of Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    FAs:

Early Doucet WR
    John Carlson TE
    Michael Griffin FS
    Vernon Carey OT
    Jason Campbell QB

Draft:

1: Alshon Jeffery WR USC

2: Vinny Curry DE/LB Marshall

3: Bernard Pierce RB Temple

4: Harrison Smith S ND

5: Emmanuel Acho ILB/LB

6: Marvin Jones WR Cal

7: Drew Butler P Georgia
    Delete Henne....there...FIXED. Now I really like it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I absolutely LOVE those FA signings. They are all major needs and all of them make both financial and football sense to me.

Carlson, if healthy, would be a HUGE upgrade over Mulligan.

Same goes for Griffin over Smith.
    Thanks. It's my preferred way to shop in FA...Go after young vets who aren't going to break the bank.

Any thoughts on the draft? I think with those FAs maybe start right off the bat with an OLB. The thing about that FA group is that there's mucho flexibility in the draft...pass rusher is about the only outstanding need after those FAs. I wanted to make trades but yah...Yah.

Enough with the dolphin rejects. I want nothing to do with Carrey or Henne. I like the draft outside of Pierce.
    How many are here?

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks. It's my preferred way to shop in FA...Go after young vets who aren't going to break the bank.

Any thoughts on the draft? I think with those FAs maybe start right off the bat with an OLB. The thing about that FA group is that there's mucho flexibility in the draft...pass rusher is about the only outstanding need after those FAs. I wanted to make trades but yah...Yah.

How many are here?
    The coach is enough. The dolphins completely sucked the last few years especially their offense so I want nothing to do with Carreys overpriced underachiving ass or hennes useless ass. **** the dolphins and the whole franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    The coach is enough. The dolphins completely sucked the last few years especially their offense so I want nothing to do with Carreys overpriced underachiving ass or hennes useless ass. **** the dolphins and the whole franchise.
    Would you pass on Randy Starks and Solai too? Just cause they are rivals it's dumb to dismiss all their FAs...

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    we'll be approx $20 million under the cap, which leaves about 5-7 million to sign draft picks and 13 mil to go after FA's. Heck, I believe we save close to $5million alone by telling Hunter and Smith.....either take the vet min or to FA it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Would you pass on Randy Starks and Solai too? Just cause they are rivals it's dumb to dismiss all their FAs...
    Exactly.. It's retarded logic to ever make a decision based on where someone comes from. You take the guys individually. Kind of like the idiots who say you can never take a pass rusher from Ohio State again. Almost as bad as those fools who used to say not to take a QB who came from Tedford's offense. How has Aaron Rodgers worked out btw?

I would love getting Carlson... Think he's an excellent TE and he didn't have the best QB play while at Notre Dame. Had bad luck last year with the injury but you just hope it was a once in a career thing and he comes back well.

And going by what a couple of trusted people say, I think Vinny Curry will end up going in the 1st. If he's as good as they say anyway.

NO to Vernon Carey. Sparano demoted him to guard last year for a reason. That means he's not good enough to play tackle on our team.

For those who have followed Carlson more than me...how is his blocking? I remember him being very similar to Keller in being an athletic TE who never really put up huge numbers...always seemed to be on the verge, but the Jets could certainly use a boost in blocking (would prob sign off on Carlson anyway just on his pass catching ability).

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    And going by what a couple of trusted people say, I think Vinny Curry will end up going in the 1st. If he's as good as they say anyway.
    I think he will too. Great size, excellent movement skills on the field, solid length, and he was the most productive DE in college amongst these draft guys. Marshall's not such a bad school to pick talent from once in a while, and I think a solid combine puts him solidly into as high as the mid-late teens.

For those who have followed Carlson more than me...how is his blocking? I remember him being very similar to Keller in being an athletic TE who never really put up huge numbers...always seemed to be on the verge, but the Jets could certainly use a boost in blocking (would prob sign off on Carlson anyway just on his pass catching ability).
    Blocking isn't top teir, but size helps him out. He can also hopefully be coached up a little. There's another TE, Bear Pascoe, I like as much that is a top tier blocker, but he's an RFA. Depends on the cost there...Giants really like him though.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Are those guys FAs?

Are those guys FAs?
    I think Solai might be.

Kendall Langford is pretty interesting and he's the least productive on the three.

Hall Of Fame
    I think Solai might be.

Kendall Langford is pretty interesting and he's the least productive on the three.
    I wouldn't mind getting those guys but not henne or Carrey they both suck.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wouldn't mind getting those guys but not henne or Carrey they both suck.
    Whoa, look what the cat dragged in.

Cool to have you back man.

All Pro
    I dont think Vernon Carey is a free agent... like the draft except for Jeffery in round one...