Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: An off season plan...version 1

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    An off season plan...version 1

    Resign: Robert Turner, Aaron Maybin, Jamall Westerman, Sione Pouha

    Do not sign or cut: Bryan Thomas, Jim Leonard, LaDainian Thomlinson, Kevin O'Connell, Mark Brunell, Plaxico burress, Nick Folk, Brodney Pool, Wayne hunter, Eric smith TJ Conley

    Sign:
    Jason Campbell QB - Legit backup and competition for Sanchez
    Steve Smith WR - Worth taking a low cost gamble on. The guy was great for the Giants a few years back, injuries have hurt him
    Vernon Carey - OG/OT Possible short term help at RT, at the very least a decent backup that can play multiple positions.
    Tyrell Johnson - S Another low cost addition, injuries have slowed him in his career.
    Donnie Jones - Punter A decent replacement for Conley.

    Draft:

    1-16 Melvin Ingram OLB - South Carolina (I waffled over this pick, considered Perry and Mercilus strongly.)
    2 - 47 Dwight Jones WR - North Carolina
    3 - 78 Trumaine Johnson S - Montana
    4 - 112 Amini Silatolu OG/OT - Midwestern State
    5 - 159 traded to Oakland for WR Louis Murphy
    5 - 173 Terrance Ganaway RB - Baylor
    6 - 192 traded to Chicago for OT Lance Louis
    6 - 210 Nick Provo - TE - Syracuse
    7 - 218 Jerrel Young - S - South Florida
    7 - 254 Randy Bullock - PK - Texas A & M
    7 - 255 Miles Burris - OLB/ILB - Sand Diego State

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the draft comes around every yr,i watch people gravitate to players who fit the scheme the team is running.What i do,is pick football players who are capable of switching from scheme to scheme and who possess an element of speed. To that end,my 1st round pick have to be either:


    Nick Perry - Dynamic edge rusher with John Abraham type skills and speed off the edge.The strength to hold the edge against outside runs and the set the edge either in 34 or 43 schemes.

    or

    Cordy Glenn - Massive ofensive lineman who can start at RT from today move to OG if it doesn't workout.The deal sealer thou is that this kid has the feet to possible play LT at the next level meaning he could be a replacement for Ferguson down the road or be someone capable of filling in if this player ever came up lame.


    My 2 other top priorties are a speed receiver after the 2nd round and a FS .

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Steve Smith signing. Was a solid number 2, still young, and knows Sanchez from USC. He supposedly wants to go back to the Giants, but with the emergence of Cruz, I'm not sure there's room for him on their roster.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the draft, but I don't like the smith or tyrell johnson signing at all.

    Also it might be smart to bring back Leonhard for a year or two until his replacement (probably will be drafted) is ready to take over full time.....but we def need to replace Smitty with a FA.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Ingram more than Upshaw amongst the short, short reach guys to convert to an NFL DE/OLB, but I don't think either inspires me as first round guys. They'd be huge value picks in the 2nd though...

    Really like the Murphy trade if he's healthy. Otherwise though...Not a big fan of Dwight Jones in the 2nd...Silatolu is interesting but not really into the rest...I had no idea the last two FAs even existed tbh.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like who you signed and cut from our roster already, but I think we will and have to keep either Smith or Leonhard. Also they could do a lot worse than Folk, I don't mind him.

    I'm behind on draft players but I do like Ingram or Glenn in the first.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I like who you signed and cut from our roster already, but I think we will and have to keep either Smith or Leonhard. Also they could do a lot worse than Folk, I don't mind him.

    I'm behind on draft players but I do like Ingram or Glenn in the first.
    +1........

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Resign: Robert Turner, Aaron Maybin, Jamall Westerman, Sione Pouha

    Do not sign or cut: Bryan Thomas, Jim Leonard, LaDainian Thomlinson, Kevin O'Connell, Mark Brunell, Plaxico burress, Nick Folk, Brodney Pool, Wayne hunter, Eric smith TJ Conley

    Sign:
    Jason Campbell QB - Legit backup and competition for Sanchez
    Steve Smith WR - Worth taking a low cost gamble on. The guy was great for the Giants a few years back, injuries have hurt him
    Vernon Carey - OG/OT Possible short term help at RT, at the very least a decent backup that can play multiple positions.
    Tyrell Johnson - S Another low cost addition, injuries have slowed him in his career.
    Donnie Jones - Punter A decent replacement for Conley.

    Draft:

    1-16 Melvin Ingram OLB - South Carolina (I waffled over this pick, considered Perry and Mercilus strongly.)
    2 - 47 Dwight Jones WR - North Carolina
    3 - 78 Trumaine Johnson S - Montana
    4 - 112 Amini Silatolu OG/OT - Midwestern State
    5 - 159 traded to Oakland for WR Louis Murphy
    5 - 173 Terrance Ganaway RB - Baylor
    6 - 192 traded to Chicago for OT Lance Louis
    6 - 210 Nick Provo - TE - Syracuse
    7 - 218 Jerrel Young - S - South Florida
    7 - 254 Randy Bullock - PK - Texas A & M
    7 - 255 Miles Burris - OLB/ILB - Sand Diego State

    I give you Louis Murphy straight up for Vlad Ducasse . (not joking) I take a shot at him. You win in the trenches. I put this Young Oline and let them grow together. LT jared Veldheer 24 LG Vlad ducasse 25 C Stephon Wisniewski 22, Rg Joe Barksdale 23 Rt Bruce Campbell 24 . Thats alot of beef on the oline.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will hang onto Ducasse, too early to give up on him. The reason I proposed a draft pick for Murphy is you guys should be looking at trying to accumulate some picks for your guys down the depth chart. I think you only have 2 picks this year and not many next as well.

    Who the heck is your GM now anyway?

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure I'd want Smith and if we are drafting a WR that early and trading for anther, definitely not. He didn't look good at all this year and had a knee injury again. As much as I liked the idea last year can't say I'd be crazy about it this year. It is very unlikely he will be a productive WR if his knee is that bad. I just cringe when I hear knee injury.


    Your just all over here some good some OK only bad is Conley. Dont even try to tell me friggen Donny Jones is a better Punter. Not sure hat your looking at there.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets will hang onto Ducasse, too early to give up on him. The reason I proposed a draft pick for Murphy is you guys should be looking at trying to accumulate some picks for your guys down the depth chart. I think you only have 2 picks this year and not many next as well.

    Who the heck is your GM now anyway?
    Reggie McKenzie

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets will hang onto Ducasse, too early to give up on him. The reason I proposed a draft pick for Murphy is you guys should be looking at trying to accumulate some picks for your guys down the depth chart. I think you only have 2 picks this year and not many next as well.

    Who the heck is your GM now anyway?
    Raiders should be getting a Third(asomugha), a Third or fourth (Zach miller) or a fourth or fifth draft pick/ Nothing (R Gallery) That what they are looking at when compensation picks are announced. So when its all said and done they are just missing a first and second and seventh . With possible an extra 3. 4 or fifth
    Makes no sense for them to trade Louis Murphy(whose cheap) for a fifth rounder. Raiders will get one of the big name Freeagents (no first or second) and will target some modest Free agents in free agency.

    Reggie Mckenzie is the Raiders General Manager hand picked by Ron Wolf and John Madden.


    Next year 2013 draft Raiders are missing a first/ second and a fifth.

    With The 97 pick in the 2012 draft the Raiders pick? Could be the 99 pick if they get a third for Miller
    Last edited by Raider9175; 01-30-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us