Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahmad Bradshaw

Ahmad Bradshaw

[U]Ahmad Bradshaw[/U]: I cannot believe this guy made it to the end of the 7th Round in the 2007 draft, the 250th player taken...now here he is getting ready to star in his second Super Bowl. I watched #44 run just as hard at Marshall University as he does for the NY Giants; the NFL scouts missed on this one big time.

[url]http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x226603640/Gallery-Ahmad-Bradshaw-through-the-years[/url]

He's not that great. He's above average at best.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4344954]He's not that great. He's above average at best.[/QUOTE]

+1. OP just likes him because he went to Marshall.

I think Bradshaw had some off the field issues coming out of college. I think he spent time in jail while with the Giants. He had fumbling issues early on and had some injuries as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4344954]He's not that great. He's above average at best.[/QUOTE]

if he is above average and was taken in round 7, that is pretty good.

All League
    Bradshaw is really good. Jacobs stinks and will be done soon. In the NFL, you don't need a AP to win. Ahmad is solid and reliable

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=gcherd;4344950][U]Ahmad Bradshaw[/U]: I cannot believe this guy made it to the end of the 7th Round in the 2007 draft, the 250th player taken...now here he is getting ready to star in his second Super Bowl. I watched #44 run just as hard at Marshall University as he does for the NY Giants; the NFL scouts missed on this one big time.

[url]http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x226603640/Gallery-Ahmad-Bradshaw-through-the-years[/url][/QUOTE]

Almost as good as Chad, right? ;)

He got bailed out on that quick whistle yrsterday. The whistle actually blows after the ball starts coming out.

The guy fumbled in his own redzone in a critical sitation yesterday. did you not watch the game?

[QUOTE=gcherd;4344950][U]Ahmad Bradshaw[/U]: I cannot believe this guy made it to the end of the 7th Round in the 2007 draft, the 250th player taken...now here he is getting ready to star in his second Super Bowl. I watched #44 run just as hard at Marshall University as he does for the NY Giants; the NFL scouts missed on this one big time.

[url]http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x226603640/Gallery-Ahmad-Bradshaw-through-the-years[/url][/QUOTE]

I agree with u herd. I watched him play at Marshall as well and he was a handful. He had a really good game in the Giants first superbowl against the Pats if you remember. Dont pay any attention to the haters. He is a really good back and thats why the Giants resigned him. Id love to have him instead of Shon Greene.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4344975]Almost as good as Chad, right? ;)[/QUOTE]

Sure, I pull for him since he's a Marshall guy but no RB in the league runs any harder than that guy does. If every player gave as much effort each play as Bradshaw then maybe their team would be in the Super Bowl. He has averaged 4.6 yards per carry in his career and has played well in the postseason. He has fumbled 12 times (lost 8) in his career but none in 2011.

[QUOTE=WesWalker85;4345079]He got bailed out on that quick whistle yesterday. The whistle actually blows after the ball starts coming out.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...He & the Giants were lucky on that call; it was a nice strip by the 49er defender. Ahmad had 126 yards (rushing & receiving) in the game so he contributed mightily to the win. Bradshaw was the leading rusher in the Giants last Super Bowl victory vs. the Patsies in his rookie year; I expect another big game for him this time around.

[QUOTE=Chupa;4345086]The guy fumbled in his own redzone in a critical sitation yesterday. did you not watch the game?[/QUOTE]

He tries hard and is an over achiever but he's not a force of nature and has ordinary lapses

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4345167]He tries hard and is an over achiever but he's not a force of nature and has ordinary lapses[/QUOTE]
    So what makes him an overachiever? Because he played at Marshall or because he was a seventh round pick? If thats your logic then Randy Moss was an overachiever cause he played at Marshall or Tom Brady who was a late draft pick is an over achiever. Some of the best players in the league didn't impress scouts or do well at the combine. No, Bradshaw is not a over achiever, he's just a good running back that's as good as at least half the backs in the league. Maybe half of the leagues backs are over achievers? Yeah that's it!

[QUOTE=WesWalker85;4345079]He got bailed out on that quick whistle yrsterday. The whistle actually blows after the ball starts coming out.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter when the whistle is, one ref signalled forward progress had been stopped meaning that a fumble can no longer occur.

don't worry we got scotty (scooter) mcknight with our most recent 7th round pick, tanny's on it!

Wednesday February 01, 2012
    [B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"]Giants RB Bradshaw continues to play despite broken bone in foot[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
    CBSSports.com wire reports

INDIANAPOLIS -- Ahmad Bradshaw is playing in pain and loving every second of it.

The Giants running back has played the last eight games with a broken bone in his right foot, and there is no way the injury is going to keep him out of Sunday's Super Bowl against the Patriots.

"It's just the love of the game, man," he said. "I don't like missing games for nothing. I have been fighting pain for a long time. No matter what it is I got that niche, man. I like pain."

Bradshaw hasn't put up big numbers this season, but statistics aren't what he brings to the offense.

The fifth-year pro brings a toughness that teammates respect. His foot hurts so much during the week that he practices only one day.

When he shows up on game day, though, he's a different player. The pain is blocked out and he bites his lip and runs at, around and through defenses.

"The guy has an unbelievable threshold of pain," running backs coach Jerald Ingram said. "I've had a few guys that were very resilient but that guy has played with broken bones, cracked this, cracked that. His game is football. That's what he has been doing all his life. When he gets on the field, he is mean. He takes that pain."

This isn't the first time, either. Bradshaw played most of the 2009 season with two bad feet and had surgery three times after the season to insert screws in the fifth metatarsals of both feet and clean up some junk in his right ankle.

Bradshaw broke the fifth metatarsal in his right foot again against the Dolphins in late October.

He was X-rayed during the game, and returned despite the presence of a fracture.

That's Bradshaw.

"He is a junk yard dog that wants to fight on game day," Ingram said. "He doesn't care. There was a linebacker who said to him: 'Why do you run so mean? Why are you so mad?' "

Ingram remembers Bradshaw's answer.

" 'Because I am mad at you,' " Ingram recalled. "That's just Ahmad. He loves his toughs. He makes everybody tough because you look at him and say: 'I don't know if I can do that.' We stub our toe on a bedpost and want to die. He walks around with it all day long."

Bradshaw missed four games after being hurt against the Dolphins and returned against the Green Bay Packers on Dec. 4. He rushed for 38 yards and caught two passes for 9 yards, but his return seemed to rekindle a running game that had struggled most of the season.

Since his return, the running game has gained at least 100 yards in five games and had no less than 85 in the other three.

It's been far from a great season for Bradshaw. After rushing for 1,235 yards and eight TDs last year, he's been limited to 659 yards and nine touchdowns. He has also caught two touchdown passes.

"He wants to win," Giants guard Chris Snee said. "He is a winner. He is a very competitive guy. He plays through a lot of pain. You can see it throughout the week and then he walks in on game day and he is a new man, full of energy, before the game, during the game. Then he comes hobbling in on Monday morning."

Bradshaw said he has not been bothered by his feet since his freshman year in college.

The good news for the Giants is that he has had two weeks to rest for the Super Bowl rematch with the Patriots and his feet aren't feeling bad at this point. He said he has been able to get out of bed and not walk around in pain and Wednesday he broke his recent trend and practiced on a limited basis.

Since returning, he had practiced only on Fridays to get his feet under him and then took part in the Saturday walkthroughs.

"Bradshaw runs hard, man," Patriots safety Patrick Chung said. "He runs hard, breaks tackles, and has a mean stiff arm. He's fast and can get to the edge fast. He can make some big plays."

Bradshaw doesn't know whether he will need more surgery after the season. His last one came in February when he had his left ankle cleaned out. Trainers have told him the medicine is helping the bone grow back in his foot, but it's too early to tell whether the right foot will be cut again.

Fellow running back Brandon Jacobs knows the scatback who runs like a big man will be ready on game day.

"He wants to come out here and give you all he's got," Jacobs said. "If he has it in him, you are going to get it from him. I look up to him. He is an inspiration to me to see how he plays. Once his adrenaline is pumping, he feels no pain."

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17084753/giants-rb-bradshaw-continues-to-play-despite-broken-bone-in-foot[/url]

The Giants were the 32 team in rushing this year. They have done it more on the backs of Eli Manning and their WR corp's than their rb this year.

AB is certainly alot better than average and the chronic foot problems he has keep him from being even better. Can't argue with a round 7 pick with that guy.

He was also an UFA before the season, any team could have had him again. There were thoughts he was going to Miami, until they got Bush.

So all 32 teams had a chance again. But for some reason not much interest. I think the Rb position has been so devalued over the last few years, that no team wants to spend big dollars on them anymore.