Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Accomplishments in a Nutshell

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4455074][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/ob1splash2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

What's the alternative to Obama?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4455282]What's the alternative to Obama?[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly why Obama will likely win.
    This election is being hand delivered to the Republicans and just look at the assclowns they put up to run against him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4455330]Thats exactly why Obama will likely win.
    This election is being hand delivered to the Republicans and just look at the assclowns they put up to run against him.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://benchmarkitconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bingoosdsihdskj.gif[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean Romney, the guy who actually worked for a living. Obama hasn't worked a day in his life. So far as being President he is a total disaster. I only hope the Supreme Court shoves Healthcare up his ass. Five Trillion in debt and more to come. Lets not forget the first drop in our #3 rating in the countries history. But blame Bush for this asswipe!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://moonbattery.com/planet-of-the-community-organizers.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone else.

Right now, with the election 6 months off and an economy ticking decisively downward, the best thing the libs here can say is ... basically nothing.

I think the left shot their wad turning Santorum & Perry into boogeymen. Romney would rather be careful than exciting - and that is enough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://rlv.zcache.com/obamney_2012_bumper_sticker-p128121541782038006en7pq_328.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4461886]Someone else.

Right now, with the election 6 months off and an economy ticking decisively downward, the best thing the libs here can say is ... basically nothing.

I think the left shot their wad turning Santorum & Perry into boogeymen. Romney would rather be careful than exciting - and that is enough.[/QUOTE]

The econonmy isn't ticking decidely up or down and don't be surprised if we have a slow patch the fed will step in again with QE3 and we get a year end rally that will decisively kill Romney.

A true double dip will kill Obama a renewed upward leg of corporate growth, stock market growth and consumer spending toward the later part of the summer is likely to get him re-elected easily.

Romney isn't going to scare independents or moderate Democrats but they aren't changing horses unless they feel we are going in the wrong direction.

Most of the chatter by libs and conservatives is about building the base. The base isn't going to win this election for either side.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4462031]The econonmy isn't ticking decidely up or down and don't be surprised if we have a slow patch the fed will step in again with QE3 and we get a year end rally that will decisively kill Romney.

A true double dip will kill Obama a renewed upward leg of corporate growth, stock market growth and consumer spending toward the later part of the summer is likely to get him re-elected easily.

[B]Romney isn't going to scare independents or moderate Democrats but they aren't changing horses unless they feel we are going in the wrong direction.[/B]

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Most of the chatter by libs and conservatives is about building the base. The base isn't going to win this election for either side.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"][B]That is why the R's ran such a weak candidate as Romney. They are doing better than they thought they would with Obama. By 'they' I mean the rulers of the party.[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="blue"]That's for damn sure!!!!!!![/COLOR][/B]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4462039][COLOR="Black"][B]That is why the R's ran such a weak candidate as Romney. They are doing better than they thought they would with Obama. By 'they' I mean the rulers of the party.[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="blue"]That's for damn sure!!!!!!![/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Romney is the best and most qualified person to run for the job since Reagan. He has been fantastic in his speeches (he writes most himself unlike Barry) and his Op-Ed pieces. Your premise is absurd. The only people prospering under Obama are the CEO's of companies like Solyndra that took DOE money and paid themselves exorbitant salaries on their way to bankrupting their companies.

This is from a Cleveland newspaper this weekend:
    [url]http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2012/05/mitt_romney_issues_ohio_challe.html[/url]

Dear Mr. President,
    Welcome to Ohio. I have a simple question for you: Where are the jobs?
    As we enter the fourth year of your term, unemployment is over 8 percent and has been for your entire term. Nearly 23 million men and women are unemployed, underemployed or are no longer even looking for work. In the face of such challenges, many Americans have simply given up hope.
    I recognize, of course, as do all Americans, that you inherited an economic crisis. But you've now had three years to turn things around. The record of those three years is clear. Your policies have failed, not only in Ohio, but across the nation.
    The results are a continuing tragedy for millions upon millions of people. Everywhere I go, I meet Americans who are tired of being tired, and many of those who are fortunate enough to have a job are working harder for less. This is not the way it is supposed to be in America. This is not the way it needs to be.
    Mr. President, forgive me for being blunt, but when it comes to economic affairs, you're out of your depth. Unlike you, I am not a career politician. Unlike you, I've spent more than two decades working in the private sector, starting new businesses and turning around failing ones. Undoing the damage you've done will be a daunting challenge. But I've learned a thing or two about how government policies can kill private investment and stifle job creation and I have a plan to get government out of the way.
    Mr. President, while campaigning for the presidency nearly four years ago, you declared that you were "absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
    Mr. President, the American people are tired of the grandiose promises. And they are even more tired of the paltry results.
    Mr. President, your promises now ring hollow. If you have brought new ideas to Ohio for creating jobs, why have you waited three years to unveil them? Have you suddenly had a revelation, or is it because 2012 is an election year? Whatever the case, what you are offering Ohio now is too little, too late.
    What Ohio needs -- what the country needs -- is not four more years of economic mismanagement and failed leadership. It needs a fundamental change in direction that, by returning the country to the principles of limited government and free enterprise, would unleash the potential of the American people.
    I have a path forward to accomplish that. I have spent much of my life in business, turning around troubled enterprises. I can do the same for the most troubled of all enterprises: our federal government.
    Our taxes are too high, and our government is too big. I will cut individual tax rates by 20 percent across the board to jump-start job creation, grow the economy and help Americans keep more of their hard-earned dollars. I will reform a corporate tax system that drives American jobs overseas. I will slash the needless regulations that crimp our energy supply and inhibit so many different kinds of businesses. In the year I was born, unemployment was 3.9 percent. When I turned 21, it was 3.6 percent. We can do so much better than we have been doing.
    But we need proper leadership.
    So once again, Mr. President, welcome to Ohio, and welcome to the campaign. We need a great debate about how best to get our country working again. We can't afford four more years of failure. I believe in unleashing America's potential. That is what my own campaign for the presidency is all about.
    Sincerely,
    Mitt Romney

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4462058]Romney is the best and most qualified person to run for the job since Reagan.[/QUOTE]

He changes his mind every 45 minutes and won't take a stand on anything slightly controversial for fear of having to later change his mind to suit public opinion.

He has as much backbone as a fully-cooked spaghetti noodle.

I know you like him....and I'm sure he IS a decent guy. And some of his ideas ARE good. But he is one of those guys that agrees with the last guy in his office.

You know....even Bush, in spite of all his faults, had the balls to at least stick to something he believes.

Romney? Not so much.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4462058]Romney is the best and most qualified person to run for the job since Reagan.[/QUOTE]

Chiefs2000's name is Mitt Romney, and he supports this message.

Romney for President 2012 (Campaign President for JI, Chiefs2000)

Suffice it to say, I disagree with my fine friend and Mitt Romney Fan Club President Mr. Chiefs. ;) Romney is the worst candidate since Dead Campaign Walk'in McCain, and one of the least inspiring and least in-touch in my lifetime. Maybe Chiefs compares him to Reagan because Romney kinda seems like he just walked out, fully formed, of the year 1984....

If he were a (D) we'd call him John "Flippy the Fish" Kerry. He is the very definition of RHINO, soft, squishy, pliable and weak willed.

If Obama wasn;t tied for 2nd worst Presdient in U.S. History with his PRedecessor, this election would be a cake-walk. Even then, I still see Obama, bad as he is, winning somewhat big.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4462074]Chiefs2000's name is Mitt Romney, and he supports this message.

Suffice it to say, I disagree with my fine friend and Mitt Romney Fan Club President Mr. Chiefs. ;) Romney is the worst candidate since Dead Campaign Walk'in McCain, and one of the least inspiring and least in-touch in my lifetime. Maybe Chiefs compares him to Reagan because Romney kinda seems like he just walked out, fully formed, of the year 1984....

If he were a (D) we'd call him John "Flippy the Fish" Kerry. He is the very definition of RHINO, soft, squishy, pliable and weak willed.

If Obama wasn;t tied for 2nd worst Presdient in U.S. History with his PRedecessor, this election would be a cake-walk. Even then, I still see Obama, bad as he is, winning somewhat big.[/QUOTE]

I don't see him as wishy washy at all. For me he is the first candidate for president that actually is focused on the issues that concern me. It may be because I am more Libetarian then Conservative but I'm refreshed to hear a candidate actually speak about smaller more efficient government in a serious way. I hadn't seen a previous candidate put an entitlement reform agenda on the table in the past either. This narrative about flip flops is silly. Other then changinging his stance on abortion (as Reagan did) I don't see the flip flops. He stood by the Mass healthcare law to his detriment in the primaries. He could have said it was a mistake (ala Santorum on his vote for No child left behind). I just haven't seen the position changes at all. It rings as a false narrative to me. I love the fact that the guy was a self made titan of business. I think he will make a great president.

You know that I (as most of us here) follow elections very closely (Similar to football) and this is the most enthusiastic I've ever been for a candidate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4462074]Chiefs2000's name is Mitt Romney, and he supports this message.

Suffice it to say, I disagree with my fine friend and Mitt Romney Fan Club President Mr. Chiefs. ;) [B] Romney is the worst candidate since Dead Campaign Walk'in McCain[/B], and one of the least inspiring and least in-touch in my lifetime. Maybe Chiefs compares him to Reagan because Romney kinda seems like he just walked out, fully formed, of the year 1984....

If Obama wasn;t tied for 2nd worst Presdient in U.S. History with his PRedecessor, this election would be a cake-walk. Even then, I still see Obama, bad as he is, winning somewhat big.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so many candidates in between you could have chosen. ;)

And just in my "voting" lifetime, Mondale, Dukakis, Dole, Kerry and MCain were all worse candidates/less electable than Romney.

I think Obama will still win but I think it'll be closer than I would have guessed 3-4 months ago. Romney has some momentum, he could catch up if the economy flat-lines or worse....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's things like this that get Romney classified as a 'flip-flopper'...

[quote]'I respect and will protect a woman's right to choose.'[/quote]

[quote]'I never really called myself pro-choice.'[/quote]

He isn't really flip-flopping on most of these issues out there... He's clarifying his position...

Sure, you'll find some, as you will with most politicians, except for the ones who would rather not comment, vote present, etc...

It's a non issue though... Obama literally flip-flopped on his entire campaign platform... Comparing the two is moot, if you feel 'flip-flopping' to be an issue...

One guy has done it on the biggest stage there is... If you want to bring up one, the other guy did it more and impacted this country in a far greater way...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4462101]I don't see him as wishy washy at all.[/quote]

I'm shocked. :P

[quote]For me he is the first candidate for president that actually is focused on the issues that concern me. It may be because I am more Libetarian then Conservative......[/quote]

Funny, but I would also claim to be more Libertarian than Conservative, and Romney is not someone I have any faith in in terms of protection of my civil liberties and freedoms, or to really do anything if elected to shrink Govt. in a meaninful or productive way. I see Bush II, a big spending, moderate-to-liberal Romney Administration, nothing remotely about protection of rights or shrinking of Govt., despite what he says (now) to try and get elected.

[quote]this is the most enthusiastic I've ever been for a candidate.[/QUOTE]

An I cannot recall being less enthusiastic about a man on "my side" than I am about this slick snake-oil salesman and his now-defeated rivals. I don't trust him, I don't belive him, and I don't think he is anything but what the label says, a liberal-moderate, McCain style go-along-to-get-along, compromising, middle-ground guy who will only succees at the exact policies (i.e. Social) I don't support while BushII'ing his way to ongoing massive Govt and Govt. power wile claiming he's for smaller Govt.

Guess we'll see.;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4462068]He changes his mind every 45 minutes and won't take a stand on anything slightly controversial for fear of having to later change his mind to suit public opinion.

He has as much backbone as a fully-cooked spaghetti noodle.

I know you like him....and I'm sure he IS a decent guy. And some of his ideas ARE good. But he is one of those guys that agrees with the last guy in his office.

You know....even Bush, in spite of all his faults, had the balls to at least stick to something he believes.

Romney? Not so much.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why you care that he panders to essentially right wing electorate in the primaries? He actually has a moderate record as Gov of MA that should be very comforting to a guy like you.

Did you really care when Obama jerked off the left with his promise to close Gitmo and stop torture and rendition? Does any lib give a crap that he ran on no mandates for Health Insurance?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4462152]He actually has a moderate record as Gov of MA that should be very comforting to a guy like you.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

And I've pointed that out in other threads.

That's why I'm going to vote for him. Romney Presidency = Death Knell for Republicans.

Sorry. :P

Just the way it is. Just because a guy made money in the private sector does NOT make him a conservative in any way.

But, you want him...have at him. It's gonna be live entertainment watching him waffle around more than Obama giving a speech during a power outage without a backup generator hooked up to his teleprompter....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

A well rotted corpse!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4462039][COLOR="Black"][B]That is why the R's ran such a weak candidate as Romney. They are doing better than they thought they would with Obama. By 'they' I mean the rulers of the party.[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="blue"]That's for damn sure!!!!!!![/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Obama had nothing but bumper stickers to run on. Now its forward over the cliff! You just go ahead over the cliff you are entitled to it!