Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senior Bowl practice reports

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to watch some of the South's one on one drills and kept an eye on this kid in the scrimmage. Smooth runner with nice hands (in 1 on 1s). He can block too. I'm liking him more and more as a possible 3rd or 4th round pick:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...ladarius-green

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    here are my practice reports from this week

http://bit.ly/k7PC

here are my pictures

http://t.co/rFkCUyEi

to address some points in this thread :

- Dont see Curry as a 3-4 OLB right away. it's a 3-5 year projection. but he could start right away in a 4-3.

- Mike Adams is certainly a LT prospect and the best matchup will be in the game against Upshaw, Ingram and Coples. If he's there at 16 (which he might not be, he fits really well with AZ at 13) could be a huge upgrade over Hunter.

- Cordy Glenn also could upgrade Hunter day 1 and might be worth that pick. He was the only player who could block Quinton Coples in South practices.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    for what it's worth (I have no idea) here is a negative report on Curryhttp://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chillywilly View Post
    I think the Doug Martin situation is exactly why spending an early pick on an RB is a mistake.

There will be good RBs in the 3rd round this year if we really need one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think the Doug Martin situation is exactly why spending an early pick on an RB is a mistake.

Yep... And it goes for every year when it comes to running backs.

I've spend the last couple weeks downloading college games and DVRing everything senior bowl so I'm going to have at least some opinions by next week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    with sparano the dolphins rotated rbs. brown, williams, bush, etc. i see the jets using greene as the change of pace back finally, and a guy who can be more effective in the 4th quarter if they are protecting a lead.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

When I looked at Martin the first guy that popped into my head was
    Ray Rice. He's short, stocky with a big lower body

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

here are my pictures

- Dont see Curry as a 3-4 OLB right away. it's a 3-5 year projection. but he could start right away in a 4-3.

- Mike Adams is certainly a LT prospect and the best matchup will be in the game against Upshaw, Ingram and Coples. If he's there at 16 (which he might not be, he fits really well with AZ at 13) could be a huge upgrade over Hunter.

- Cordy Glenn also could upgrade Hunter day 1 and might be worth that pick. He was the only player who could block Quinton Coples in South practices.
    Thanks for this, Bit. Tremendously insightful. I'm starting to think we'll be looking at either DeCastro, Glenm, Adams, Ingram or Upshaw at 16.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6055

Senior Bowl post-Practice Notes

JAN 27

"The general managers, scouts and coaches have left as the campers have moved in.* Tomorrow they kick off the game and decided the winner.* But who were the winners and losers from practice?* And what else was being talked about* around Mobile?* Here’s a final word from Senior Bowl practices.
    Vinny Curry left a positive impression on scouts and coaches during Senior Bowl week and improved his draft stick.* His athleticism, quickness and natural pass rush skills are all very appealing.* Curry has been criticized by some after a low pre-season Wondelic test score yet in talking with him you’d never know it.
    I spoke with Curry at length after Wednesday’s practice and found him to be very bright, articulate and really a nice person.* He easily recalled articles and comments which were written about him six months ago in detail.* I asked Curry if he was ready to play linebacker at the next level.** He told me he has been training for the position and was slightly disappointed he did not get work in at linebacker during the Senior Bowl to show scouts what he’s capable of.* In speaking with Curry I got the idea he’s an easy guy to root for.
    One player that’s not impressed scouts this week is defensive lineman Billy Winn.* At one time considered a potential first round pick, Winn looked awful in weigh-ins on Monday then could not get off a block all week.* You can see the underlying athleticism and quickness is there, its just a matter of applying them on a consistent basis.* Someone we spoke with close to the situation affirmed Winn is not much of a worker and all too often relied on his natural skills to make plays in college. I was told he’s training back at Boise State for the combine.
    Nebraska cornerback Alfonzo Dennard is another who leaves Senior Bowl practices with falling stock.* Though a personal favorite of mine, Dennard struggled to stop anyone in practice and was constantly beat.* He seemed stiff and slow to react.* Its been thrown around that a move inside to safety may have to be considered.
    Zebrie Sanders also is watching his draft stock take a tumble after a poor week.* Sanders just had trouble staying on his feet and opponents had him twisting in the wind all week.
    Before the practices even started the conversation turned to Arizona State junior linebacker Vontaz Burfict.* Separate sources, including one close to the program, told me Burfict’s decision to turn pro was likely centered around the fact he was looking at potential eligibility problems in 2012.* Everyone I spoke with said Burfict’s struggles in 2011 are directly related to the fact teammate Brandon Magee never took the field during the season after tearing his Achilles in August.* I was told Magee, a leader on the ASU defense, was the one who made sure Burfict was properly positioned on the field and made him aware of assignments.** This further confirms my report from the Shrine Game last week where different sources told me, “It’s a matter of Burfict not diagnosing plays correctly if put to the test, amongst other things.”

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ Good stuff on Curry. Great to hear he's been prepping for LB and that he was disappointed he didn't get to try it out this week.

IMO he's a guy who's a strong workout away from the first...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    ^^ Good stuff on Curry. Great to hear he's been prepping for LB and that he was disappointed he didn't get to try it out this week.

IMO he's a guy who's a strong workout away from the first...
    I'll do cartwheels if he's available to the Jets in the second round

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

here are my pictures

Bit forgive me,but Adams is a LT the way Jason Fabini was a LT.