Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Yankees after a bat for DH spot

  1. #1

    Yankees after a bat for DH spot

    In a conference call with reporters today, GM Brian Cashman said he will look to fill the Yankees' DH spot through a trade, with free agent designated hitters being a "secondary" focus. Cashman said it's "a possibility" he will try to acquire a hitter using the Yankees' excess pitchers.
    Billy Butler would be nice.

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,461
    Jason Bay

  3. #3
    Soriano + cash for Burnett or sumthin.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,468
    Jorge?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Soriano + cash for Burnett or sumthin.
    you mean soriano for burnett + cash?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantle & Namath View Post
    Billy Butler would be nice.
    co-sign

    Butler would be sweet.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    co-sign

    Butler would be sweet.
    A lil more power would be nice but I wouldn't complain...

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Joey Votto is who the Yankees need. Young lefty slugger. Their current lineup has too many Metamucil users.


    Would Joba, Swisher and Betances be enough?

    Swisher would be in the deal to (kinda) equalize the money.

  9. #9
    Could have been Teixeira or Fielder. One at 1st, the other DH.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Joey Votto is who the Yankees need. Young lefty slugger. Their current lineup has too many Metamucil users.


    Would Joba, Swisher and Betances be enough?

    Swisher would be in the deal to (kinda) equalize the money.
    lol. and if that doesn't work lets try and get Ryan Braun

    The Reds are contenders in the NL Central who just traded one of their top prospects (1B- Alonso + much more) for a top starter. Votto is very important piece to what they are trying to do over there. Votto a former MVP isn't going to be traded.. and if he was... it would take a hell of a lot more than what you proposed.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Joey Votto is who the Yankees need. Young lefty slugger. Their current lineup has too many Metamucil users.


    Would Joba, Swisher and Betances be enough?

    Swisher would be in the deal to (kinda) equalize the money.
    Really? Why would the Reds even consider that?

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,651
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Really? Why would the Reds even consider that?
    These are not the droids you are looking for.


  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,200
    Yanks are not looking for a long-term DH. Expect them just to pick up a guy on a one-year deal. I expect them to do that for the next couple of years. Eventually A-Rod/Tex/Jet all will use that spot to take "half day off".

    I hear people rumbling that the Yanks have had a quiet off-season. They signed Sabathia and traded for Pineda. Thats a pretty big off-season.

  14. #14
    If the Yankees could get Billy Butler, that would be awesome for this season.

  15. #15
    Damon or Matsui please. Both would be cheap and can occasionally sit so Jeter or Arod can DH in Damon's case he can also be a 4th outfielder.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantle & Namath View Post
    lol. and if that doesn't work lets try and get Ryan Braun

    The Reds are contenders in the NL Central who just traded one of their top prospects (1B- Alonso + much more) for a top starter. Votto is very important piece to what they are trying to do over there. Votto a former MVP isn't going to be traded.. and if he was... it would take a hell of a lot more than what you proposed.
    The Reds always want to dump salary. And after the 2013 season when Votto is a free agent he is (IMHO) going to move further on up the road.

    Romine, Swisher and Betances

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The Reds always want to dump salary. And after the 2013 season when Votto is a free agent he is (IMHO) going to move further on up the road.

    Romine, Swisher and Betances
    It's like you didn't even read what you responded to. The Reds aren't sellers right now.. they are buyers. And even if he was on the block. How does he fit on this team? Last time I checked we have a 1B. And if they Yankees wanted a DH why didn't they make an offer to Prince Fielder? Pretty sure he's a lefty bat.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 01-29-2012 at 04:33 PM.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantle & Namath View Post
    It's like you didn't even read what you responded to. The Reds aren't sellers right now.. they are buyers. And even if he was on the block. How does he fit on this team? Last time I checked we have a 1B. And if they Yankees wanted a DH why didn't they make an offer to Prince Fielder? Pretty sure he's a lefty bat.


    You are probably correct about the Reds and their intentions. But if I am the Yankees I make them an offer they canít refuse.

    My point is Joey Votto is what the Yankees need, a young lefty slugger. The Reds are going to finish out of the playoffs again and Votto will leave Cincinnati after the 2013 season.

    The Yankees need to move either Arod or Teixeira (and huge amount of cash) soon. Both are guaranteed $20 million per year till 2016. Neither was worth half that last season.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You are probably correct about the Reds and their intentions. But if I am the Yankees I make them an offer they canít refuse.

    My point is Joey Votto is what the Yankees need, a young lefty slugger. The Reds are going to finish out of the playoffs again and Votto will leave Cincinnati after the 2013 season.

    The Yankees need to move either Arod or Teixeira (and huge amount of cash) soon. Both are guaranteed $20 million per year till 2016. Neither was worth half that last season.
    ARod and Tex both have full no-trade clauses

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    ARod and Tex both have full no-trade clauses
    Ouch!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us