Thread: Bruce announces US tour dates

Jets Insider VIP

Bruce announces US tour dates

Cant say i'm to excited. After seeing him over 5 times from 2008-2009 not to sure if I will fork over the dough this time around.

Has anyone seen a concert at the Prudential Center? How are the acoustics. Thats the only one I would really consider going to.

PS. Dont yell at me, I haven't posted about Bruce in over 2 years.

[url]http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2012/01/bruce_springsteen_tour_dates_a.html[/url]

Looks like a new album is coming out, which means half the show will be it. Yeaaaaah unless some hot chicks want to go, Im going to sit this one out.

[b]Bruce Springsteen fans, your most burning questions have been answered.
    The E Street Band will be at the Izod Center on April 3 and 4, Madison Square Garden on April 6 and 9, and the Prudential Center on May 2. The band will play those dates without a replacement for the late saxophonist Clarence Clemons.
    For those who just can't wait, the E Street Band will play at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on March 28 and 29.
    As reported in the Star-Ledger last week, this marks the first time Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will play Newark and East Rutherford on the same tour. The Prudential Center concert will be Springsteen's first at the arena.
    These dates are part of the 19 concert initial leg of the tour to support "Wrecking Ball," Bruce Springsteen's upcoming album. The "Wrecking Ball" tour kicks off in Atlanta on March 18 -- three days after the Boss is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at the South By Southwest Festival.
    After Atlanta, the tour stops at the Greensboro Colosseum in Greensboro, North Carolina on March 19, Tampa on March 23, and the TD Center in Boston on March 26. In between the Philly and East Rutherford concerts, there's a date in Washington, DC -- April Fool's Day at Verizon Center. After the Garden, it's Detroit, Buffalo, Albany, Cleveland, San Jose, Los Angeles, and New Orleans (which gets a shout out in the new single) before returning home to the Garden State for the Newark concert.
    The Prudential Center show will be the final date of the E Street Band's spring swing through America. After Prudential Center, the E Street Band will play festivals and stadiums in Europe until the end of July. No word yet about the Boss' return to the States, but it's virtually certain that he and the band will do more shows in the U.S.A. after they're through with the far side of the Atlantic.
    Since the death of Clarence Clemons, Springsteen fans have speculated about how the E Street Band would replace its iconic saxophonist. The answer, it seems, is that Springsteen isn't going to try. The announced lineup of the E Street Band features Roy Bittan on piano and synthesizer, Nils Lofgren, Stevie Van Zandt and Patti Scialfa on guitar and backing vocals, Garry Tallent on bass, and Max Weinberg on drums. Violinist Soozie Tyrell and organist Charlie Giordano will play with the group, but aren't listed as official members.
    "We Take Care of Our Own," the first single from "Wrecking Ball," was released last week.
    Tickets for the Izod Center shows go on sale on Friday, Jan. 27 at 10 a.m.; tickets to Prudential Center show at 11 a.m. that same day; and tickets to MSG an hour later. Tickets for the MSG show range from $73 to $103.[/b]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Tired of Bruce.

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxH7WDgXDs8qPZeohIps9V8vN7zYvG_E5d2kUiFU5MutsGRRLYMMdG3wOV[/IMG]

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4346372]Tired of Bruce.

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxH7WDgXDs8qPZeohIps9V8vN7zYvG_E5d2kUiFU5MutsGRRLYMMdG3wOV[/IMG]

-[/QUOTE]

Not tired, more like bored. Go on a solo acoustic tour playing rare favorites and oddities. Then will talk.

No thanks. I went to see Bruce back in the day. Hes ok in my book even though he never really sang I just cant see supporting the Bruce Springsteen retirement fund.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Ruby2;4346373]Not tired, more like bored. Go on a solo acoustic tour playing rare favorites and oddities. Then will talk.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My wife is trying to talk me into it...again. (been to soooo many shows, Rosalita, slit my throat)

Interestingly, when I was in HS in the late 70's I got a bunch of Bruce tix through a lottery type system where it was all done by mail...I sold them all at face..I had no interest.

Those were the shows I should have went to.:(

I was more of a Zep/Who/Clash/FLoyd dude then... and the Bruce overhype was unbearable so I never really gave him a shot then.

I hated Bruce...and teh Dead. back then..because their fans seemed like such dooshes to me.:D

...yeah,bruce is none of my business...

Fans logging on to buy tickets unable to get them. Brokers got them all and price gouging has already started. Screw you Bruce Springsteen you screwed the fans again.

Banned
    Sorry Jersey-ites, but Bruce is f*cking horrible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Saw Springsteen many years ago and he put on a great show. Then a friend of mine bought tix and invited me to see the Rising tour at the Izod or whatever it was called then.

May have been one of the worst concerts I ever saw. Even one of my buddies who was a huge Springsteen fan said the show sucked.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4349834]Fans logging on to buy tickets unable to get them. Brokers got them all and price gouging has already started. Screw you Bruce Springsteen you screwed the fans again.[/QUOTE]

Bruce himself has nothing to do with the ticket process.

Last Bruce concert I went to was at Shea. Got a ticket for open container in the lot, the show was nothing special, and then after the first song in the encore, he asked everyone to donate $10 to one of his charities. Was like WTF he is asking for more $$$.... Got up and left with more songs to come...