Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Mock pre com

Round 1 Mock pre com

1 Colts - Andrew Luck QB - No surprise Colts or not he is the #1 pick.
    2 SL - Justin Blackmon WR - Blackmon is not a stunning talent but he has a Jerry Rice work ethic and is not a diva. SL was so desperate for a WR they trade to get an aging bust. Lloyd like his coach will not be back.
    3 Minni - Matt Kalil OL - If they want Ponder to work they need to keep him in the pocket. If SL takes Kalil I could see Blackmon here so either way this is my top 3.
    4 Trade Washington Robert Griffin III - Washington has burned so many bridges in the QB market they really have very few options there. They can go after Flynn and hope he is the next thing or get a vet to groom this kid. I really wouldn't put it past them to trade to 1 and get Luck however.
    5 TB Morris Claiborn CB - Is likely #1 on their short list. Barber is like 100 and they need a CB bad.
    6 Trade Cleveland - Trent Richardson RB - They need a star and they will need a RB. This fits both. All they really have on O in a QB so Trent and Blackmon have to be their two top targets. I just dont see Blackmon getting this far but if he does I still think they go Trent.
    7 Jax - Nick Perry DE/LB - Fits what ever it is they have been doing on D. A good 4-3 option but has 3-4 ability. Jax is making something there either way this is not a bad pick they need to add a blitz.
    8 Carolina - Luke Kuechly ILB - Conner is a FA and they will likely be looking to replace him. Kuechly is a very good inside run stopper. It is very likely they trade back with a team looking to nab Tannehill.
    9 Trade Seattle - Ryan Tannehill QB - Pete needs more then this FA market to save his job. A rookie QB may be his best option. I'd go DE for them but I think it is very likely someone trades up to get Tannehill. I don't see Miami taking him but they will likely make it look like they are, to draw the trade.
    10 Buff - Zach Brown - Buff has 1 good LB and very little depth. This D hurt them bad. Zach is pure talent here and it is much needed in Buff.
    11 KC - Riley Reiff OL - Seems ranked higher then he should be. If KC doesn't get Tannehill OL seems logical. I have DeCastro ranked higher but a G, I just can't do it.
    12 Trade Miami - David DeCastro G - Seems way too early for a G but for now I'm going with it because it is a great fit. Carey is a FA and Colombo is old. They need to add to that line as they also struggled last year. They trade back and get anther pick so taking a G is exceptable.
    13 Zona - Dre Kirkpatrick DB - As much as I would love to say Zona will go OL here this is just more likely. They have 3 FA in the back and Dre would be a big upgrade for them.
    14 Dallas - Quinton Coples DE - Dallas will be looking to add some good youth to that front 3. Coples will deffinetly fill that role.
    15 Philly - Lavonte David LB - Andy's kind of player. Great athlete but kind of on the small side. Actually I think this would be a very good pick up for them. Given the fan out cry here if they dont go LB Jeffy might wake up next to an severed Eagles head.
    16 Jets - Melvin Ingram DE/LB - I'm actually not a fan but he has leaped up the charts and most of my other picks are already off the board here. With some good coaching and losing a few Lbs he'd be good in this D. Possible Trade down? If we added pick in this drafted it would be a great idea much more talent here then last years weak draft.
    17 Bengles - Lamar Miller RB - Great burst good power. Benson is on a down slope and Scott is just not that good. May seem early but Cinci needs what this guy can do. Heck even I'll admit this may be my dumbest pick.
    18 SD - Mohamed Sanu WR - With Gates aging and DJax on his way out SD need a young WR that can do more then just go deep. Sanu is a clutch WR that would work well in this system. I can only hope they are done with diva WRs.
    19 Chi - Jonathan Martin OL - Will likely go WR shopping in the FA pool. Cutler got the snot knocked out of him too much this year.
    20 Tenn - Mark Barron S - They have a lot of youth on this team but will likely be losing at least one S here. Barron is just the easy out so I took it. Was thinking Floyd but they have 3 good WRs.
    21 Cinci - Whitney Mercilus DE - Unless they land Avril I'm throwing this one right out there. They have made some bad DE picks they need to get a winner on this one.
    22 Cleveland - Michael Floyd WR - This is why I think Cleveland will go Trent even if Blackmon falls. Question is do they take a WR here or go Dennard and take one in the 3rd? Really hard call. My brain says Dennard but my instinct tells me Floyd.
    23 Detroit - Alfonzo Dennard CB - If Cleveland passes Detroit will not. Unless a stud OL falls here I think this is a pretty safe bet.
    24 Pitts - Zebrie Sanders OL - If Dennard is there easy pick IMO but I dont think he makes it. Ben was hit a lot for a QB in a run 1st team OL seems like a good guess. Zebrie has a very high up side but will need a lot of coaching up. I dont think that is an issue here.
    25 Denver - Devon Still DT - Still may be a top 15 guy but has 2 things against him right now. He is from Penn State and a DT. 2 things that usually fall on draft day. Denver gets a gift here.
    26 GB - Mike Adams LT - Anyone else see Rodgers running for his life in the playoffs? Yeah if they want anther SB they need a better LT.
    27 Houston - Michael Brockers DE - An ideal pick up if he is there. I like Crick more but Brockers right now is ranked higher.
    28 NE - Fletcher Cox DL - A vercitle DL can do most anything. The kind of play the Steelers and Pats tend to pick late in the 1st and turn into studs. I'd say Jeffery here but D was a major issue for NE and they will address it. Again I like Crick more but Cox is just a better fit for NE.
    29 Balt - Vontaze Burfict ILB - Lewis can't play forever. He is a solid player that fits this D very well.
    30 SF - Alson Jeffery WR - I have to think even if Morgan does come back WR has to be a big consideration here. If they thought Edwards would help Jeffery has to look like gold to them. They where a WR away from being in the SB.
    31 NY - Dont'a Hightower MLB - Maybe just the name but I just think it would fit for NY.
    32 NE - Kendall Wright WR - Taking a short fast WR shouldn't be a hard call here. Because of his height this may be a push but for now I'm going this way. Had them going Minnifield but they have taken 3 DB in resent years.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 01-26-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't see Sanu being selected before Floyd, Wright or Jeffery but who knows whats going to happen in the combine.

A full draft is a lot of work good job.

All Pro
    i love lavonte david, and i personally believe he should go close to the spot you got him at, but nobody else is putting him there. most have him in the 2nd round. so this would be considered a "reach." he's a beast though. he'd be a great OLB in our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    i love lavonte david, and i personally believe he should go close to the spot you got him at, but nobody else is putting him there. most have him in the 2nd round. so this would be considered a "reach." he's a beast though. he'd be a great OLB in our system.
    Yeah I'm waiting for someone to trash me on that one. I keep listening to Eagles radio and thinking wow they need to draft Lavonte. I know it isn't likely but I just like the pick for them. He is Andy's kind of guy and no way he is their for them in the 2nd. Considering how they reached for Graham and then a G, I really could see this if he is "their guy". Their picks the last few years have been unpredictable IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Like Mick said, your WR's seem way off in order that they are being taken.

No way RG3 gets past Cleveland.

Veteran
    no upshaw in 1st round?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Like Mick said, your WR's seem way off in order that they are being taken.

No way RG3 gets past Cleveland.
    Cleveland doesn't need a QB so why?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    They absolutely do.

Colt McCoy is not franchise caliber at all. They only have a third rounder invested in him and they did not draft him to be their star QB.

Hall Of Fame
    You have Mohamed Sanu being drafted at 18 before Floyd, Jeffery or Wright when most don't even have him being drafted in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    no upshaw in 1st round?
    No I just dont see where he fits. He has a very low up side really. He may be an good player but just isn't a great prospect. He has great skills but I just dont think that will be enough to break the 1st. He needs a lot of work in tackling and is not real fast. He doesn't look like he will be an impact player in the NFL. You take DE/OLB to make that impact. Maybe if his Combine #s are better but just watching his play there is nothing all that great about him. I actually have Ingram, Brown, David, and Bobby Wagner over him. Then Lewis looks like he could pass him with a good combine as well. Being a jack LB in college will not help his stock any. He will have a much harder time doing that in the pro's and is better suited to play DE in a 4-3.

They absolutely do.

Colt McCoy is not franchise caliber at all. They only have a third rounder invested in him and they did not draft him to be their star QB.

What makes you say that? McCoy has been pretty good given the guys he is throwing to. Look at the games he played this year as well. Pitt, Balt, SF, Houston, Seattle, Tenn, and Cinci where all top 10 Ds this year. This is more then half the games he played. He is only going into his 3rd year and looks good. Why on earth would they give up on him already? The best WR he has played with was friggen Stuckey. I dont care who is the QB their QB rating will not look good with those games and that as his WR core. Not to mention their line is still very young. You don't give up on a guy like that in his 3rd year, you just don't. Cleveland doesn't need a QB it will not help them win more games or bring more fans to the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    You have Mohamed Sanu being drafted at 18 before Floyd, Jeffery or Wright when most don't even have him being drafted in the first round.
    What do I care what most fans are doing? Most experts have him as the #3 or #4 depending on how you feel about Wright. Most have Jeffery as a 2nd rounder and Wright is smaller then me. Floyd has attitude issues and Sanu fits in SD better. Sanu is an electrifying player that would work well in SD. SD doesn't need a speed baller they need a possession guy to create an inside game. Gate is aging and Tolbert is no LT or Sproles in the back field. Wright, Jeffery, and Floyd dont do what Sanu does.

Jets Insider VIP
    What makes you say that? McCoy has been pretty good given the guys he is throwing to. Look at the games he played this year as well. Pitt, Balt, SF, Houston, Seattle, Tenn, and Cinci where all top 10 Ds this year. This is more then half the games he played. He is only going into his 3rd year and looks good. Why on earth would they give up on him already? The best WR he has played with was friggen Stuckey. I dont care who is the QB their QB rating will not look good with those games and that as his WR core. Not to mention their line is still very young. You don't give up on a guy like that in his 3rd year, you just don't. Cleveland doesn't need a QB it will not help them win more games or bring more fans to the stands.
    He is so unbelievably average.

He wasn't even drafted to be their starter, its not giving up on him, they just didn't have any better options...hence he started for two years. Lacks size, arm strength, etc. Yes his options sucks, but he simply doesn't have the physical tools to lead a team. Cleveland passing on a legit talent like RGIII would be one of the worst blunders in recent memory.

And besides from a handfull of games in his first year, I dont see how you can say he looks good. His YPA was 5.9 last year for chrissakes.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 01-26-2012 at 03:26 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    no upshaw in 1st round?
    Take Wright away from NE at 32 and put Upshaw there; fixed.

Dont like CB for Arizona...they can probably use one, but Martin or Adams fill arguably their biggest need. Two starting OL are FAs for them...Neither is a stud, but it still sucks to lose starting OL.

If Brockers fell that far I have .02 a mind to pick him at 16. My #1 goal if I was the Jets would be to significantly increase the size/speed/athleticism on the roster. Only thing with Brockers is that this team isn't too worried about even the long term DL.

Cool stuff..at this point a full first round can get tedious quickly.

He is so unbelievably average.

He wasn't even drafted to be their starter, its not giving up on him, they just didn't have any better options...hence he started for two years. Lacks size, arm strength, etc. Yes his options sucks, but he simply doesn't have the physical tools to lead a team. Cleveland passing on a legit talent like RGIII would be one of the worst blunders in recent memory.

And besides from a handfull of games in his first year, I dont see how you can say he looks good. His YPA was 5.9 last year for chrissakes.
    Most Browns fans. Like my bad will disagree with you and want McCoy back. It is much more likely that Cleveland adds better talent rather then strengthening the one position that was working. Yes they will need to get a better backup but there are much bigger needs then QB on this team. Most talks have them looking at FA QBs to fill that role. McCoy has heart and talent you can't teach. Yes he may lack size but drafting anther QB just because of that, would be equally as stupid as SD drafting River when Brees was developing. RG3 is not the sure fire legit talent you think he is. Exciting yes, Great up side yes, sure bet no not by a long shot. I like him but if I already have a good QB I'd pass. McCoy is a good QB. Even so it is more likely Washington trades up to get him anyway. I think one way or anther they get RG3. Cleveland needs to add weapons not anther bust QB to disappoint fans because he has nothing.

Oh and I don't mind the Cleveland draft...Not big on McCoy but he hasn't exactly embarrassed himself yet, and they suck at all the offensive skill positions. New QB would have it rough...and right now they know McCoy is mentally tough enough to handle where they are right now as a franchise.

That said anyone without a QB is always a threat in the draft for the few of them people actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Dont like CB for Arizona...they can probably use one, but Martin or Adams fill arguably their biggest need. Two starting OL are FAs for them...Neither is a stud, but it still sucks to lose starting OL.

If Brockers fell that far I have .02 a mind to pick him at 16. My #1 goal if I was the Jets would be to significantly increase the size/speed/athleticism on the roster. Only thing with Brockers is that this team isn't too worried about even the long term DL.

Cool stuff..at this point a full first round can get tedious quickly.

yeah Zona is an odd one but they do have 3 FA at DB as well. They have never gone after OL otherwise I would agree with you. Just going by draft tendencies of Zona a CB just seems more likely. Yeah I am waiting to see Brookers at the combine. Almost gave him to SD but given their WR issues I had to give that priority. Jackson is not coming back and other then Floyd and Brown (who still is unproven) they just have very little there. If they pick up a good FA WR I am swapping that to Brookers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Most Browns fans. Like my bad will disagree with you and want McCoy back. It is much more likely that Cleveland adds better talent rather then strengthening the one position that was working. Yes they will need to get a better backup but there are much bigger needs then QB on this team. Most talks have them looking at FA QBs to fill that role. McCoy has heart and talent you can't teach. Yes he may lack size but drafting anther QB just because of that, would be equally as stupid as SD drafting River when Brees was developing. RG3 is not the sure fire legit talent you think he is. Exciting yes, Great up side yes, sure bet no not by a long shot. I like him but if I already have a good QB I'd pass. McCoy is a good QB. Even so it is more likely Washington trades up to get him anyway. I think one way or anther they get RG3. Cleveland needs to add weapons not anther bust QB to disappoint fans because he has nothing.
    I really dont know what you are talking about because almost everything I read has the Browns not only taking him, but moving up to #2 to ensure that they get him.

McCoy has no business being a starter in this league, let alone a franchise QB. Absolutely none. I guess we can agree to disagree for now, but I am 100% certain time will prove me right.

I really dont know what you are talking about because almost everything I read has the Browns not only taking him, but moving up to #2 to ensure that they get him.

McCoy has no business being a starter in this league, let alone a franchise QB. Absolutely none. I guess we can agree to disagree for now, but I am 100% certain time will prove me right.
    Moving up!! lollol no no the fans would so be ticked if they did that. The overall impression is they need to add as much 1st and 2nd round talent here as possible to actually build a team. If they moved up it would be Couch part 2 with less talent. not going to happen. Not with the new rookie cap anyway. For the 1st time teams like Cleveland can build in the draft without spending a fortune they dont have. It will not shake them to take a RB or WR here when they know they dont have to pay them mega millions. Having multiple 1s has become the cheap and right way to build. They are not going to give it up. If anything they will trade down and add more here.

I can except that opinion of McCoy he is young and has yet to really prove himself as more then an OK starter.