Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Does Lifetime Intentionally Make Bad Movies?

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Their movies all follow the same basic formula:

    - Girl meets this incredible guy.
    - Fairy tale romance ensues.
    - Girl gets married to man.
    - Guy turns out to be not so great after all. Girl discovers he is either an adulterer, murderer, or abusive.
    - Girl overcomes.
    Forgot the "other" guy who likes her swoops in and gets the bad guy...

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Wow....no need to be a douchebag about it.
    Any married man is aware of the network and its dangers to men.
    Lighten up, Francis. Your Lifetime watching days sure have made you sensitive.

    I'm married. Guess I dodged some kind of bullet here.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,530
    Jim Gaffigan has a funny bit about how women are always getting beaten on Lifetime. "Next on Lifetime, Meredith Baxter-Birney gets beaten with a rod. A Lifetime original rod. "

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Forgot the "other" guy who likes her swoops in and gets the bad guy...
    Not always. Often the girl saves herself.

    Girl Power!!!!!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Jim Gaffigan has a funny bit about how women are always getting beaten on Lifetime. "Next on Lifetime, Meredith Baxter-Birney gets beaten with a rod. A Lifetime original rod. "
    LOL they always use some has-been actress as the lead.

    "Markie Post stars in a Lifetime original...."

  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No. Do you know all of the brands of tampon, too?

    There's 1,500 friggin channels on TV now. I watch maybe 4 of them. And somehow I still manage to get my share of bj's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    And who is/was Drew Peterson? Chief of police, Chicago police department?
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Lighten up, Francis. Your Lifetime watching days sure have made you sensitive.

    I'm married. Guess I dodged some kind of bullet here.
    Apologies...must stop watching Lifetime at once!

    Actually, I have no regrets, because the move was so frickin bad that we LOL'd the whole time watching it.


    The name of the movie is Drew Petersen:Untouchable

    Some Chicago PD seargeant who's 3rd wife is missing then apparently killed his 4th wife too. Also after his 4th wife disappeared before he got indicted he got engaged to some 5th broad.

    You know the guy is crazy if he wants to be friggin married all the time.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Peterson








  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,971
    and they always have merideth baxter birney in them getting beaten

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Apologies...must stop watching Lifetime at once!

    Actually, I have no regrets, because the move was so frickin bad that we LOL'd the whole time watching it.


    The name of the movie is Drew Petersen:Untouchable

    Some Chicago PD seargeant who's 3rd wife is missing then apparently killed his 4th wife too. Also after his 4th wife disappeared before he got indicted he got engaged to some 5th broad.

    You know the guy is crazy if he wants to be friggin married all the time.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Peterson







    Ha! I was kidding about the Chicago Police. I was thinking This Sgt. Peterson- at 2:45

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HNd3qz68Zw

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    LOL they always use some has-been actress as the lead.

    "Markie Post stars in a Lifetime original...."

    Or just actresses with really bad agents.
    Markie Post is freakin hot though.....

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Or just actresses with really bad agents.
    Markie Post is freakin hot though.....
    Settle down, Dan Fielding.

  11. #31
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    There's 1,500 friggin channels on TV now. I watch maybe 4 of them. And somehow I still manage to get my share of bj's.
    I find this somehow incredibly quotable.

    well done sir!

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I find this somehow incredibly quotable.

    well done sir!
    Thanks. I do it for the kids.

  13. #33
    May I ask the inspiration for this research and proclamation?...aka WHY are you wasting your time watching and then researching the stuff they spew on that channel? haha

    I tried watching something on that channel for a sociology class at uconn, and I decided getting an incomplete on the assignment was well worth not having to put myself through that BS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us