Thread: Nigel Bradham, ILB, Florida State

Nigel Bradham, ILB, Florida State

Great speed and athleticism, big hitter, very productive at FSU and is showing off his coverage skills at the Senior Bowl. I like him in the 3rd round, but he might be gone in the 2nd depending on the combine. I definitely think we could use more speed at LB with Scott's probable departure and the way offenses try to exploit our slow linebackers in the passing game. Senior highlights below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9RDfkvOMXU
    Last edited by Jets904; 01-26-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Bradham could fit in the NFL at any 4-3 LB position, and inside in a 3-4 because he doesn't offer much of an edge rush. Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, Bradham is extremely versatile. Best fit would appear to be outside in a 4-3, either side.

Positives - Fearless, relentless, and fast. Covers a lot of ground on the field. Is usually around the ball. Solid tackler. Can turn and run with TEs in coverage. Can anchor despite slightly high cut build, and uses hands well to shed blocks. Dedicated hard worker on and off the field with virtually perfect durability record.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../nigel-bradham

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=240945

All Pro
    Perfect replacement for Bart Scott and should work really well next to David Harris. He would also help with one of the biggest problems of our defense which is speed and athletisism. We need guys who can defend sideline to sideline...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Perfect replacement for Bart Scott and should work really well next to David Harris. He would also help with one of the biggest problems of our defense which is speed and athletisism. We need guys who can defend sideline to sideline...
    +1

Like him more than Burfict for a couple of reasons....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    +1

Yeah, Taze looked like he got heavy and lost a step throughout his career. Plus in theory Bradham carries a lot less risk and should be available in the 3rd round. I wouldnt even complain if we take him in the second round if Bart Scott is actually let go. We also have Mauga who would give us atleast some kind of insurance in case a rookie takes a little time to adjust. Harris as a big time presence next to him should also make it easier for every rookie coming in. Kind of like Navorro Bowman's situation last year when he stepped in next to Patrick Willis...

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    +1

+2 I think he will be great value

Undrafted Free Agent
    Bart Scott will be on JETS in 2012..maybe get someone to be groomed under him n Harris but not a second or third rounder will be used on ILB

Jets Insider VIP
    I really like both Bradham and Hightower as candidates in the 2nd round.

I could see the Jets looking to retool the LB corps much like they did with the DL last year. Ingram in the 1st round and Bradham/Hightower in the 2nd would be a pretty sweet haul.

I like Nigel and he is an OLB not ILB. People are saying he is an ILB because of his size but he is the same size as Maybin. His cover skills, in both man and zone, speed, quickness, and agility are all very good. He will likely be there in the 4th but doesn't really fit our D. I think he'd still be worth a pick as he would be worth a spot vs teams like Buff and NE in coverage. He'd be a very good spot player for us on 3rd downs.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 01-26-2012 at 06:51 PM.

All Pro
    He really does play violently... I like it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I like Nigel and he is an OLB not ILB. People are saying he is an ILB because of his size but he is the same size as Maybin. His cover skills, in both man and zone, speed, quickness, and agility are all very good. He will likely be there in the 4th but doesn't really fit our D. I think he'd still be worth a pick as he would be worth a spot vs teams like Buff and NE in coverage. He'd be a very good spot player for us on 3rd downs.
    He has prototypical size for a 3-4 ILB, is a complete backer with skills we lack at LB (coverage, sideline to sideline speed) and he plays violently. How in the world does he not fit our defense?

He has prototypical size for a 3-4 ILB, is a complete backer with skills we lack at LB (coverage, sideline to sideline speed) and he plays violently. How in the world does he not fit our defense?
    He is not an ILB that is how. He is versatile and could play ILB or S but has his best value on the outside. He only projects as a 3-4 ILB because he brings little pass rush. Mainly because his read and rec skills are limited. I love this guy and think he will be a very good OLB. If a team put him at ILB they will be limiting his best skills. He is small to play OLB in our system so yeah he doesn't fit our system. As a 4th rounder I'd take him to play situation downs at OLB. As a 2nd or 3rd rounder would not be a good pick for us at all.

All Pro
    He is not an ILB that is how. He is versatile and could play ILB or S but has his best value on the outside. He only projects as a 3-4 ILB because he brings little pass rush. Mainly because his read and rec skills are limited. I love this guy and think he will be a very good OLB. If a team put him at ILB they will be limiting his best skills. He is small to play OLB in our system so yeah he doesn't fit our system. As a 4th rounder I'd take him to play situation downs at OLB. As a 2nd or 3rd rounder would not be a good pick for us at all.
    So he adds little pass rush yet you want him at OLB in our system as a situational player?! And btw you cant be serious if you think that at 6-3 and 240 he could play S... sorry, everything he does screams that he can be a deadly 3-4 ILB. He can fill against the run inside, blow up blockers, he can cover and he can stop runs going to the outside. We wont need much pass rush from him.

So he adds little pass rush yet you want him at OLB in our system as a situational player?! And btw you cant be serious if you think that at 6-3 and 240 he could play S... sorry, everything he does screams that he can be a deadly 3-4 ILB. He can fill against the run inside, blow up blockers, he can cover and he can stop runs going to the outside. We wont need much pass rush from him.
    He is a great cover OLB which is what we are missing, so yes he'd be very useful vs 2 TE sets. I have watched a lot of this guy and I can say 100% certainty he is not a ILB no more then he is a S. He does not fit at MLB nearly as well as you are saying. He has good speed and agility but makes stiff ridged moves in traffic and would be killed inside. He plays his best ball unhindered. It would be a bad bad move IMO. If we took him it would be to play OLB, I am sure of it. He is not a 2nd round talent for that matter. His best fit would be outside in a 4-3, either side.

I'd prefer Audie Cole. Has better size to handle the position, and IIRC he was a former TE. Has great cover ability/speed, along with the size to play the position (6-4, 248)

All Pro
    He is a great cover OLB which is what we are missing, so yes he'd be very useful vs 2 TE sets. I have watched a lot of this guy and I can say 100% certainty he is not a ILB no more then he is a S. He does not fit at MLB nearly as well as you are saying. He has good speed and agility but makes stiff ridged moves in traffic and would be killed inside. He plays his best ball unhindered. It would be a bad bad move IMO. If we took him it would be to play OLB, I am sure of it. He is not a 2nd round talent for that matter. His best fit would be outside in a 4-3, either side.
    So we agree to disagree, nothing wrong with that...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I'd prefer Audie Cole. Has better size to handle the position, and IIRC he was a former TE. Has great cover ability/speed, along with the size to play the position (6-4, 248)
    Audie Cole, North Carolina State (6-4 1/8, 258) Cole is a little different than the players mentioned above. He is an inside linebacker who can also go outside and play. A 4-3 team may see him as a Mike or Sam 'backer. A 3-4 team may see him as a strong inside linebacker or a left outside backer. I watched him practice twice and he is versatile enough for a team seeking a guy to train at multiple spots. I'm waiting to see how he plays in the game on Saturday to finish up my Senior Bowl evaluation.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/...P11_hot_topics

Bequette sounds promising...But after PFWs report...Maybe not..

Jake Bequette, Arkansas (6-4 1/2, 264)
    Bequette can play with his hand on the ground -- like he did in college -- but he also has the athletic ability to play standing up, dropping in zone coverage as well as rushing the passer. He had 30 tackles for loss and 22 sacks in college, and he's on the radar for a number of teams. He can run for a big man and could be a steal in the middle rounds.

Evaluation: Big-framed, smooth-muscled, white-collar defensive end with pedestrian athletic ability and linear movement skills. Limited functional strength, plays short-armed and soft-handed and does not provide enough pushback against the run. Lacks explosion, flexibility and counter moves as a rusher. Motor runs hot and cold and has an inflated opinion of his ability.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...e-bequette-91/
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-27-2012 at 11:32 AM.