Thread: Westhoff to stay for another year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Westhoff to stay for another year.

Special-teams coordinator Mike Westhoff will coach with the Jets through 2012, and the team is expecting him to retire after the upcoming season, according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger who cites two people with direct knowledge of his status with the team.

Westhoff signed a one-year contract extension with the Jets in Aug. 2010, running through the 2011 season. Westhoff said in September that he would like to coach one more season, running up to his 65th birthday.

"All I have a contract for is this year," Westhoff said back then. "I really think I would like to go this and one more, that's my goal. Then I'll be 65, that might be enough. But trust me, I donít think that far ahead."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent news.

Amazing how much blame he took on this board this year as yet again he developed another outstanding KR in McKnight. They made a mistake at punter but that should be addressed this offseason.

To blame him for players fumbling is ridiculous, coaches have limits in what they can do.