Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Dear MR. Kotter.

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    For many of us, we were the age demographic for this show. With only a few channels on the tv back in the day, we almost all watched certain shows of. It was a shared experience that we carry throughout our lives. Not sure that in today's technological age it's quite the same.
    I was thinking the same thing. All in our age group basically watched the same shows. If someone delivered a line in class from a tv show - everyone knew what they were talking about. Bygone era . . . damn I'm old

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,366
    One of the many great shows that we lack today. RIP.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    For many of us, we were the age demographic for this show. With only a few channels on the tv back in the day, we almost all watched certain shows of. It was a shared experience that we carry throughout our lives. Not sure that in today's technological age it's quite the same.
    too much programming... miss the old days of 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 plus some static channels that you got on a clear night....

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,972
    RIP

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,237
    Just old enough to have caught WBK, such a great show.

    RIP Epstein.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Just old enough to have caught WBK, such a great show.

    RIP Epstein.
    We watched EVERY week. was a terrific show.

  7. #27
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    I remember the principal being the biggest doosh. I also thought he was Ted Knight's older brother LOL.


    "Up your nose with a rubber hose!"

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,476
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. All in our age group basically watched the same shows. If someone delivered a line in class from a tv show - everyone knew what they were talking about. Bygone era . . . damn I'm old
    'Sit on it' Happy Days, "Nanu, Nanu"- Mork, Dyno-mite - JJ etc...

    It amazing how we only had those 3 channels AND had to get up to change one of the channels...then there were the rabbit ear antenna/reception issues. Geez we were cave men compared to the technology and entertainment options our kids have now.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 01-27-2012 at 03:04 PM.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,258
    My favorite Puerto Rican Jew.... RIP.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    too much programming... miss the old days of 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 plus some static channels that you got on a clear night....
    And when cable first came out there still weren't any good channels but we all remember these days.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us