Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the chances Burfict slips to 2nd?

What are the chances Burfict slips to 2nd?

I love him as a player. I think his balls to the wall play and elite athletic ability can play any LB position including putting him outside. I also like a I'm going to kill you (literally) attitude. That is probably going to drop him in the draft. The question is do you think he will be availible when we pick? Cause I really want a stud WR in the first.

I think there's too much talent for him to freefall out of the 1st but crazier things have happened.

I think someone takes a flyer on him if given the opportunity late in the first.

Dropping to us in the 2nd very unlikely but odder things have happened. It may take an injury but it is possible. Even if he is the the the 4th MLB off the board that is still a hard drop. Philly and Dallas are in front of us that would have to be a hard pass even for those teams.

Only chance of Burfict falling out of the 1st round is if he blows the interview part of the combine and he comes in overweight. It could happen but some team will prob gamble on his upside alone. He might be a headcase but he was born to knock the **** out of people. He is by far the most athletic LB in the draft and if it wasn't for his questionable behavior he would be a top 15 pick, maybe top 10. He also played for dennis erickson (worst coach in college) so maybe rex could get his head straight. Its a gamble but i could see the jets trading down and selecting him in the early 20's. If he puts it together he could be a patrick willis.

All League
    high

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    high
    +1

+1000

yeah i kinda went overboard with that comment. Willis will be an all time great when everything is said and done. what i meant was that they both had similar skill sets coming out of college. Could Burfict be as good as Willis??? No f'n way. Could Burfict be a pro-bowl player if he gets his **** together? Absolutely.

Fon't think he will make it past the 1st.

He will get drafted by either the Ravens or Giants

Fon't think he will make it past the 1st.

He will get drafted by either the Ravens or Giants

he may make it to the top of the 2nd. The Giants and Ravens also have other needs. maybe of 4th to move up a few spots could do it. He seems to be a Rex type of player and not a dan pees/Coughlin type, who dont want to trade erorrs for big hits.

if he's there at the end of the round, i think the ravens are going to jump all over him. no doubt they would be loving the idea to pair him with lewis and believe he can teach him what it means to be a pro.

Veteran
    This has been very much on my mind of late because I'm having a hard time seeing the Jets taking him at 16, particularly if an OLB or OL they want is sitting there. A lot can happen at the combine, but I think he drops no further than to Baltimore at 29 (which would mean two years in a row they land a top 15 talent for their defense on account of character flaws) -- it just makes too much sense -- which means the Jets would have to trade back into the bottom of first round with a team like Green Bay to get him. The Jets have a lot of needs this year so I'm not sure if I'd be down with them paying for that kind of trade (2nd plus next year's 1st or 2nd), but if he's sitting there at like 35 or lower, I'd be all over it.

Veteran
    One big variable in this is Hightower. I think he goes before Burfict, so the further he drops the further Burfict could drop. The Steelers could take him, but may have a more pressing need at nose to address (Poe?).

Veteran
    Coincidentally, Tony Pauline has this tidbit about Burfict in his blog entry for today:

"Before the practices even started the conversation turned to Arizona State junior linebacker Vontaz Burfict.* Separate sources, including one close to the program, told me Burfict’s decision to turn pro was likely centered around the fact he was looking at potential eligibility problems in 2012.* Everyone I spoke with said Burfict’s struggles in 2011 are directly related to the fact teammate Brandon Magee never took the field during the season after tearing his Achilles in August.* I was told Magee, a leader on the ASU defense, was the one who made sure Burfict was properly positioned on the field and made him aware of assignments.** This further confirms my report from the Shrine Game last week where different sources told me, “It’s a matter of Burfict not diagnosing plays correctly if put to the test, amongst other things.”"

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6055

Maybe he will drop into the second after all

Jets Insider VIP
    high
    Yep

The guy is a complete headcase. His little hissy fits on the field are a total detriment to his team.

Hightower, Kuechly, Bradham...even Brandon Lindsey.

All players I would take ahead of Burfict.

high
    Thank Jah someone said it. Only lowers slightly for the 3rd...Dude is suuuuuuuch a self destructive d-bag that I don't think anyone would touch him in the first unless he blows minds at the combine.

Everyone who knows it came out of the woodwork the second you said it...It was just hovering there for the taking.

If he makes it to the 2nd round anyway, I doubt he makes it past Philly

Jets Insider VIP
    Good chance he goes late in the first but I can definitely see him slipping out of the first because of his issues but I don't see him still there for us in the second.

huh. I'm thinking 3rd or 4th.

Hall Of Fame
    The NFL is to worried about players ****ing up and he's a ****ing mental case so there's a good shot of him going in the 2nd.