Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who is sick of the Giants?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A fan, but: Here are the facts. The Jets are the LEAST successful of all the pro franchises in any sport in the NY area.
    The Jets are one of the least succesful franchises in NFL history.
    The Jets have been in one championship game which they won.
    The Giants have been in 17 championship games and won 8 championships.
    Not quite like the Yankees versus the Mets but a big difference in the quality of the franchises.
    And Coughlin versus Rex. Right. Giants defense looks pretty good. Not many FAT BOYS out there. Just speed and quickness.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been sick of them for years, but not as sick as I am of our completely inept front office every year!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the one time I'm glad I'm an out-of-town, displaced fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4349277]I sure am sick of the Giants.

All the press how wonderful they are, what bullspit.

Last year, they miss the playoffs giving up 21 points in the 4Q vs the Eagles.

This year they go 9-7, win a crappy division.

The Packers and 49ers fumble the game over to the Giants, the Superbowl falls in their lap.

Next year they are going to look more like the team that lost to the Eagles.[/QUOTE]

I hate the sobs and all their fans! I find most of the fans are front runners and they do not root for the team when it is down. screw 'em.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4360506]A fan, but: Here are the facts. The Jets are the LEAST successful of all the pro franchises in any sport in the NY area.
    The Jets are one of the least succesful franchises in NFL history.
    The Jets have been in one championship game which they won.
    The Giants have been in 17 championship games and won 8 championships.
    Not quite like the Yankees versus the Mets but a big difference in the quality of the franchises.
    And Coughlin versus Rex. Right. Giants defense looks pretty good. Not many FAT BOYS out there. Just speed and quickness.[/QUOTE]

Least successful in NY by measure of championships? Sure.

But even by that measure, you cannot say that the Jets are one of the least successful franchises in the NFL. It's simply not accurate. 10 teams have gone to the SB and not won and 4 have never gone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sick of the Jets not getting it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4360522]Least successful in NY by measure of championships? Sure.

But even by that measure, you cannot say that the Jets are one of the least successful franchises in the NFL. It's simply not accurate. 10 teams have gone to the SB and not won and 4 have never gone.[/QUOTE]

They [B]are[/B] one of the least successful teams in the NFL.
    NE, MI, BALT, Buff (they won two also+4 SB trips), Colts, KC, Den, Oak, SD (champ + SB), Pitt
    NYG, DAL, WASH, PHIL has a championship + SB game
    Chi, GB, DET, NO, TB, SF, Cards (they have one), Rams

That's 22 teams right off the top of my head.
    That means the Jets are bottom third. Not to successful and some teams are still less thanm 15 years old.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Also gotta look at overall record, division titles, playoff success, etc.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4360519]I hate the sobs and all their fans! I find most of the fans are front runners and they do not root for the team when it is down. screw 'em.[/QUOTE]

And Jet fans do. How come you guys never sell out a game. Also I've seen threads on here from Jet fans sayin how they are becoming Giants fans now. Again. I said it a million times to you people. Their are front running fans with every team