Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Mock with Free Agency

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

1st Mock with Free Agency

My turn:
    Guys we sign back:
    Jim Leonard (given injury and he likes Rex, solid starter/backup)
    Brodney Poole (will be serviceable and cheap for 1-2 years)
    Jamal Westerman (Won't be a market for him)
    Aaron Maybin (I think he will stick with Rex)
    Patrick Turner (Good development/tall receiver)
    Plaxico Burress (Our red zone went from 26th to #1....because of him)
    Robert Turner (He can play RT, guard, C )

FREE AGENCY
    TE Joel Dreesen (great blocking TE that won't come with a big price tag)
    S/CB Dwight Lowery (again, I think he would be great as a S/nickel back)
    DE/OLB Matt Roth (Solid, but unspectacular DE/OLB that will come cheaper and provide solid depth)
    FS Reggie Nelson (Again, nothing spectacular, but he is a starting FS who has only missed three games in four years.)
    K Josh Scobbe/Rian Lindell/Mike Nugent/Connor Barth/Neil Rackers/Phil Dawson. ANYONE but Folk.

BIG SIGNINGS
    Dwayne Bowe : I think we will trade Holmes, but for what...who knows? I think Bowe is expendable because of Jonathan Baldwin, and what we pay him is affordable if we drop Holmes' contract.

MATT FLYNN: This to me is the THE way to go. There are quite a few starters on the market, and Peyton Manning will be joining them. There are 3-4 SOLID first round prospects for QB. Flynn wants a chance to start. He is a cold weather QB. His price will be better than others. He will push Sanchez HARD for playing time. If Sanchez flops, you have a great QB in the wings who can have a contract structured to not cost as much this year. IF Sanchez fails, you have Flynn waiting in the wings and Sanchez' contract next year is affordable to cut.

DRAFT
    1st: OLB Melvin Ingram ....he is just too talented and flexible. Rex likes his players to be diverse, and he is the guy.

2nd: Because I do not believe Bobby Massie will be there when we pick, we should move down in the second round. I have checked many mocks, and I believe this guy will be available late in the second.
    RB Lamar Miller

3rd: I think we can get an extra third for our dropping in the second. So I would go with one of two guys, depending on where we are in this pick.
    WR: Nick Toon OR TE Orson Charles.

4th: SS Brandon Taylor. The youth needed in this area.

5th: OG Ryan Miller
    5th COMP PICK: WR Marvin Jones OR TE David Paulson (depending on what happens at the 3rd spot.

6th: FS Danton Lynn. Good development and depth.
    6th COMP PICK: OC David Molk. Someone has to be available in case Mangold goes down.

7th: NT T.J. Barnes. Great position to develop a young guy.
    7th COMP PICK: P Kyle Marten. We need one

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no way we sign flynn. he is going to get big money from a team who will guarentee him a starting job

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    K Josh Scobbe/Rian Lindell/Mike Nugent/Connor Barth/Neil Rackers/Phil Dawson. ANYONE but Folk.
    I don't get this. Folk he did not have a bad season.

20-29yds 5/6
    30-39yda 6/6
    40-49yds 5/7
    50+ yds 3/6

He missed more than 1 FG in only 1 game, and it was 2. Also, did you know he has never had a kick blocked in his career and that he has never missed an XP in his career 212/212. Nick Folk is not a problem. He's got a big leg and was a pro bowler as a rookie. IMO the Jets will be well served by keeping him in place.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    no way we sign flynn. he is going to get big money from a team who will guarentee him a starting job
    Miami has a leg up with the hiring of Philbin,and it will speak volumes about Flynn if Philbin does not want him in Miami.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post

20-29yds 5/6
    30-39yda 6/6
    40-49yds 5/7
    50+ yds 3/6

He missed more than 1 FG in only 1 game, and it was 2. Also, did you know he has never had a kick blocked in his career and that he has never missed an XP in his career 212/212. Nick Folk is not a problem. He's got a big leg and was a pro bowler as a rookie. IMO the Jets will be well served by keeping him in place.
    I'm with you.

I wan't Dreessen, but reports are he wants to resign with Houston.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post

20-29yds 5/6
    30-39yda 6/6
    40-49yds 5/7
    50+ yds 3/6

He missed two important kicks this year that helped turn around games. 76% avg is not that great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    I have heard 6-year contract worth $48 but that seems high to me. Cleveland has said they are looking to bring him in to compete with McCoy but you dont offer 8 mil for that. Fynn is not a Cassel or Shaub prospect. I don't see teams handcuffing themselves on him. Either way yeah he will fetch enough money where we will not be able to get him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be OK with it but I'm not big on Bowe. Anther headache WR. Him and Holmes together just kill me now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He missed two important kicks this year that helped turn around games. 76% avg is not that great.
    Which kicks? And I didn't say he was great, I said he did not have a bad seaons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flynn will not sign a contract without a clear shot at being the #1.

Who in the hell is going to trade for Holmes? Pitt was only able to get a 5th for him when he was making 1 mill per. And trading him would eat up the little cap room that you have. And your going to sign Bowe for 8 mill per?

Sorry for being harsh, but this is like a little kids wish list for Christmas

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you doing about Right Tackle? I think that is our most pressing need on the offensive side of the ball.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think FLynn lands in DC. Also, HATE the idea of bringing back Westerman. Dude sucks against the run.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Flynn will not sign a contract without a clear shot at being the #1.

Who in the hell is going to trade for Holmes? Pitt was only able to get a 5th for him when he was making 1 mill per. And trading him would eat up the little cap room that you have. And your going to sign Bowe for 8 mill per?

Sorry for being harsh, but this is like a little kids wish list for Christmas
    Trading him actually saves cap room according to Jason, it's a matter of finding someone to trade him to, on which I agree with you, that will be difficult.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Trading him actually saves cap room according to Jason, it's a matter of finding someone to trade him to, on which I agree with you, that will be difficult.
    Trading or cutting Holmes is just not going to happen. No one will take his contract and give us better then a 5th. At best we save 1 mil on a 10mil cap number. If it happened we'd then have to go out and get anther WR of his caliber spending anther 8-10 mil. So your talking 19 mil in cap space tied up on one WR. That is just not going to happen. Not to mention guys like Bowe and DJax aren't exactly a moral boost or an upgrade. It would be trading one bad egg for anther. There is really no WR out there we can bring in worth that kind of cheddar. Holmes has a strong up side there is no point in replacing him with that kind of a hit. Him and Sanchez are locked if you get rid of one you might as well get rid of both IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the best thing the jets can do is draft other wrs and eventually holmes will leave. for all the talk about drafting guys like upshaw and ingram, the real need of this team is on offense. i can easily see a draft where the first 2 picks, if not more, are dedicated to the offense. if they took jeffrey or wright in the first and an OL in the 2nd, that may help open up the running game more than taking an olb in the first and a wr in the 2nd.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Trading or cutting Holmes is just not going to happen. No one will take his contract and give us better then a 5th. At best we save 1 mil on a 10mil cap number. If it happened we'd then have to go out and get anther WR of his caliber spending anther 8-10 mil. So your talking 19 mil in cap space tied up on one WR. That is just not going to happen. Not to mention guys like Bowe and DJax aren't exactly a moral boost or an upgrade. It would be trading one bad egg for anther. There is really no WR out there we can bring in worth that kind of cheddar. Holmes has a strong up side there is no point in replacing him with that kind of a hit. Him and Sanchez are locked if you get rid of one you might as well get rid of both IMO.
    Bowe is much better than Holmes and is a better match for Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    A $5 million cap charge creates an additional $4.25 million in cap room for the Jets to play with in 2012, a pretty nice chunk of change.
    This is what we save if we traded him, as per Jason. If I can get a conditional 4th/5th and 4.25 in cap space, I definitely think about it. But again the only remote hope of this happening is an idiot like Snyder trading for him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes - during FA last year he almost landed in Washington. There are suiters out there. It all just depends on what we get back. 2nd or 3rd round pick? Is that enough?

Personally, i'd be thrilled with either.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is stretching the imagination a little. I don't even conceivably see Flynn here, Not a proven guy first off, and would cost us almost 50 mill to get him here.

Also the O Line needs help this offseason.

But hey i did like one thing. Melvin Ingram.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    Holmes - during FA last year he almost landed in Washington. There are suiters out there. It all just depends on what we get back. 2nd or 3rd round pick? Is that enough?

Personally, i'd be thrilled with either.
    Not gonna happen. Maybe a 5 or a 6...Maybe