Thread: I against I Offseason Mock

Veteran

I against I Offseason Mock

Rip it to shreds.

Free Agency

Braylon Edwards WR He’ll come back on the cheap
    Martellus Bennett TE Blocking TE needed for Sparano’s offense, has familiarity with Sparano
    Lorenzo Booker RB Can fill the void if needed, versatile, pass catching, return ability also familiar with Sparano’s offense
    Thomas Decoud SS Young, Hard hitter and can play either S position.
    David Hawthorne MLB Rangy MLB takes over for Scott
    Anthony Collins RT Big, young mauler who excels in pass protection and can be a part of the line for the next five years.
    Chris Hope S Added depth. Probably catch him for a 1 year vet min deal.
    David Carr QB Backup to Sanchez and can step in for injury or stopgap to a Sanchez failure.

Resign

Jamaal Westerman
    Marquice Cole
    Patrick Turner
    Sione Pouha
    Donald Strickland
    Jim Leonhard
    Garrett McIntyre
    Kevin O’Connell

Let Walk

Bryan Thomas
    Robert Turner
    Mark Brunell
    Brodney Pool

Cuts

Eric Smith
    Wayne Hunter
    Bart Scott
    Matt Mulligan

Draft

1. Trent Richardson RB Alabama
    2. Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia
    3. Harrison Smith S Notre Dame
    4. Nick Toon WR Wisconsin
    5. Josh Oglesby T Wisconsin
    6. Justin Bethel CB/S/KR/ST Presbyterian
    7. Christian Thompson FS South Carolina State
    Last edited by I against I; 01-28-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Rip it to shreds.

Free Agency

Martellus Bennett TE Blocking TE needed for Sparano’s offense, has familiarity with Sparano
    Lorenzo Booker RB Can fill the void if needed, versatile, pass catching, return ability also familiar with Sparano’s offense
    Anthony Collins RT Big, young mauler who excels in pass protection and can be a part of the line for the next five years.
    David Carr QB Backup to Sanchez and can step in for injury or stopgap to a Sanchez failure.

Resign

Jamaal Westerman
    Marquice Cole
    Patrick Turner
    Sione Pouha
    Donald Strickland
    Jim Leonhard
    Garrett McIntyre
    Kevin O’Connell

Let Walk

Bryan Thomas
    Robert Turner
    Mark Brunell

Cuts

Eric Smith
    Wayne Hunter
    Bart Scott
    Matt Mulligan

Draft

1. Trent Richardson RB Alabama2. Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia
    No.

Do you think Edwards is going to "work for cheap" along side the 10 mill dollar man?

Bennett would be a good fit.

Hawthorne is well liked in Seattle, he will cost at least 5 mill per, you dont save any money by cutting Scott.

Collins will also not come cheap, but he should be the main target not Hawthorne.

Carr is a clip board holder not a valid b/u for a playoff team. David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Orton are all guys that will give the jets a shot if Sanchez gets hurt. and are talented enough to address the competion issue that some believe Sanchez will benefit from.

As far as the draft, Richardson is the pick, if he is there, He will take the load of Sanchez the way Rice does with Flacco.
    Last edited by patman; 01-28-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Do you think Edwards is going to "work for cheap" along side the 10 mill dollar man?

Bennett would be a good fit.

Hawthorne is well liked in Seattle, he will cost at least 5 mill per, you dont save any money by cutting Scott.

Collins will also not come cheap, but he should be the main target not Hawthorne.

Carr is a clip board holder not a valid b/u for a playoff team. David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Orton are all guys that will give the jets a shot if Sanchez gets hurt. and are talented enough to address the competion issue that some believe Sanchez will benefit from.

Veteran
    Ok, everyone has different opinions on player selection. My only problem is you've cut Hunter, let go of Turner and signed a RT. Still there is no depth on the Oline. I dont think a 6th round Tackle prospect will provide depth.

Why cut Scott? It cost us cap and he isn't exactly done. Not worth the money yes but not worth the money to cut. He is here one more year. I dont think your draft is realistic. Trent and Toon will not fall that far. Also we have 3 RBs on the roster already and your adding anther 2. There is a roster # we have to keep under. Unless we trade Greene we aren't picking a RB in the 1st 3 rounds. I hope to god that doesn't happen it would basically be washing our 1st round pick. You want to resign Donald Strickland and Kevin O’Connell why?

Why would we sign a FA RB and draft trent richardson. Doesnt anybody remember we spent a 4th round pick last year on bilall powell? If LT retires we still have 3 RBs on the roster.

Collins would be fun with all this Groundz and Poundz bs we'll have to see. Massive young and athletic? That's what we need!

Draft is OK...I'd like more legit competition for Sanchez though.

David Carr is a steaminng pile of doots

Veteran
    Yes, Edwards would come cheap, because I doubt after being waived in week 14 by the 49ers many teams but us would offer him a deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What choice does he have?

The guy was forced to settle on a 1 year $1 million dollar deal last offseason and that was before he screwed up his knee.

He was also cut 2-3 weeks before the playoffs by San Francisco, a team with poor WR depth.

Braylon would definitely come cheap. He might even have to accept the vet minimum at this point.

Edwards is MAYBE a 4th WR option next year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    Why would we sign a FA RB and draft trent richardson. Doesnt anybody remember we spent a 4th round pick last year on bilall powell? If LT retires we still have 3 RBs on the roster.
    I had someone else as at 16 and of course not a RB. UT sold me on drafting Richardson but I never edited my free agency to make up for too many RBs.

Garrard, Orton and Campbell are probably on the same level as Carr. I think Carr is an underrated QB to back up Sanchez. But of course all four can be considered heaping piles of doots as Kasper so eloquently declared.

I'm figuring Carr is coming from the Erhardt offense that the Jets will be running next year, so I'm putting that into account as well.

The Jets won't be looking to break the bank on a lot of players.

Figure the majority of the free agents I've chosen are not going to get multi year deals with the exception of Decoud, Hawthorne and Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Rip it to shreds.

Free Agency

Resign

Jamaal Westerman
    Marquice Cole
    Patrick Turner
    Sione Pouha
    Donald Strickland
    Jim Leonhard
    Garrett McIntyre
    Kevin O’Connell

Let Walk

Bryan Thomas
    Robert Turner
    Mark Brunell
    Brodney Pool

Cuts

Eric Smith
    Wayne Hunter
    Bart Scott
    Matt Mulligan

Draft

1. Trent Richardson RB Alabama
    2. Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia
    Carr is nothing but a steaming pile of pooh. I watched him at the Carolina Panthers camp. Other than having a hot wife he sucked balls. Big time.
    Oh and never take a RB in the first round.