Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Get Help With Confronting Veterans

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Warfish;4352664]Suprised you even bothered tbh Green. DerpDawgg is Derp.

Always has been on an topic involving "Veterans", i.e. himself.[/QUOTE]

Like you, I see it as an amusing challenge.

Like a crossword.

:D

All League
    "Law Enforcement- the only profession where those who have never done the job are experts on how to do the job".

Where are all the Jets Insider experts lecturing EMTs, active duty military personnel and firefighters? By all means please share you sage advice and wisdom lest they feel left out!

[QUOTE=Warfish;4352189]You base that claim on what?

Pushing for what, specificly?[/QUOTE]

We swear to defend the constitution with our lives. Most read it or understand it better than the average American.

Freedom, the constitution and the bill of rights. This is still a republic.

(This keyboard on my new machine is a bit smaller than I am used to and thus the typos)

We are the spectators we have no idea what is going on at the scene of these confrontations. The cops are over worked and are being pushed from both sides. In many ways they are left on a island. Walk in their shoes before you shoot your mouth off!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4352820]"Law Enforcement- the only profession where those who have never done the job are experts on how to do the job".

Where are all the Jets Insider experts lecturing EMTs, active duty military personnel and firefighters? By all means please share you sage advice and wisdom lest they feel left out![/QUOTE]

============================

Most interactions with EMTs and fire fighters, are more positive then with the police. Most do not come into contact at all with active military members while they are on the job.

Not a lot of debate out there for how EMTS and fire fighters perform there job.

Guys like me who are obsessed with the constitution and the bill of rights are exposed to the constitutional delimas the police are faced with while doing there job, more so then with fire fighters.

Law enforcement and there role in society and how they perform there duties is a worthy discussion.

You exemplify part of the disconnect between law enforcement and the people they serve with statements like the one quoted above.

Were all in this together, it's not about us Vs them, it's simply about us.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4352846]We are the spectators we have no idea what is going on at the scene of these confrontations. The cops are over worked and are being pushed from both sides. In many ways they are left on a island. Walk in their shoes before you shoot your mouth off![/QUOTE]

Not all LEO's are NYPD. In fact most are in small towns and much smaller cities

[QUOTE=gunnails;4352851]============================

Most interactions with EMTs and fire fighters, are more positive then with the police. Most do not come into contact at all with active military members while they are on the job.

Guys like me who are obsessed with the constitution and the bill of rights are exposed to the constitutional delimas the police are faced with while doing there job, more so then with fire fighters.

Law enforcement and there role in society and how they perform there duties is a worthy discussion.

You exemplify part of the disconnect between law enforcement and the people they serve with statements like the one quoted above.

Were all in this together, it's not about us Vs them, it's simply about us.[/QUOTE]

Very intelligent response here. I believe that the divide that you mentioned is a real problem and leads to major issues with LEO's and the people that they are sworn to 'Protect and Serve'.

Jets Insider VIP

Were all in this together, it's not about us Vs them, it's simply about us.[/QUOTE]

You're making some excellent, well thought out points. But PLEASE... I know it's annoying when people point this out... but I have to say it because it is driving me totally bonkers.

T H E I R = adjective...Belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified

T H E R E = adverb...In, at, or to that place or position

Ok, I feel better. Carry on, good sir.

All League

The comment was directed at the self professed know it alls and serial cop critics. Give me a specific incident to debate or agree with, fine, happy to do so...I don't (or at least I shouldn't) get drawn into sweeping LE lectures from those who think they know more about the job than the very folks who do the job. If logic equals to a disconnect with those folks its self inflicted.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4352887]The comment was directed at the self professed know it alls and serial cop critics. Give me a specific incident to debate or agree with, fine, happy to do so...I don't (or at least I shouldn't) get drawn into sweeping LE lectures from those who think they know more about the job than the very folks who do the job. If logic equals to a disconnect with those folks its self inflicted.[/QUOTE]

==========================================

I understand it is frustrating, but we owe it to ourselves to try to understand EACH other. Even though we may never understand/connect with each other. However some will, and that is worth the effort.

I and many others I am sure, value your sincere input.

6 Year Army Veteran confronted by Police

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYTPhuPuF20&feature=player_embedded[/url]