Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eli feels sorry for Sanchez

Eli feels sorry for Sanchez

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/eli_feel_mark_pain_ozzw14JER4Dg5f5s5JelNN[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Zasw;4352148][url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/eli_feel_mark_pain_ozzw14JER4Dg5f5s5JelNN[/url][/QUOTE]

Article...

[QUOTE]Giants quarterback Eli Manning stuck up for Mark Sanchez, his Jets counterpart, in an interview with ESPN.

Manning said he believes Sanchez has unfairly taken the brunt of the criticism for the Jets’ failed season.

“I don’t think a lot of it’s fair sometimes, and I’ve dealt with it myself over the years,” Manning said. “As soon as you make mistakes, or you have an off year, even if it’s not your fault as a quarterback. ... [B]I’ve always said the quarterback and the head coach always get too much blame when you lose and too much credit when you win.[/B]”

Manning endured similar criticism early in his Giants career. Now, he is leading them to the Super Bowl for the second time.

[/QUOTE]

That's a very accurate statement IMO.

Great...pity from Eli Manning.

/slits wrists.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=dustykeller;4352153]Great...pity from Eli Manning.

/slits wrists.[/QUOTE]

I know. This season can't get any more horrific. It never ends. It's the gift that keeps on taking!

Even worse, I had to endure a sports talk show on an Arizona radio station while I was driving the other day where they debated, "Is Eli Manning the greatest QB in the history of NY sports?"

They talked about Simms, Namath, YA Tittle...and surmised that if the Giants win next week then yes, Eli Manning is the greatest QB in the history of New York. I vomited on the steering wheel and drove off the road.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Forget Peyton. How can we sign Eli? When is his contract up? Anyone know?

SAR I

Rookie
    "I’ve always said the quarterback and the head coach always get too much blame when you lose and too much credit when you win."

This a million times.

Eli sucks though ;)

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4352156]I know. This season can't get any more horrific. It never ends. It's the gift that keeps on taking!

Even worse, I had to endure a sports talk show on an Arizona radio station while I was driving the other day where they debated, "Is Eli Manning the greatest QB in the history of NY sports?"

They talked about Simms, Namath, YA Tittle...and surmised that if the Giants win next week then yes, Eli Manning is the greatest QB in the history of New York. I vomited on the steering wheel and drove off the road.[/QUOTE]

This is why I want Brady to light them up on Sunday. I mean, embarrass the Giants to the point where fans are crying on TV.

I've hated the Giants since being a kid in the 60s. NYC with the Giants as Super Bowl champs (for the fourth time, no less) will be completely intolerable and make us irrelevant for at least the next five years, probably 10.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4352156]I know. This season can't get any more horrific. It never ends. It's the gift that keeps on taking!

They talked about Simms, Namath, YA Tittle...and surmised that if the Giants win next week then yes, Eli Manning is the greatest QB in the history of New York. I vomited on the steering wheel and drove off the road.[/QUOTE]

Oh man...that's awful. The only thing getting me through the latest Eli lovefest is the memory of Calvin Pace mashing Eli's face in the preseason 2 years ago. Sweet memories.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4352159]Forget Peyton. How can we sign Eli? When is his contract up? Anyone know?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

C'mon dude, You know we won't look at Eli until he's 38 years old and on the decline. :P

Banned
    Give the guy some credit. Everyone is piling on Sanchez, and he stuck up for him. Before the Super Bowl win the media and fans skewered him the same way. He knows what Sanchez is going through.

Veteran

They talked about Simms, Namath, YA Tittle...and surmised that if the Giants win next week then yes, Eli Manning is the greatest QB in the history of New York. I vomited on the steering wheel and drove off the road.[/QUOTE]ANother slow sports day in the valley, eh....... Calvese and Wolfley have nuthin better to talk about!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I have been told by this board that Sanchez is becoming Eli and Drew Brees real soon. So no worries fellas.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4352179]Give the guy some credit. Everyone is piling on Sanchez, and he stuck up for him. Before the Super Bowl win the media and fans skewered him the same way. He knows what Sanchez is going through.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and he never said he felt sorry for him, I dont know where that came from.

I try to hate that putty-faced doofus but I just cant. He's a good egg.

-

[QUOTE=32green;4352197]Exactly, and he never said he felt sorry for him, I dont know where that came from.

[B]I try to hate that putty-faced doofus but I just cant.[/B] He's a good egg.

-[/QUOTE]

I can. Easily.

I want three pick sixes for TDs on Sunday by Eli. Then, as he's running back to the sidelines, the camera follows him as he trips and falls head first into a Gatorade container, nearly drowning. Only Coughlin giving him mouth-to-mouth on TV saves Eli.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4352208]I can. Easily.

I want three pick sixes for TDs on Sunday by Eli. Then, as he's running back to the sidelines, the camera follows him as he trips and falls head first into a Gatorade container, nearly drowning. Only Coughlin giving him mouth-to-mouth on TV saves Eli.[/QUOTE]

What, no errant Javelins in that scenario? You old softy.

-

I want three pick sixes for TDs on Sunday by Eli. Then, as he's running back to the sidelines, the camera follows him as he trips and falls head first into a Gatorade container, nearly drowning. Only Coughlin giving him mouth-to-mouth on TV saves Eli.[/QUOTE]

The wine will be flowing in the Borgo house if a that happens.

[img]http://www.bookcaseangel.com/images/Manning-gets-rocked2.gif[/img]

[QUOTE=SAR I;4352159]Forget Peyton. How can we sign Eli? When is his contract up? Anyone know?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL

As Rex's biggest critic, I doubt you can come up with the scenario under which Eli wants to play for him

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4352211]The wine will be flowing in the Borgo house if a that happens.[/QUOTE]

I'll go outside and dunk a basketball.

[QUOTE=dustykeller;4352215][img]http://www.bookcaseangel.com/images/Manning-gets-rocked2.gif[/img][/QUOTE]

:D I jumped off the couch screaming after that shot. You don't want to wish any real harm, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't clapping as Eli ran off with blood spurting from his chin.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4352197]
    I try to hate that putty-faced doofus but I just cant. He's a good egg.

-[/QUOTE]

Doofus is the perfect word. Everytime I see his blank stare I think I cant believe this dude is an NFL quarterback.

Then this picture pops into my head.

[IMG]http://www.gatorcountry.org/wearetheboys/images/eli_drunk.jpg[/IMG]

Then I think to myself "I can't believe this dude is an NFL quarterback"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4352227]Doofus is the perfect word. Everytime I see his blank stare I think I cant believe this dude is an NFL quarterback.

Then this picture pops into my head.

[IMG]http://www.gatorcountry.org/wearetheboys/images/eli_drunk.jpg[/IMG]

Then I think to myself "I can't believe this dude is an NFL quarterback"[/QUOTE]

If you haven't had that goofy ass grin on your face at least once in your life...you haven't lived.