Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our Biggest need and WR Mohamed Sanu : The next great one

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    Damn snack do you need a hug or something? You're a cranky ****er.

There's no chance in hell Sanu goes in the top 25. There's 4 or 5 WRs that will be picked before him and There's not going to be 5 WRs taken in the first round this year.
    Yeah I was kinda cranky yesterday, my apologies. Sanu is projected to go in the early 2nd, late 1st if he has a solid combine. If he lasts to us in the 2nd round(highly unlikely) then I'm all for that. But what I was saying is that WR position is in flux right now and that Sanchez could use a young big, fast, strong receiver that he can grow with. I'd be fine with Jeffery or Floyd, but I think we need that elite or close to elite talent in our arsenal to take our offense to the next level.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Yeah I was kinda cranky yesterday, my apologies. Sanu is projected to go in the early 2nd, late 1st if he has a solid combine. If he lasts to us in the 2nd round(highly unlikely) then I'm all for that. But what I was saying is that WR position is in flux right now and that Sanchez could use a young big, fast, strong receiver that he can grow with. I'd be fine with Jeffery or Floyd, but I think we need that elite or close to elite talent in our arsenal to take our offense to the next level.
    Haha happens to the best of us. I agree that the OLB v. WR is a tough choice in the first. I just think the value drops off a cliff for DE/OLB past our first round spot. Unless Vinny Curry made a miraculous fall to the 2nd I am not sure who you could tab to be a pass rushing solution long term for our D. The other thing is WRs of good talent level can be found in the lower parts of the first round. What I mean by this is that even in subsequent years, if we were again knocking around in the playoffs (ideally picking at 32 ), we could address the WR spot late in the 1st. For instance even in this draft we'd at #32 we'd be looking at Sanu and possibly even Jeffery. The pass rushers never drop like that from what I can recall (maybe Dumervil... but he's the only one I can think of who was legitimately good already. James Harrison is what I call a shot in the dark type of find, not something you bank on if you have pass rush issues)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Haha happens to the best of us. I agree that the OLB v. WR is a tough choice in the first. I just think the value drops off a cliff for DE/OLB past our first round spot. Unless Vinny Curry made a miraculous fall to the 2nd I am not sure who you could tab to be a pass rushing solution long term for our D. The other thing is WRs of good talent level can be found in the lower parts of the first round. What I mean by this is that even in subsequent years, if we were again knocking around in the playoffs (ideally picking at 32 ), we could address the WR spot late in the 1st. For instance even in this draft we'd at #32 we'd be looking at Sanu and possibly even Jeffery. The pass rushers never drop like that from what I can recall (maybe Dumervil... but he's the only one I can think of who was legitimately good already. James Harrison is what I call a shot in the dark type of find, not something you bank on if you have pass rush issues)
    If Harrison was in this draft everyone would see him as too light to play OLB. Much like Bruce Irvin or Nigel Bradham.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Its def a tough choice between OLB vs. WR this year. You present a fair argument, pass rushers are usually one of the first positions off the board, those top OLB come at a premium, and it would be huge if we could land a JPP type of player in this year's draft. With that said, do you believe that either Upshaw or Ingram could be that type of player? I mean coming out of college JPP was an absolute freak. When I watch Upshaw play I see a good player in the NFL, not great. I mean he would fill a need for us no doubt, play all 3 downs, pressure the qb, drop back in some coverage. But he doesn't look particularly quick of the ball and he won't over power OL in the NFL, I just don't see him being a dominant pass rusher in the NFL. Does he have that kind of upside? Were you that impressed with him in the Championship game? Nothing stood out to me like WOW this guy is a beast or this guy will be a stud in the NFL. What do you think Mo???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's still basically 3 months from the draft but right now alot of sites have him as a 2nd round value..Use the 1st on an OLB and see if he is there in round 2...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the draft still so long away I'm not throwing out anyone in the 1st. QB, WR, RB, OL, DL, OLB, ILB, and DB are all up for play still. We should take the BPA and be happy with it. If that happens to be Sanu so be it. Some have him high some have him low. Until you see who is biting you can't tell what their real stock is. Even then some teams are more covert then others.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's still basically 3 months from the draft but right now alot of sites have him as a 2nd round value..Use the 1st on an OLB and see if he is there in round 2...
    That's what I'm thinking. I think they take a versatile LB in the first, and HOPEFULLY Sanu in the second, but may trade up in the second to grab their favorite remaing player.

Ingram In the first and Sanu in the second? Sign me up for that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Sanu, but I doubt the Jets get him.

Interestly enough, he's probably lower risk than a lot of the other guys we want the Jets to take at 16 - Upshaw, Ingram, etc...

I also think he could make an immediate impact too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will not last to the second round after the combine.
    He wont make it past the Pats

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If Harrison was in this draft everyone would see him as too light to play OLB. Much like Bruce Irvin or Nigel Bradham.
    We have our bruce irvin already in maybin, who can hopefully make strides and contribute even more this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its def a tough choice between OLB vs. WR this year. You present a fair argument, pass rushers are usually one of the first positions off the board, those top OLB come at a premium, and it would be huge if we could land a JPP type of player in this year's draft. With that said, do you believe that either Upshaw or Ingram could be that type of player? I mean coming out of college JPP was an absolute freak. When I watch Upshaw play I see a good player in the NFL, not great. I mean he would fill a need for us no doubt, play all 3 downs, pressure the qb, drop back in some coverage. But he doesn't look particularly quick of the ball and he won't over power OL in the NFL, I just don't see him being a dominant pass rusher in the NFL. Does he have that kind of upside? Were you that impressed with him in the Championship game? Nothing stood out to me like WOW this guy is a beast or this guy will be a stud in the NFL. What do you think Mo???
    Ingram definitely has the explosion/speed to be an elite OLB. His arms concern me with how short they are, but it is what it is. As for Upshaw I think he is suffering from over analysis. The guy can and play, was constantly putting pressure on QBs in college in the SEC. Woodley dropped to the second round because he wasn't an "elite" pass rusher in terms of speed, etc. I think Upshaw ends up being a 10-14 sack kind of guy, bringing consistent pressure who is blowing up the run game too.