Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Biggest need and WR Mohamed Sanu : The next great one

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Our Biggest need and WR Mohamed Sanu : The next great one

I see a lot of people on this site stating that we need to draft an OLB/pass rusher with our 1st pick . While I agree that we need a young athletic OLB that can put some pressure on QB, I believe that a game changing WR is our biggest need at this point. We have drafted defense 3 of the last 4 years and I think it is time we address the other side of the ball and give Sanchez a big-time weapon to help him out. This organization has invested a lot in this kid and I believe they will do everything they can this year to get this kid back on track. One of the ways you can do that is surround him with talented players. The Jets Offense had the least amount of 20+ yd plays in the league last season even less than the browns and colts that is phuckin pathetic. Outside of Holmes(when he tries) we really don't have any explosive players. Keller, Kerley, Turner, ??? We have possession receivers that are not equipped to make big plays down field. Defenses know all you have to do is double Holmes and try to let everyone be them. Its a big phuckin problem, but fixable if we bring somebody in here that can get down the field and make big plays. Braylon?? hmm I don't know he was good that last year for us, but we've been down that road before and i think we know where it ends. Colston - great player but is more of a poss wr, doesn't really fit what we need, won't come here anyway. V-Jax- no way we can afford him. Meachem- mehh. don't know haven't seen enough. I believe there are 3 or 4 big time wr's in this draft that can help us immediately. Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery and Sanu. I would be happy if they selected any one of these guys( I know we won't get blackmon) but any one of these three would help Sanchez out immensely. Everyone has been talking about the first 3 but the one I want is Sanu. Great hands, elite speed, will catch over the middle, very strong, can break tackles, high football I.Q. This guy would be the perfect complement to Holmes and would look great in green and white...enjoy.

http://youtu.be/WE2bWR0uRxg

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need a game changing QB more than a game changing WR. Find a QB and hell find you your WRs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i see how well Kurt Warner did with the Giants with a sketchy o-line and no Wr's (Same situation Sanchez was in this year). He was horrible and everyone said he was done. Then he took Arizona to the Super Bowl with Fitzgerald and Boldin, so it ain't always about the qb. You gotta have weapons on the outside to make some big plays so the defense respects the deep ball so they're not always trying to jump the 5-10 pass. This team lacks playmakers. Is Sanchez the answer at QB?? I don't know but the only way to find out is to give him the necessary tools to succeed and find out. Sanchez didn't have that last year. He had a shaky o-line and a below average wr core. Buress was a red-zone target that was it. I watched all the games he could not get open. Kerley was a 4th round rookie wr, he had a good year but is a poss wr. Keller is a good TE, but not that explosive. Who else scares you besides Holmes in this offense???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He does 'the tebow' better than tebow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've made the same argument for Sanu as well. He is just what we need. People will bring up his longest play was only like 30 yards and dismiss him. Never mind Rutger only average like 160 yards passing a game and 93 of that was Sanu. This guy makes things happen on O. His QBs where Chas Dodd and Gary Nova!! He is a play maker. He is one of only 8 WR to put up 100+ receptions in college ball this year and by far was in the worst O of the bunch. I wouldn't say elite speed but Good speed, good size, great routs, tough as nails, and a great work ethic. Well worth a late 1st early 2nd rounder. Let Holmes go deep let this kid draw coverage down the other side. He will drive CBs up a wall trying to keep up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the second round....Sanu sounds great.

At 16, it is a potential Firing-Inducing pick for Tannenbaum.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about all that. I mean he drafted Vernon Gholston 4th overall a couple years back so I don't think you can worse that that. With that said if they like Sanu I could see them trading back to the end of the first to scoop him plus adding an additional 2nd round pick. Seems like a plan to me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will not last to the second round after the combine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    I don't know about all that. I mean he drafted Vernon Gholston 4th overall a couple years back so I don't think you can worse that that. With that said if they like Sanu I could see them trading back to the end of the first to scoop him plus adding an additional 2nd round pick. Seems like a plan to me.
    There is more to it then the success or failure of the player, which is more my argument. I have no idea how good sanu will be, but his production seems to indicate he will be a success.

Gholston wasn't something to get fired over because there was literally no one else to pick, he was the "BPA" at that spot, that draft just happened to be terrible. The next pass rusher was derrick harvey, who also is out of football.

The problem here would be that if Ingram or Upshaw turned into lamar woodley, and sanu was simply a good pro, the media/fans would NEVER forget it. People on our board still crucify Tanny for gholston, even though there was no where else for him to go that year. If a highly ranked player, at a position we need, that can put up sack numbers, turns into the pass rusher they are predicted to be, and we pass on him to address a position where we already have holmes, thats a HUGE problem for a GM and rightfully so.

If, and only IF, the OLBs are gone, and we love sanu, lets move back to 24-28 range, pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick and take him, and then attack our other needs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    There is more to it then the success or failure of the player, which is more my argument. I have no idea how good sanu will be, but his production seems to indicate he will be a success.

Gholston wasn't something to get fired over because there was literally no one else to pick, he was the "BPA" at that spot, that draft just happened to be terrible. The next pass rusher was derrick harvey, who also is out of football.

The problem here would be that if Ingram or Upshaw turned into lamar woodley, and sanu was simply a good pro, the media/fans would NEVER forget it. People on our board still crucify Tanny for gholston, even though there was no where else for him to go that year. If a highly ranked player, at a position we need, that can put up sack numbers, turns into the pass rusher they are predicted to be, and we pass on him to address a position where we already have holmes, thats a HUGE problem for a GM and rightfully so.

If, and only IF, the OLBs are gone, and we love sanu, lets move back to 24-28 range, pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick and take him, and then attack our other needs.
    Hinds site is always 20-20. Ghost look good in workout and won a lot of people over on potential. We took Ghost just because everyone expected the Pats to take him.

The JETS do not draft like that. If Sanu is their guy they draft him. Not trade back and pray he falls. If he is worth a 1st he is worth a 1st period. Either your GM makes a bad evaluation or he makes a good one. Some times that is the BPA sometimes it isn't. We could have waited for Sanchez or Revis too but didn't. The one thing I'll give Tanny is he doesn't let other teams make his picks "easier". Taking Keller was a huge risk. If that failed you can bet yourself he'd have been booed out of town for that one. But that was his guy and he jumped on him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    In your honest opinion, by just watching the team this year, where do you think we need the most help? Offense or Defense? The Offense was phucking atrocious last year. How many 3 and outs can we possibly have? The first piece of business for the Jets has to be the improvement of Sanchez and the offense. We may have Holmes but what good is he if he is double teamed all the time. He needs help. Pass rush is definatly a need no doubt about it and I believe they will address that in the draft and posibly FA, but we still have guys that are improving Maybin and Westerman. Wr's - Holmes, Kerley #3 slot, ?? Turner?? Help please.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In your honest opinion, by just watching the team this year, where do you think we need the most help? Offense or Defense? The Offense was phucking atrocious last year. How many 3 and outs can we possibly have? The first piece of business for the Jets has to be the improvement of Sanchez and the offense. We may have Holmes but what good is he if he is double teamed all the time. He needs help. Pass rush is definatly a need no doubt about it and I believe they will address that in the draft and posibly FA, but we still have guys that are improving Maybin and Westerman. Wr's - Holmes, Kerley #3 slot, ?? Turner?? Help please.
    I know that WRs are made by their offense and mainly QB. We had Braylon, Holmes, cotchery, and keller and the offense still struggled. Is Robert Meachem a good player, or a result of having a great QB whose OC designs plays that get him open?

I honestly think that its better to sign a proven NFL WR then it is to draft one. I think kerley will make strides this year and I think Patrick Turner has developed into a fine 4th WR.

We need more then pass rush, we need an every down LB who can also rush the passer....there are 2 of them in the draft and we need that more then we need someone who will be our 3rd WR next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say D. We have spent a lot building this O and it is pretty much put up of shut up for them. The D has a few wholes and a few aging players that need replacing. If we want to stay on top we have to keep our edge on D and hope our O grows up. We have the talent and youth on O it is just on them to produce. I wouldn't shutter at a WR to fill that 2 spot but D is more important IMO. S, OLB, ILB, and even a DL may be big priorities for us to stay on top.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure there is more than two guys in the whole draft that can play OLB for 3 downs and rush the passer, but I understand where you are coming from. There are a lot of questions regarding B. Thomas and Calvin Pace that the Jets will probably answer before the draft, but they def need an OLB bc B. Thomas prob will not be back. If you believe that the offense struggled with Bray, Holmes and Cotch, then how can you think that we'd be all right with Holmes Kerley and Meachem? Meachem has done nothing to prove that he is ready to take a starting role, maybe hes being underutilized bc the saints have so many weapons but something scares me about that guy. The offense may have struggled at times when we had Bray and cotch in it but we did make it to the AFC title game twice, so it could have not been that bad. But if defense is the way you want to go in the 1st round then be my guest, but don't complain when we lead the league in 3 and outs and are the most boring offense in the league....ugggh it makes me sick how inept we were this season.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    talent and youth??? WHHOOOOOOOOOO???

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet you our defense will be praying that we get some help for Sanchez. Phuckin guys were out on the field 3/4 of the game. Coach: "Hey Revis you ready to go back in." Revis: "Are you $hittin me, I just sat down." Coach: "Sorry bub, you know how it is." Revis: "Yeah..this sucks."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gholston was drafted 6th, not 4th. Just sayin'.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great call. That makes a huge difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    talent and youth??? WHHOOOOOOOOOO???
    With 2 maybe 3 exceptions there is a ton of talent on O and most of our starters are young or just hitting their primes. Mark has a lot of weapons we just need to find a way to make it work. Our issues on O where depth and play calling mostly. We dont need to go insane and draft a LOT of O here. We are just what 4 years off of a complete rebuild? If we still need to add more developing players to the O we are a long long way off. We just need to focus on the strong points of the players we do have because there are many. Our D is not getting better right now. If Maybin, Westerman, Bellore, Gerald Alexander, and Smith are the future of this D we are in real trouble.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great call. That makes a huge difference.
    Yeah, who enjoys facts?

I really, really like Sanu as a player, but he'll have to be amazing at combine to be a legit candidate at 16.