Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Biggest need and WR Mohamed Sanu : The next great one

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    you keep saying a ton of talent. who are you referring to?? Holmes is good, not great imo. Keller is decent, he has his good games and bad ones, he makes some plays but doesn't do it consistently enough. Kerley is a slot wr, he will be a nice complement to Holmes and another big WR. Turner is a waiver pick up, a #4 wr at best. S. Greene is Thomas Jones. Good running back but not a #1. Who have the Jets drafted in the past 5 years that has been a big time offensive game changer for this team? Phuck it. How about the last 10 years? Don't worry I'll wait. Maybin had 6 sacks in half a year and showed a non-stop motor so he has alot of upside imo. Westerman has talent but we still need to see more, I think he will benefit from a full training camp. Still have Pace and maybe B. Thomas. What did we draft Wilkerson for??? To stop the run?? That Giants offense really looked great against us didn't they?? E. Manning was 9-100 with int. Our offense couldn't get a first down after our initial score. Our defense gave us plenty of chances to win that game. JOKE

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;4354079]Yeah, who enjoys facts?

I really, really like Sanu as a player, but he'll have to be amazing at combine to be a legit candidate at 16.[/QUOTE

Yeah I love facts too. Facts are fun and exciting. Sad thing is he read that whole thread and the only reply he had was "Gholston was drafted 6th, not 4th. Just sayin'."

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a huge contribution to the thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Great call. That makes a huge difference.
    A) Stop acting like he is a fool, if you want to talk about a subject get your facts right

B) Gholston was widely considered a no brainer at the 6 spot

C) Sanu is quite the opposite, and would be a reach at the point. Ingram and Upshaw are vastly better prospects. If you are going WR, Floyd and Jeffery definitely are ahead of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you keep saying a ton of talent. who are you referring to?? Holmes is good, not great imo. Keller is decent, he has his good games and bad ones, he makes some plays but doesn't do it consistently enough. Kerley is a slot wr, he will be a nice complement to Holmes and another big WR. Turner is a waiver pick up, a #4 wr at best. S. Greene is Thomas Jones. Good running back but not a #1. Who have the Jets drafted in the past 5 years that has been a big time offensive game changer for this team? Phuck it. How about the last 10 years? Don't worry I'll wait. Maybin had 6 sacks in half a year and showed a non-stop motor so he has alot of upside imo. Westerman has talent but we still need to see more, I think he will benefit from a full training camp. Still have Pace and maybe B. Thomas. What did we draft Wilkerson for??? To stop the run?? That Giants offense really looked great against us didn't they?? E. Manning was 9-100 with int. Our offense couldn't get a first down after our initial score. Our defense gave us plenty of chances to win that game. JOKE
    WoW have you even watched the JETS?

We have 3 pro bowl OL to start. A SB MVP WR with 2 young stud prospects backing him up. Down play them all you want but they are all viable starter. A 1k RB with two mid round RBs backing him up. If Greene is Thomas Jones that is pretty great IMO. How can you say that then ask who have we drafted that is a game changer. lol Jones was a great RB for us and Greene just had his 1st year as our starter with injury. His last 6 games where all solid when we where healthy. You don't need to average 6 yards a carry to be a good RB. We have one of the best TEs in the game for that matter. Keller was a stud this year. You can't ask for a lot at FB but Connor also looks pretty good and is really young. Then a top 5 pick pick at QB entering his 4th year. That is more talent then most NFL teams out there. Our O has all the pieces to be successful we just need to make it work. Like I said one or 2 wholes and a lack of depth but we have some great starters. There really is no need to turn it upside down ATM.

Our D is our strength that is the point we need to keep it that way. Let our O develop and fill those wholes on D 1st. Don't just pray busts like Maybin and scrubs like Smith are covered up forever. Scott and Pace are both gone next year. There are a lot more pressing concerns on our D that need to be answered.

PS I am also the only one here that would agree Sanu would be a good pick at 16. I love that guy. If we take a WR in the 1st two I hope it is him.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 02-01-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    A) Stop acting like he is a fool, if you want to talk about a subject get your facts right

B) Gholston was widely considered a no brainer at the 6 spot

C) Sanu is quite the opposite, and would be a reach at the point. Ingram and Upshaw are vastly better prospects. If you are going WR, Floyd and Jeffery definitely are ahead of him.

A) Im not saying he is a fool, but don't make me look like one. I made mistake I apologize, but if that is all you have to bring to the thread is my mistake than that bothers me.

B) Didn't say he wasn't, all I was saying is that GM's and scouts have been fired for missing that big on a top 6 pick. He contributed nothing.

C) I agree with you, all of those players are considered better prospects, vastly is strong, but def better as of right now. I said i would have no problem with any of those WR's but the one I like the most other than Blackmon is Sanu. Obviously if they're that high on him they might trade back and try to get a add pick, but I don't think they will draft him at 16 unless he has a fantastic combine. I do like him a lot though, I think he would be a great fit for this team

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack;4354099]
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Yeah, who enjoys facts?

I really, really like Sanu as a player, but he'll have to be amazing at combine to be a legit candidate at 16.[/QUOTE

Yeah I love facts too. Facts are fun and exciting. Sad thing is he read that whole thread and the only reply he had was "Gholston was drafted 6th, not 4th. Just sayin'."
    Someone had to do it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    WoW have you even watched the JETS?

We have 3 pro bowl OL to start. A SB MVP WR with 2 young stud prospects backing him up. Down play them all you want but they are all viable starter. A 1k RB with two mid round RBs backing him up. If Greene is Thomas Jones that is pretty great IMO. How can you say that then ask who have we drafted that is a game changer. lol Jones was a great RB for us and Greene just had his 1st year as our starter with injury. His last 6 games where all solid when we where healthy. You don't need to average 6 yards a carry to be a good RB. We have one of the best TEs in the game for that matter. Keller was a stud this year. You can't ask for a lot at FB but Connor also looks pretty good and is really young. Then a top 5 pick pick at QB entering his 4th year. That is more talent then most NFL teams out there. Our O has all the pieces to be successful we just need to make it work. Like I said one or 2 wholes and a lack of depth but we have some great starters. There really is no need to turn it upside down ATM.

Our D is our strength that is the point we need to keep it that way. Let our O develop and fill those wholes on D 1st. Don't just pray busts like Maybin and scrubs like Smith are covered up forever. Scott and Pace are both gone next year. There are a lot more pressing concerns on our D that need to be answered.

PS I am also the only one here that would agree Sanu would be a good pick at 16. I love that guy. If we take a WR in the 1st two I hope it is him.
    Yes I have watched them. Have you?? What I said was "Who have the Jets drafted in the past 5 years that has been a big time offensive game changer for this team? Phuck it. How about the last 10 years?" By game changer or playmakers I mean either a RB or WR. Not offensive linemen. We did not draft Holmes, but after watching his play this year and the **** that he pulled do you still consider him great? Will he even be here next season? IDK I guess we'll see but I mean if he is the WR we're going to build around for the next 4-5 years then he will need a huge attitude adjustment. 2 stud prospects? you mean Kerley and Turner? Ok maybe Kerley but Turner...cmon man thats a stretch. Gronk, Graham, and Gates are studs, do you think Keller is as good as those guys. I like Greene don't get me wrong he runs hard and if he gets a hole can get you 5-10 a pop and thats solid but when teams are throwing out Jones-Drew, Foster, Peterson, Ray Rice, Shady Mccoy, C. Johnson, Forte, Mcfadden, he really doesn't compare. He doesn't have game breaking speed, he can't change a game in one run, never makes the first defender miss and can't catch the ball out of the backfield. How good is he?? But all words aside I respect your insight and you make some valid points about the defense. Lets just hope the Jets can get Sanu. I'd love to have him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;4354122]

Someone had to do it.
    Can we move on. They probably would have drafted him over Mcfadden and Dorsey. God that would have been sick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanu praise: Hes pretty much the ideal "WC" WR as far as his pass catching game goes. He's tall, lean, athletic, sudden, aggressive, and really does not waste movement or time. He's also extremely versatile and could help Sporano bs his way to victory like Schotty did with the Wildcat/pistol formations.

He's a great fit here, but 16? 16? That's tough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we move on. They probably would have drafted him over Mcfadden and Dorsey. God that would have been sick.
    Why should you open with can we move on when you follow it with such an inane thought on the subject?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Anyway I'm just saying...someone had to point it out.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanu praise: Hes pretty much the ideal "WC" WR as far as his pass catching game goes. He's tall, lean, athletic, sudden, aggressive, and really does not waste movement or time. He's also extremely versatile and could help Sporano bs his way to victory like Schotty did with the Wildcat/pistol formations.

He's a great fit here, but 16? 16? That's tough.
    Trade back and get an extra pick. We have a lot of holes to fill bro.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade back and get an extra pick. We have a lot of holes to fill bro.
    Good call bro. Trade back is the easiest thing to pull off, especially the 16 pick. Who DOESN'T want the 16 pick?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why should you open with can we move on when you follow it with such an inane thought on the subject?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Anyway I'm just saying...someone had to point it out.

What difference does it make where we picked? They picked Gholston and struck out. Who cares where they picked?? It makes no difference at this point. The only thing that anyone will remember from that draft is that Jets selected Vernon Gholston and he sucked ass. What is insane? That the Jets would have probably selected Gholston over Dorsey and Mcfadden? I don't know if you are aware of this but the Jets don't have the best track record when it comes to their drafts.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good call bro. Trade back is the easiest thing to pull off, especially the 16 pick. Who DOESN'T want the 16 pick?
    ??? Yeah the Pats don't do that every year. There are never trades in the first round. You watch the draft??? Teams trade back every year. It's not possible for the Jets to trade back? Give me a break son.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    2010 NFL DRAFT

Round one
    ^ #11: multiple trades:
    #11: Chicago → Denver (PD). Chicago traded this selection, a 2009 first-round selection (18th overall; Denver selected Robert Ayers) and a 2009 third-round selection (84th overall; traded to Pittsburgh, who selected Mike Wallace), and quarterback Kyle Orton to Denver for quarterback Jay Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round selection (140th overall, Chicago selected Johnny Knox).[source 1]
    #11: Denver → San Francisco (D). Denver traded this selection it acquired from Chicago to San Francisco for a first-round selection (13th overall; traded to Philadelphia, who selected Brandon Graham) and a fourth-round selection (113th overall; traded to New England, who selected Aaron Hernandez).[source 2]
    ^ #12: Miami → San Diego (D). Miami traded this selection, a fourth-round selection (110th overall; San Diego selected Darrell Stuckey), and a sixth-round selection it acquired from Kansas City (173rd overall; traded to San Francisco who selected Anthony Dixon) to San Diego for a first-round selection (28th overall; Miami selected Jared Odrick), a second-round selection it acquired from Seattle (40th overall; Miami selected Koa Misi), a fourth-round selection (126th overall; traded to Dallas who selected Akwasi Owusu-Ansah), and linebacker Tim Dobbins.[source 3]
    ^ #13: multiple trades:
    #13: San Francisco → Denver (D). See #11: Denver → San Francisco above.
    #13: Denver → Philadelphia (D). Denver traded this selection it acquired from San Francisco to Philadelphia for a first-round selection (24th overall; after all trades, Dallas selected Dez Bryant), a third-round selection it acquired from Seattle (70th overall; traded to Baltimore, who selected Ed Dickson), and a third-round selection (87th overall; Denver selected Eric Decker).[source 4]
    ^ #14: Denver → Seattle (PD). Denver traded this selection to Seattle for a 2009 second-round selection (37th overall; Denver selected Alphonso Smith).[source 5]
    ^ #17: Carolina → San Francisco (PD). Carolina traded this selection to San Francisco for 2009 second- (43rd overall; Carolina selected Everette Brown) and fourth-round selections (111th overall; Carolina selected Mike Goodson).[source 6]
    ^ #22: New England → Denver (D). New England traded this selection to Denver for a first-round selection (24th overall; traded to Dallas, who selected Dez Bryant) and a fourth-round selection it acquired from San Francisco (113th overall; New England selected Aaron Hernandez).[source 7]
    ^ #24: multiple trades:
    #24: Philadelphia → Denver (D). See #13: Denver → Philadelphia above.
    #24: Denver → New England (D). See #22: New England → Denver above.
    #24: New England → Dallas (D). New England traded this selection it acquired from Denver and its fourth-round selection (119th overall; traded to Miami who selected A. J. Edds) to Dallas for a first-round selection (27th overall; New England selected Devin McCourty) and a third-round selection (90th overall; New England selected Taylor Price).[source 8]
    ^ #25: Baltimore → Denver (D). Baltimore traded this selection to Denver for a second-round selection it acquired from Miami (43rd overall; Baltimore selected Sergio Kindle), a third-round selection it acquired from Philadelphia (70th overall; Baltimore selected Ed Dickson), and a fourth-round selection (114th overall; Baltimore selected Dennis Pitta).[source 9]
    ^ #27: Dallas → New England (D). See #24: New England → Dallas above.
    ^ #28: Miami → San Diego (D). See #12: Miami → San Diego above.
    ^ #30: Minnesota → Detroit (D). Minnesota traded this selection and a fourth-round selection (128th overall; Detroit selected Jason Fox) to Detroit for a second-round selection (34th overall; Minnesota selected Chris Cook), a fourth-round selection (100th overall; Minnesota selected Everson Griffen), and a seventh-round selection it acquired from Cleveland (214th overall; Minnesota selected Mickey Shuler, Jr.).[source 10]

Yep it's tough to trade picks in the First Round especially the 16th???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ??? Yeah the Pats don't do that every year. There are never trades in the first round. You watch the draft??? Teams trade back every year. It's not possible for the Jets to trade back? Give me a break son.
    The PATS have not had a great draft in a long time. 2011 Nate Solder could be OK but overall guys like Mayo, McCourty, Brandon Meriweather, and Laurence Maroney haven't made big impacts. They haven't had a good 1st produce sense 05 really. If not for Brady that is a losing team. In that same period we have had Mangold, Revis, DBrick, Keller, Sanchez, Wilson, and Wilk. Yes ok Ghost big deal no team is 100%. That is 4 possibly 6 big time players. Yes I still have some hope for Sanchez. Picking high gets you better talent if you know what you are doing. I like the fact we trade up and get some of these guys. For the most part we have stocked up for the long haul.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn snack do you need a hug or something? You're a cranky ****er.

There's no chance in hell Sanu goes in the top 25. There's 4 or 5 WRs that will be picked before him and There's not going to be 5 WRs taken in the first round this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have watched them. Have you?? What I said was "Who have the Jets drafted in the past 5 years that has been a big time offensive game changer for this team? Phuck it. How about the last 10 years?" By game changer or playmakers I mean either a RB or WR. Not offensive linemen. We did not draft Holmes, but after watching his play this year and the **** that he pulled do you still consider him great? Will he even be here next season? IDK I guess we'll see but I mean if he is the WR we're going to build around for the next 4-5 years then he will need a huge attitude adjustment. 2 stud prospects? you mean Kerley and Turner? Ok maybe Kerley but Turner...cmon man thats a stretch. Gronk, Graham, and Gates are studs, do you think Keller is as good as those guys. I like Greene don't get me wrong he runs hard and if he gets a hole can get you 5-10 a pop and thats solid but when teams are throwing out Jones-Drew, Foster, Peterson, Ray Rice, Shady Mccoy, C. Johnson, Forte, Mcfadden, he really doesn't compare. He doesn't have game breaking speed, he can't change a game in one run, never makes the first defender miss and can't catch the ball out of the backfield. How good is he?? But all words aside I respect your insight and you make some valid points about the defense. Lets just hope the Jets can get Sanu. I'd love to have him.
    We traded up for Greene and Keller and both have been above average starters for us. We took kerley last year who showed a lot this past season. We drafted mcknight who also had an excellent year and has the possibility to be a game breaking RB for us.

Not every pick is going to be Gronk, and while NE homered with that pick, they have swung and missed on a ton others.

Sanu is a fine player, but I can easily see him being available when we pick at 48.....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The PATS have not had a great draft in a long time. 2011 Nate Solder could be OK but overall guys like Mayo, McCourty, Brandon Meriweather, and Laurence Maroney haven't made big impacts. They haven't had a good 1st produce sense 05 really. If not for Brady that is a losing team. In that same period we have had Mangold, Revis, DBrick, Keller, Sanchez, Wilson, and Wilk. Yes ok Ghost big deal no team is 100%. That is 4 possibly 6 big time players. Yes I still have some hope for Sanchez. Picking high gets you better talent if you know what you are doing. I like the fact we trade up and get some of these guys. For the most part we have stocked up for the long haul.
    Yeah I wasn't saying that the Pats draft well. I was just stating that it is possible to trade back in the first if you want to. The Pats go about the draft differently than the Jets. With the Jets its usually about quality. Taking the best available player when they draft or even try to trade up to get the player that they want. For the Pats its all about the quantity. They love to trade back and stockpile draft picks and give themselves more chances to hit big on a player. For the most part the Pats have missed a lot in the last couple of drafts, but they have improved their overall team depth and that has been important to their teams success. Also, I have liked what the Jets have done the last handful of drafts, they have gotten some good players and mixed in a couple of blue chip players in Mangold and Revis. Overall team depth has been a problem bc they haven't had a lot of picks to work with the last couple of years, but that should change in this draft.