Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock off-season (A different look)

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Why would we move up to 2? the only teams in the top 10 that might want a QB IMHO will be Wash, Miami and possibly Cleveland (altough I think they'll give McCoy another year to see if he improves).
    That #2 pick is a bounty. St. Louis will not be picking then, it will be one of the above teams that you mentioned (or hopefully the jets ).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan110 View Post
    That #2 pick is a bounty. St. Louis will not be picking then, it will be one of the above teams that you mentioned (or hopefully the jets ).
    So you think one of those teams will move up when there's a decent chance he falls to them anyways? Plus P Manning might end of landing on one of those teams taking away another suitor.

Veteran
    Ideally i'd like to see Richardson fall to us, get an OT in FA, maybe S too. Then draft OLB, WR and BPAs for depth

Bart Scott's guaranteed due to last year's restructuring. Cutting him would be terrible.

Trade Brick and Keller for lower round picks to clear cap room. Both have value.

Sign Tyvon Branch

Sign Cliff Avril and Demetrius Bell and backload their deals.

Sign Henne.

Sign Braylon.

Draft OT in round 1 for RT or sign Vernon Carey like OP says.

Henne and Braylon should be cheap.

Branch should be reasonable and has the capability to be very good.

Then look at RB's and see what's out there, we need an upgrade here, but there's a little depth because McKnight is kind of an unknown and has shown flashes.

We need talent at the RB position badly. From what I understand Richardson slipping to 16 is not likely, so here to lies an issue for Tannenbaum to manipulate the cap to sign a solid RB. Or perhaps a trade could be realized for Ben Tate. Or maybe we can pry an RB from New Orleans for Brick.........I don't know. This speculation all starts next week in earnest.

I don't love what Henne or Sanchez bring to the table tools-wise and RG3 is certainly tempting to trade up for, but this team needs to give Mark at least four games next year to earn that catastrophe of a contract we got stuck with and Henne is at least on par with Orton and Campbell as far as stop-gaps go.

Looking forward, if Sanchez doesn't improve next year, then we're going to be looking for a QB and while Griffith and Luck are two amazing prospects, the absolute last thing I'd want to see would be 2013 off-season reading fellatio about how the Jets new USC QB Matt Barclay is going to save them.

If there's anything that's established at this point, it's that outside of (perhaps) Luck, the PAC-12 sucks at producing NFL QB's. And that I'd rather jab myself in the eye than read another damned USC QB next to the Jets draft position.

Look at recent history:

Outside of Rodgers you have Palmer, Leinart, Leaf, McNown, Harrington, Smith, Sanchez..........I could name more

I mean yeah you had Plunkett, Elway, and Aikman, but you are talking upwards of 20 years for alot of these guys outside of Rodgers and if you consider Sanchez good, him.

I don't think there's a lot of West Coast guys who can

A) Survive in New York---the culture is completely different.

B) Can deal with an actual winter.

C) The media scrutiny of the East Coast.

D) The pressure of intense rivalries.

So who fits the bill for the Jets? I don't know. I will say this, though:

The best QB I've seen play in Green during my lifetime was 34 years old when they signed him and was from Long Island: Vinny Testaverde.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 02-03-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Bart Scott's guaranteed due to last year's restructuring. Cutting him would be terrible.

Trade Brick and Keller for lower round picks to clear cap room. Both have value.

Sign Tyvon Branch

Sign Cliff Avril and Demetrius Bell and backload their deals.

Sign Henne.

Sign Braylon.

Draft OT in round 1 for RT or sign Vernon Carey like OP says.

Henne and Braylon should be cheap.

Branch should be reasonable and has the capability to be very good.

Then look at RB's and see what's out there, we need an upgrade here, but there's a little depth because McKnight is kind of an unknown and has shown flashes.

We need talent at the RB position badly. From what I understand Richardson slipping to 16 is not likely, so here to lies an issue for Tannenbaum to manipulate the cap to sign a solid RB. Or perhaps a trade could be realized for Ben Tate. Or maybe we can pry an RB from New Orleans for Brick.........I don't know. This speculation all starts next week in earnest.
    LOL..Glad you are not the GM of the Jets. Trade Brick for one of the roational RBs from New Orleans?? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL..Glad you are not the GM of the Jets. Trade Brick for one of the roational RBs from New Orleans?? LOL.
    If you are going to be a running football team, your entire O-line should be great run blockers before you are concerned with having great pass blockers.

Brick is not a great run blocker, in fact he's subpar.

New Orleans is a perfect fit for him and either Thomas or Ingram would be amazing for the Jets.

But only if you can upgrade your run blocking at LT. Demetrius Bell's contract should be cheaper than Brick's and he's a better run blocker and while not the pass blocker that Brick is, he's no slouch.

I have no warm spot for 280 lb. tackles..........

Hall Of Fame
    If you are going to be a running football team, your entire O-line should be great run blockers before you are concerned with having great pass blockers.

Brick is not a great run blocker, in fact he's subpar.

New Orleans is a perfect fit for him and either Thomas or Ingram would be amazing for the Jets.

But only if you can upgrade your run blocking at LT. Demetrius Bell's contract should be cheaper than Brick's and he's a better run blocker and while not the pass blocker that Brick is, he's no slouch.

I have no warm spot for 280 lb. tackles..........
    I could have sworn that Brick was the LT when the Jets led the league in rushing.

But sure, lets trade the guy for a third string RB from the Saints. Comical.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I could have sworn that Brick was the LT when the Jets led the league in rushing.

But sure, lets trade the guy for a third string RB from the Saints. Comical.
    Yeah because I meant straight up.........

You must watch the games since it's obvious that you have noticed that we suck running to the left.

I'd take Pierre Thomas or Ingram and a 4th or 5th rounder for Brick. That's a good trade. And you have no idea how good either of them are.

I'd take Ivory and a 3rd rounder.

Provided a solid OT like Demetrius Bell can be signed for cheaper than Ferguson.........Ferguson is not as good as his contract.

I can post the stats for you if you'd like........

All Pro

You must watch the games since it's obvious that you have noticed that we suck running to the left.

I'd take Pierre Thomas or Ingram and a 4th or 5th rounder for Brick. That's a good trade. And you have no idea how good either of them are.

Provided a solid OT like Demetrius Bell can be signed for cheaper than Ferguson.........Ferguson is not as good as his contract.

you're nuts.

trade an above average LT for a backup RB and a late round pick? On what planet does this make sense? Might be the dumbest idea ever on this board -- and there have been some whoppers.

There is absolutely nothing you can say to justify this moronic statement. I'm sure you will try, but keep in mind that you will most likely just keep digging the stupidity hole deeper and deeper.

Unless we get a 1st it wouldn't be worth trading DBrick IMO. We'd have to draft a replacement and it take 3 years to train those guys. I like Jonathan Martin but he is not an improvement this year over DBrick. A healthy DBrick is a pro bowl player.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Agreed we need LB's if we want to have an elite defense, and burfict might be the guy if Ingram/upshaw are taken
    Would be ok with burfict in the 3rd. People giving up way too early on Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    you're nuts.

trade an above average LT for a backup RB and a late round pick? On what planet does this make sense? Might be the dumbest idea ever on this board -- and there have been some whoppers.

There is absolutely nothing you can say to justify this moronic statement. I'm sure you will try, but keep in mind that you will most likely just keep digging the stupidity hole deeper and deeper.
    that's absolute madness. I thought I was seeing things when I read that post

Hall Of Fame

Again....glad you are not the GM for the Jets.