Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realistically, there's a very good chance Trent Richardson falls to us

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    richardson is an elite talent and a clear fan draw. ticket/uniform sales would improve. he's not falling to the jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know this will be unpopular, but if this scenario happens with Upshaw or Ingram on the board, i hope we call the browns at 22 and ask for their 2nd round pick in exchange to move up in front of the bengals to get Trich.

I don't think RB is a position you use a high pick on, and if we can get an additional 2nd round pick (especially as high as the browns will pick) and still potentially get one of the OLBs as only 1 of the teams in between us and the browns pick (chargers) is thought to be looking OLB. The titans, bengals, bears and raiders all would probably pass on a 3-4 OLB like upshaw.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    If both positions are of equal need, you normally take the elite CB over the elite RB. In Tampa, CB is arguably a bigger need than RB.
    Right there is the flaw. Claiborn looks like he will be a very good CB prospect but not elite. He is no Patrick Peterson. He has a good upside but will be pushed around in the pros. No one is looking at him to be the next Revis. Where as people do see Trent as the next AP.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i know it's fun to fantasize but it's highly unlikely that tr falls to 16. if the jets draft an offensive skill position in the first round, which i don't think is likely, they'll probably be deciding between floyd and wright if they're there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Richardson falls to 10, do you consider trading up for him?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, we have to many needs to lose picks. If TRich is at 16 I'd jump all over it but I'd def wouldn't trade up and lose our 2nd or 3rd pick that could be used on a S, OL, DL, WR or LB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no we already are ok with RB not a big enough need to throw away picks on. now Blackmon yeah