Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realistically, there's a very good chance Trent Richardson falls to us

Realistically, there's a very good chance Trent Richardson falls to us

I have been reading many mock drafts and seeing Trent Richardson taken by the Jets. That's something that I absolutely want. I think T-Rich will be a stud RB.

Alot of people believe that Trent won't be available by the time we are on the clock. I disagree with that. I looked at all the teams in front of us, and could see them all passing up on T-Rich

1) Colts - Andrew Luck
    2) Rams - Already have a stud RB and need a WR.
    3) Vikings - Adrian Peterson
    4) Browns - This is one of the possible destinations for T-Rich. But they have a plethora of needs, including WR, DL, & OL. I could even see them picking RGIII. And they haven't ruled out re-signing Hillis.
    5) Bucs - Already have Legarette Blount. They have needs on the defensive side. And with Ronde Barber getting old & Auib Talib going to jail, I could see them picking a CB
    6) Redskins - Already have a plethora of RB's. The need a QB
    7) Jaguars - MJD
    8) Dolphins - Already have Reggie Bush & Daniel Thomas. They need help on the defensive side.
    9) Panthers - Already have DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart. need help on the defensive side.
    10) Bills - They are very high on CJ Spiller. They need help on the defensive side.
    11) Chiefs - Another possible destination for T-Rich. Especially with Jamaal Charles coming back from an injury. But also have needs at OL & DL
    12) Seahawks - Only if they can't re-sign Marhsawn Lynch. But I believe they will, and will use the pick to draft a pass rusher, which they desparately need.
    13) Cardinals - Already have a solid RB in beanie Wells. Need help on the defensive side.
    14) Cowboys - Already have Demarco Murray & Felix Jones. Deperate need at secondary.
    15) Eagles - Already have Lesean Mccoy. Need help at the LB position or could draft a WR.

So basically if he makes it past those Cleveland, KC, & Seattle, he's definitely ours. There are also people that believe we have bigger needs than RB. That's true, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take T-Rich if available.

1) Safety - Our biggest need is safety. However, I think that is a position we address in free agency. This is a very weak draft class regarding safeties. And I would be very upset if we took Mark Barron with the 16th pick.

2) OLB - That's another big need of ours. However, their are other teams ahead of us that need a pass-rusher as well. Jacksonville, Miami, Carolina, Buffalo, & Seattle all need pash rushers. So all the pass-rushers could be gone by the time we are on the clock. Plus not to mention that there are going to be pass rushers available in the 2nd & 3rd round (Vinny Curry, Andre Branch, Cam Johnson. Remember, 2 of the best pass-rushers in the league (Demarcus Ware & Clay Matthews) were taken in the 2nd round.

3) WR- We need another wideout, but we don't need to draft one in the 1st round. This draft is loaded with wideout, and there are some quality ones that will be available in rounds 3-5. Plus, I could see us picking up a WR in free agency (Braylon, Meachem)

So basically, there is a very very good chance T-Rich will be there. And if he is, I'm all for drafting him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice post.

I think if Tampa passes on him (Blount is super 1 dimensional) he can definitely fall. Cleveland like you said has simply to many needs and could land RG3.

I could honestly see Seatle taking him, but hopefully they foolishly sign Lynch to a long term deal.

It also wouldnt shock me to see Cincy package their picks to try to move into the 10-15 range and take him before we get a shot.

All Pro
    It is not completey unrealistic and I posted a similar list to yours a couple of weeks ago. The problem though is that he just is a big time talent and one team just will see him too good to pass up. But it would certainly be awesome if he would fall to us...

All Pro
    If Trent Richardson is on the board at 16,i would trip over the stiffy in my pants running the card up to the podium.Furthermore,i would expect Mark Sanchez to trip over his picking up the card and getting it to the commish.

1) Colts - Andrew Luck

Agree he is not going 1

If by stud you mean high paid aging RB yeah Jackson is going to be 29 and has struggled with injuries for a few years now. Sure maybe not a 2 but if they do trade back It is not unheard of.

Torn left ACL, MCL will he even be back this year? If he is you really expect him to be half the back he was? To be fare I do like Gerhart. I could actually see this as a possibility.

4) Browns - This is one of the possible destinations for T-Rich. But they have a plethora of needs, including WR, DL, & OL. I could even see them picking RGIII. And they haven't ruled out re-signing Hillis.

Very likely spot
    5) Bucs - Already have Legarette Blount. They have needs on the defensive side. And with Ronde Barber getting old & Auib Talib going to jail, I could see them picking a CB

lol Blount yeah and we have Greene what is your point. Blount is not a reason to pass on a stud RB. Makes me think of all the people that said Minni should pass on AP because they had Chester.

What? Helu is nothing special and other then Evan Royster there is no one else. Hightower and Torian are already off the team and Tristan Davis will not be on the team. RB is a huge need for Washington. If they sign a FA QB very much this is in play.

7) Jaguars - MJD

OK not likely they have much bigger needs all over.

8) Dolphins - Already have Reggie Bush & Daniel Thomas. They need help on the defensive side.

Agree they aren't going RB.

9) Panthers - Already have DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart. need help on the defensive side.

DWill is done and Stewart is hot garbage. Possible

10) Bills - They are very high on CJ Spiller. They need help on the defensive side.

Agreed but this is the Bills they love 1st round RBs

11) Chiefs - Another possible destination for T-Rich. Especially with Jamaal Charles coming back from an injury. But also have needs at OL & DL

So AP coming back from his injury is out but a Younger Charles with a less serious injury is possible. hmm.

12) Seahawks - Only if they can't re-sign Marhsawn Lynch. But I believe they will, and will use the pick to draft a pass rusher, which they desparately need.

They can't they spent too much on Washington. I dont think Lynch or Forsett will want to return. I think Lynch ends up on a winning team. GB perhaps. If he is there should be a no brainer.

13) Cardinals - Already have a solid RB in beanie Wells. Need help on the defensive side.

Agreed but Wiz is an idiot. Just saying

14) Cowboys - Already have Demarco Murray & Felix Jones. Deperate need at secondary.

All they have is Demarco Murray & Felix Jones. They could use a guy like Trent. Their run game was about explosive as our last year.

15) Eagles - Already have Lesean Mccoy. Need help at the LB position or could draft a WR.

They dont use guys like Trent.

Looking at this it seems very unlikely he falls down to us at all. thanks
    Last edited by Dreamers; 02-02-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Richardson falling to #16 is my dream scenario. Still holding out hope that it happens. I honestly couldn't think of a better pick for us in the 1st round.

You wanna play ground and pound? You wanna control the clock? You wanna take pressure off Sanchez? Well, what better way than to pick up the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson?

I still say that TRich is the closest thing to Earl Campbell that I've seen.

No way in a hazed induced dream will he fall to 16. If he is available at 10 teams will trade up if not sooner

Hmmmm prospects fall all the time. For the craziest of reasons. Maybe a run on QBs. Maybe OL/DEs.

Luck, Griffin, DeCastro, Blackmon, Ingram, Upshaw, Kalil, Reiff, Martin, Still, Kechley

Those are 11 players who have been said will never make it to the Jets. All it takes is 4 other ones to leap up via combine, desperation, etc. and all of sudden Trent Richardson if available. I see this every year, somehow no one will make it to the Jets, as if somehow Goodell will conspire to screw us and allow teams to jump in line and draft before us.

The two-first round pick Bengals have issues with this thread.

Hall Of Fame
    It's not going to happen. TRich is way to talented to make it out of the top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    It's not going to happen. TRich is way to talented to make it out of the top ten.
    Cam Jordan was a lock to be in the top 15, top 10 for some people. Kyle Wilson was a top 20 pick on most boards. Teams do odd things, reach for players, or just see things differently.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Cam Jordan was a lock to be in the top 15, top 10 for some people. Kyle Wilson was a top 20 pick on most boards. Teams do odd things, reach for players, or just see things differently.
    TRich is one of the best RB prospects to come out in a while. He's not dropping to 16.

Most of those teams you mentioned have much bigger needs than RB.

Tampa Bay would be foolish to use their pick on T-Rich, as they have much bigger needs. They would be wise to draft Marcus Clairborne. It would be the most logical choice.

Not sure if he actually makes it, but I agree that he would be the ideal pick for this team. They need a playmaker on offense really badly, and an elite RB prospect is a fairly sure way to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I have been reading many mock drafts and seeing Trent Richardson taken by the Jets. That's something that I absolutely want. I think T-Rich will be a stud RB.

Alot of people believe that Trent won't be available by the time we are on the clock. I disagree with that. I looked at all the teams in front of us, and could see them all passing up on T-Rich

1) Colts - Andrew Luck
    7) Jaguars - MJD

So basically if he makes it past those Cleveland, KC, & Seattle, he's definitely ours. There are also people that believe we have bigger needs than RB. That's true, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take T-Rich if available.

1) Safety - Our biggest need is safety. However, I think that is a position we address in free agency. This is a very weak draft class regarding safeties. And I would be very upset if we took Mark Barron with the 16th pick.

2) OLB - That's another big need of ours. However, their are other teams ahead of us that need a pass-rusher as well. Jacksonville, Miami, Carolina, Buffalo, & Seattle all need pash rushers. So all the pass-rushers could be gone by the time we are on the clock. Plus not to mention that there are going to be pass rushers available in the 2nd & 3rd round (Vinny Curry, Andre Branch, Cam Johnson. Remember, 2 of the best pass-rushers in the league (Demarcus Ware & Clay Matthews) were taken in the 2nd round.

3) WR- We need another wideout, but we don't need to draft one in the 1st round. This draft is loaded with wideout, and there are some quality ones that will be available in rounds 3-5. Plus, I could see us picking up a WR in free agency (Braylon, Meachem)

So basically, there is a very very good chance T-Rich will be there. And if he is, I'm all for drafting him.
    I agree we should take him particularly with Sporano now as OC. But we will have to trade up because there will be easily 2-3 trade-up offers for this guy starting with draft position 8 or so. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Richardson falling to #16 is my dream scenario. Still holding out hope that it happens. I honestly couldn't think of a better pick for us in the 1st round.

You wanna play ground and pound? You wanna control the clock? You wanna take pressure off Sanchez? Well, what better way than to pick up the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson?

I still say that TRich is the closest thing to Earl Campbell that I've seen.
    This would be beyond my wildest dreams to have T-Rich in green and white

Veteran
    http://tbbuzz.com/2012/01/%E2%80%9C9...nt-richardson/

Woody Cummings of the Tampa Tribune claims to be 90% certain the Bucs wil select Trent Richardson at #5.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    http://tbbuzz.com/2012/01/%E2%80%9C9...nt-richardson/

Woody Cummings of the Tampa Tribune claims to be 90% certain the Bucs wil select Trent Richardson at #5.
    TB is really just him or Morris Claiborn. If Cleveland passes TB will have to make a hard choice. I think Chilly will be hard campaigning for Trent. http://www.nationalfootballauthority...childress.html

While I don't think it's completely unrealistic, I think there's a lot to be said for draft hype. Richardson is going to be a "riser" extraordinaire, because his pedigree and stats dictate it. In the run up to the draft the analysts are going to build him up to be better than AP, and some team with more glaring needs from 1-15 is going to bypass their needs and take Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    TB is really just him or Morris Claiborn. If Cleveland passes TB will have to make a hard choice. I think Chilly will be hard campaigning for Trent. http://www.nationalfootballauthority...childress.html
    If both positions are of equal need, you normally take the elite CB over the elite RB. In Tampa, CB is arguably a bigger need than RB.