Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cashman Pays Off Woman with $6000, Then She is Arrested for Stalking

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cashman Pays Off Woman with $6000, Then She is Arrested for Stalking

Why did he deposit the money into her account (allegedly)? There is more to this story I would guess. What is your take, Brother Green?

A Manhattan woman was charged Thursday with stalking Yankees general manager Brian Cashman after she threatened him and demanded he pay for an unspecified medical procedure, authorities said.

Louise Neathway, 35, was arraigned last night in Manhattan Criminal Court on multiple counts including grand larceny, stalking, and aggravated harassment, officials in the Manhattan district attorney's office said.

In addition, The New York Times reported last night that a judge granted Cashman, his wife and their two children an order of protection against Neathway.

She was ordered held on $300,000 bond.

Neathway is accused of threatening Cashman if he did not provide money for the medical procedure. According to court records, she demanded other support or else she would contact the press and Cashman's family and make claims that would subject the Yankee official to "ridicule and damage his personal relationships and professional reputation."

Cashman, according to the court papers, deposited $6,000 into her bank account last month, in response to the demands that began around the fall of 2011 that he pay for a procedure costing more than $15,000.

Attorney Stephen G. McCarthy, one of two lawyers representing Neathway at the hearing Thursday night, said afterward that Neathway has denied any wrongdoing and that only half of the story has been told.

"The Manhattan district attorney's office bought his account of how this happened, hook, line and sinker," said McCarthy, who is representing Neathway along with attorney Alan Abramson.

Abramson said that "this was a case of a married man who took advantage of a single mom." Yankees officials declined to comment on the case.

Through spokesman Chris Giglio, Cashman said only that he is "very grateful that this matter is in the hands of law enforcement."

Neathway sometimes called and texted Cashman more than 10 times a night and threatened to harm someone he knew, prosecutors said.

A British native who also goes by Louise Meanwell, Neathway is still on probation stemming from a 2008 trespassing conviction in a New Jersey case that involved allegations of stalking and sending someone as many as 200 text messages in a weekend, and she has an open 2010 Manhattan harassment case, Assistant District Attorney Eric Iverson said.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...hman-1.3500839

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Why did he deposit the money into her account (allegedly)? There is more to this story I would guess. What is your take, Brother Green?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...hman-1.3500839
    It was part of the FBI sting.

EDIT: After reading up on this a little bit... a Letterman like scenario seems very unlikely.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-03-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're reaching, Brother Ernie. It's becoming very sad.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You're reaching, Brother Ernie. It's becoming very sad.
    Reaching for what, Brother Potato?

Would be interested in Brother Usedtobeacop's take on the investigation.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we all know what happened here.

I think we all knew who would post it here first, too.

Any port in a storm/Glenn Close/ Doah!/Crap, gotta call the poleez

I'm thinkin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Let Ernie smoke!

Glenn Close FTW!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know if Brian had anything to do with the media gettting hold of this story, but if he did he could not have planned it any better. The media is so preoccupied with the Super Bowl this story will not get nearly as much media attention as it would have otherwise. Imagine if this story came out just two weeks later. Anything big scheduled to occur in the sports world then? The media would have fed on this like the Tiger Woods scandal.

Good timing Brian (if he or his people - P.R./lawyers - had anything to do with it). Good timing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    I do not know if Brian had anything to do with the media gettting hold of this story, but if he did he could not have planned it any better. The media is so preoccupied with the Super Bowl this story will not get nearly as much media attention as it would have otherwise. Imagine if this story came out just two weeks later. Anything big scheduled to occur in the sports world then? The media would have fed on this like the Tiger Woods scandal.

Good timing Brian (if he or his people - P.R./lawyers - had anything to do with it). Good timing.
    The DA's office and the cawps would also have to have been in on this. Don't be surprised though if this story has legs.

Cashman doesn't look like a ladies man, for what it is worth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    The DA's office and the cawps would also have to have been in on this. Don't be surprised though if this story has legs.
    It will have legs if you have anything to do with it.

Are you surprised that a highly regarded, successful executive might have influence with the Manhattan D.A.'s office and the P.C.?

Perhaps the timing of the arrest was pre-planned...perhaps not. Its tough to say... in a fluid, ongoing investigation when the most opportune time is to pull the trigger, it can be entirely subjective, dependant upon the whims of the D.A., especially if it is potentially high profile.

The fact remains, a crime was committed, an arrest was made.

She will have to answer to the Judge. He will have to answer to his wife.

I'd rather be her.

-

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    It will have legs if you have anything to do with it.

Are you surprised that a highly regarded, successful executive might have influence with the Manhattan D.A.'s office and the P.C.?

Perhaps the timing of the arrest was pre-planned...perhaps not. Its tough to say... in a fluid, ongoing investigation when the most opportune time is to pull the trigger, it can be entirely subjective, dependant upon the whims of the D.A., especially if it is potentially high profile.

The fact remains, a crime was committed, an arrest was made.

She will have to answer to the Judge. He will have to answer to his wife.

I'd rather be her.

-
    Maybe he threw the DA and the Cawps a couple of Derek Jeter baseballs from Derek's whore swag bag.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he threw the DA and the Cawps a couple of Derek Jeter baseballs from Derek's whore swag bag.
    Brother Ernie, that is beneath even you.

You sound bitter.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post

You think the most famous athlete on the planet getting his clock cleaned by his wife with a golf club on Thanksgiving is comparable to whatever is going on here with the Yankees GM?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cashes wife filing for divorce...link in todays NY post...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess this story will have some legs. Why give her seats in the players family section? Poor judgement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    A NY baseball GM that cheats on his wife???

I guess that could only happen to the Yankees!

Or... ummmm... maybe not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still better than being involved in Ponzi schemes.

I know he is not the owner, just saying.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shocking! Actually, I am a bit surprised that the wife bailed so soon. I wonder if she knew for a while, and held it together until they arrested the *****, or if Brian had to fess up and she split right after. Also curious why someone extorting the GM of the Yankees only asks for $6K.

Not that any of this has any relevance baseball-wise.
    Last edited by xxaaaxx; 02-04-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx View Post
    Shocking! Actually, I am a bit surprised that the wife bailed so soon. I wonder if she knew for a while, and held it together until they arrested the *****, or if Brian had to fess up and she split right after. Also curious why someone extorting the GM of the Yankees only asks for $6K.

Not that any of this has any relevance baseball-wise.
    Perhaps this all explains why the Yankees were so quiet on the free agent front this winter. Was the GM distracted?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps this all explains why the Yankees were so quiet on the free agent front this winter. Was the GM distracted?
    Troll much? The pitching staff is deeper, as is the farm system, including a trade for a young power pitcher, and signing of a veteran pro pitcher in kurado...re signing cc and etc...we can get our pick of a DH....All this while getting some strange(and I mean strange on the side)

How 'bout the Mets? At least you shed some payroll, by letting Jose walk...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    A NY baseball GM that cheats on his wife???

I guess that could only happen to the Yankees!

Or... ummmm... maybe not.

The ironicles were strong on this one.

THey did quite well for themselves in the trade dept., Ernesto.

If Cashman pulled that off being distracted, ALderson must be all-consumed with his belt tightening because the Mets have done cawk all but move the fences in to accomodate their lack of power hitting.

Perhaps they should move the Dodger Field mound in a few inches as well.

-