Thread: Is it crazy to think Weeden in the 2nd?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it crazy to think Weeden in the 2nd?

crazy scenario. jets get a RT in the first round. draft weeden in 2nd. trade sanchez to seahawks for maybe a 3rd rounder, where carroll takes him back. jets commit to weeden for next 7-8 yrs. if the guy plays into his mid 30s and is good, they did it right. thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking Weeden in the 2nd is a possibility regardless if they trade Sanchez or not. At least you get a legit backup and if Sanchez is determined to have reached his ceiling they could give Weeden a crack at the starting spot.

He seems to be getting great reviews so far, and I could see him rising to the top half of the 2nd round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I have been thinking Weeden in the 2nd is a possibility regardless if they trade Sanchez or not. At least you get a legit backup and if Sanchez is determined to have reached his ceiling they could give Weeden a crack at the starting spot.

He seems to be getting great reviews so far, and I could see him rising to the top half of the 2nd round.
    if they draft weeden in the 2nd it pays to start him right away. you don't draft a qb in the 2nd round to be a career backup and if you sit him for a yr or two he's 30 when he starts and first needs real nfl experience. the team that takes him high should throw him in there and hope he catches on quickly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only guy I would dump Sanchez for that this time is Manning. That's it. I would not take Wheedon anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im amazed how quickly people forget how good sanchez was in the playoffs last year. 0 ints in the Colts or Pats game. 3 tds on the road, in the cold in NE. Led a comeback (although he did fumble, which while not his fault on that play, is one of the things he struggles with) on the road against an excellent defense, that happened to fall short. And now we are gonna trade him for a 3rd round pick and replace him with Brandon Weeden....just think about that for a second.

A thread about drafting weeded as a backup would be reasonable as thats not a bad move. Too many injuries to go into another season without a legit backup, but everyone needs to stop with the dump sanchez stuff, the kid deserves time.

Imagine if the Giants dumped Eli after his awful 3rd year and watched him become what he is now with another team. If that happened with sanchez, half the negativity on this board would bring down the internet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes way too high Weeden is too old to be going in the 1st 3 rounds.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Im amazed how quickly people forget how good sanchez was in the playoffs last year. 0 ints in the Colts or Pats game. 3 tds on the road, in the cold in NE. Led a comeback (although he did fumble, which while not his fault on that play, is one of the things he struggles with) on the road against an excellent defense, that happened to fall short. And now we are gonna trade him for a 3rd round pick and replace him with Brandon Weeden....just think about that for a second.

A thread about drafting weeded as a backup would be reasonable as thats not a bad move. Too many injuries to go into another season without a legit backup, but everyone needs to stop with the dump sanchez stuff, the kid deserves time.

Imagine if the Giants dumped Eli after his awful 3rd year and watched him become what he is now with another team. If that happened with sanchez, half the negativity on this board would bring down the internet.
    +1000

say no to weed