Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" I'm Not Watching the SB Thread

The "Official" I'm Not Watching the SB Thread

This thread for all those who can't stomach watching the SB and will be doing something else...please post here.

I'll start

DVR episodes of Chopped from the Food Network.

I'm planning on going out to dinner when the Super Bowl starts.

Other ideas are going to the movies, basically doing anything that doesn't involve watching TV.

I'd even rather listen to Madonna for 4 hours straight than see the Giants and Pats play each other again in the Super Bowl.

I'm glad I'm not in school anymore so I don't have to be surrounded by dumb bandwagoners with Eli jerseys.

You're all going to watch

All League
    Haha. Yeah, you're not going to watch the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

It could be Pol Pot v Stalin in the last meaningful football game in 8 months and I'd still watch.

I swear to Tebow I will not be watching.

I will say that I am NOT watching the superbowl.

I can't do it. I still remember what if felt like the last two years to go to the AFC Championship game and also to fall short of the ultimate goal.

It would just be too painful.

I'll probably just watch a movie, watch some highlights of the jets win over the chargers and pats in 09 and 10

AND crack open a beer and toast to the fact that SCHOTTY IS GONE!

That is the one consolation we can all take right now.

If a Pats or Giants fan said the same thing if/when the Jets were in the Super Bowl you'd be telling then they sound like a weenie! Man up and watch the game!!! These 2 teams played their way in unlike the other 30 teams.

The comparison is incorrect. I love the Yankees...if the mets and red sox were playing again in the WS I'd watch every minute.

Since 1970, the year I was born, the four teams I hate the most (giants, AFC east) have now appeared in 21 Super Bowls...Jets (hold on gona do the math...carry the 9, times 7, minus 4)........equals 0.

I just hope they can figure out how to make a good entree from pig nuts and cotton candy.

[QUOTE=fivewide;4357367]This thread for all those who can't stomach watching the SB and will be doing something else...please post here.

I'll start

DVR episodes of Chopped from the Food Network.[/QUOTE]

Please come back on here Monday morning and give us the [U]honest [/U][U]answer[/U] on whether you watched a single play of the game...how can you "talk about the commercials" around the water cooler while at work the next morning?!!

[QUOTE=gcherd;4357420]Please come back on here Monday morning and give us the [U]honest [/U][U]answer[/U] on whether you watched a single play of the game.[/QUOTE]

Will do.

All League
    [QUOTE=fivewide;4357413]The comparison is incorrect. I love the Yankees...if the mets and red sox were playing again in the WS I'd watch every minute.[/QUOTE]Hey, at least you have the Yankees. Some of us are Mets and Knicks fans as well.

[QUOTE=Sanchise;4357380]You're all going to watch[/QUOTE]

Nope.

In the City for some City fun Sunday, no Super Bowl here. Why bother, there is no outcome I'd enjoy (barring Alien Invasion, of course).

And the comercials....usually bad and overrated crap tbh.

Na, rather go into the City (DC) instead.

they game will be on but I plan not to pay attention that much

As much as I do not want to watch, if I know that my miserable self will in turn make my family miserable, who do not deserve that. So I decided the best thing is to do is go to a party and watch with some good friends that I don't get to see that often. They are all Giants fans, and if I act like an ass they'll be all over me. So if I go there for a half, stay cool, eat the half time spread, and get out of there before Madonna, using the old "its a school night for my son" excuse, I ought to be able to keep my sh*t under control.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I don't like either team but this is going to be a great game, I'm exited for it. I root for the Jets but I'm a fan of the game too

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4357453]I don't like either team but this is going to be a great game, I'm exited for it. I root for the Jets but I'm a fan of the game too[/QUOTE]

Wow!

I take it you are in politics or an attorney.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4357453]I don't like either team but this is going to be a great game, I'm exited for it. I root for the Jets but I'm a fan of the game too[/QUOTE]

I'm excited as well. This should be a great game. I love football, and sports in general, not just the Jets.

[QUOTE=fivewide;4357465]Wow!

I take it you are in politics or an attorney.[/QUOTE]

"I won't watch the Super Bowl because the Jets aren't playing." is a far more outrageous statement than:

"I'm going to watch the Super Bowl because I think it will be a great game and I like football."

There are many people that love football independently from their favorite team. The Jets aren't involved in 90% of the football games that I watch.

All League
    I don't wanna watch...but I am, and I am betting on the Pats.

Let's go ****ing PATS

****ing A, did I really just say that? ****

Hall Of Fame
    I'm def watching it, if you're a fan of the NFL there's not reason not to.

I'll be pulling for the Giants just cause it will piss off the Fin fans more then the Pats winning.