Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danny Woodcock

To suggest that Woodhead is as good of a kick returner as McKnight is incredibly arrogant and wrong.

And there is no way that Woodhead pulls off a block like McKnight did on the punt. That was unbelievable stuff.

Also important to note that Danny Woodhead is over a full 3 years older than McKnight.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 02-06-2012 at 02:22 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4360962]Translation: The NY Jets pulled a Dan Snyder in the quest to get "over the top"? Dump the reliable locker room veteran team-first guys and lunchbox guys for names and bad attitude, higher talent, higher risk types?

I can agree with that to some degree.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I would say they pulled a Dan Snyder.

For one thing, this season's meltdown notwithstanding, the results have been a lot better than Synder's Redskins.

But I do think they've sacrificed leadership for risky talent a few times too many.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4361028]Except we know that McKnight was favored by Rex, Shotty and the FO over Woodhead.[/QUOTE]
    Well we do know the Jets invested a draft pick on McKnight and traded away fan favorite Leon W to pick him. Knowing that would you say that favoritism was merited by what they could do on the field or other business factors?

[QUOTE]The All-Pro voters disagree with you.[/QUOTE]
    Plug in Woodhead in the Jets/Westhoff kick return system and you may have had a different result by the voters as evidenced by many votes for Justin Miller, Leon Washington, Brad Smith and Mcknight (although he got less then the others).