Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danny Woodcock

To suggest that Woodhead is as good of a kick returner as McKnight is incredibly arrogant and wrong.

And there is no way that Woodhead pulls off a block like McKnight did on the punt. That was unbelievable stuff.

Also important to note that Danny Woodhead is over a full 3 years older than McKnight.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 02-06-2012 at 02:22 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Translation: The NY Jets pulled a Dan Snyder in the quest to get "over the top"? Dump the reliable locker room veteran team-first guys and lunchbox guys for names and bad attitude, higher talent, higher risk types?

I can agree with that to some degree.
    I'm not sure I would say they pulled a Dan Snyder.

For one thing, this season's meltdown notwithstanding, the results have been a lot better than Synder's Redskins.

But I do think they've sacrificed leadership for risky talent a few times too many.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Except we know that McKnight was favored by Rex, Shotty and the FO over Woodhead.
    Well we do know the Jets invested a draft pick on McKnight and traded away fan favorite Leon W to pick him. Knowing that would you say that favoritism was merited by what they could do on the field or other business factors?

The All-Pro voters disagree with you.
    Plug in Woodhead in the Jets/Westhoff kick return system and you may have had a different result by the voters as evidenced by many votes for Justin Miller, Leon Washington, Brad Smith and Mcknight (although he got less then the others).