Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady is a CHOKE artist

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Wiggy;4359786]A Welker catch on 3rd down and the game could have been completely different....Brady could of made a better throw though.[/QUOTE]

He's gotta make that catch. I can't quite place it, but I seem to remember at least one other big drop by welker.

All League
    They just haven't been the same team since Parcel's defense all retired

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4359491]You just cannot overstate it. Since his D went south, the guy has won nothing and has just played horribly in the playoffs[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree, slightly. What role did Spygate play in his 3 Superbowl victories. Once again, as has been proven now for the past few years since Spygate development, Pats have lost in the playoffs or Superbowl. That fact cannot be swept under the rug.

Pre Sygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0

IMO Brady played awful this game. His throws were constantly off the mark and the WR's had to really adjust to his throws.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4359733]+1

Had to challenge it there. The Giants were heading up to run a play or spike it.[/QUOTE]

Why??? By the time he challenged it was obvious that it was a completion and someone should have told Bellichik that. It was a waster of a timeout

Nothing has changed with Brady.

He played a bunch of average playoff games early in his career. The defense has changed. He played better tonight than he did in many of his early playoff wins.

Most of the time, he needs to be near perfect in order for the Patriots to win. Because he's capable of that 12 times each year, people have started to believe that you can actually build a champion by placing that much responsibility on one player's shoulders.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4359994]IMO Brady played awful this game. His throws were constantly off the mark and the WR's had to really adjust to his throws.[/QUOTE]

There were throws to be made and Brady just did not hit them. He won't sleep well tonight... that makes me smile

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4360021]There were throws to be made and Brady just did not hit them. He won't sleep well tonight... that makes me smile[/QUOTE]

Pressure Tammy and he wilts like a flower. That was very clear and the Patsies first drive of the game with the safety. That play should not be underestimated as it was the difference between needing a TD or a FG to win the game.

PreSpygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4360033]Pressure Tammy and he wilts like a flower. That was very clear and the Patsies first drive of the game with the safety. That play should not be underestimated as it was the difference between needing a TD or a FG to win the game.

PreSpygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0[/QUOTE]

I agree on that first drive, that was just a throw that never should have been made. He had time to throw, when pressured he should have thrown it at the feet of a receiver. That was a mistake we'd expect Sanchez to make, not Brady. I think this was a terrible game for Brady. He just did not make plays when he could have

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4360037]I agree on that first drive, that was just a throw that never should have been made. He had time to throw, when pressured he should have thrown it at the feet of a receiver. That was a mistake we'd expect Sanchez to make, not Brady. I think this was a terrible game for Brady. He just did not make plays when he could have[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The formula for beating Tammy is smack the bytch in the mouth. Throughout the game, especially in the 4th Quarter, Tammy had happy feet syndrome. Those hits added up and he was feeling the pressure.

What happened to that expolosive offense? 17 points against the NYG and 23 against the Ravens. See the common denominator -- strong defenses able to pressure the QB. He is not the same QB and certainly not as clutch either.

Now can we end the stupid talk that he is the best ever -- far from it. He is now 3-2 in Superbowls and 0-2 after Spygate. I certainly would put Montana before Tammy. Now that i think about it, also Bradshaw and Aikman. None of those QBs lost the big game.

Pre Sygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4360056]Agreed. The formula for beating Tammy is smack the bytch in the mouth. Throughout the game, especially in the 4th Quarter, Tammy had happy feet syndrome. Those hits added up and he was feeling the pressure.

What happened to that expolosive offense? 17 points against the NYG and 23 against the Ravens. See the common denominator -- strong defenses able to pressure the QB. He is not the same QB and certainly not as clutch either.

Now can we end the stupid talk that he is the best ever -- far from it. He is now 3-2 in Superbowls and 0-2 after Spygate. I certainly would put Montana before Tammy. Now that i think about it, also Bradshaw and Aikman. None of those QBs lost the big game.

Pre Sygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0[/QUOTE]

Bradshaw and Aikmen? Come on dude, I hate Brady, but those guys were along for the ride on great teams. They posted Aikmen's numbers against Romo's in a game this season, it's somewhat comical. Romo did not get to play before free agency with a great coach.

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4360059]Bradshaw and Aikmen? Come on dude, I hate Brady, but those guys were along for the ride on great teams. They posted Aikmen's numbers against Romo's in a game this season, it's somewhat comical. Romo did not get to play before free agency with a great coach.[/QUOTE]

We are often told that Greatness is measured in championships. If that is true, Bradshaw and Aikman have better Superbowl numbers than Tammy. Add in Spygate scandal and those NE trophies come more into questione each day. Nothing that happened tonight has changed that fact. It has only intensified the discussion.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4360062]We are often told that Greatness is measured in championships. If that is true, Bradshaw and Aikman have better Superbowl numbers than Tammy. Add in Spygate scandal and those NE trophies come more into questione each day. Nothing that happened tonight has changed that fact. It has only intensified the discussion.

I agree that Brady and Belicheck don't look as smart as they used to. Maybe it was the Spygate thing after all

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4360072]I agree that Brady and Belicheck don't look as smart as they used to. Maybe it was the Spygate thing after all[/QUOTE]

You think? That is the point I am trying to convey pal. Those previous achievements are tarnished, and the League sanctioned coverup will always hide the truth from the public. But our eyes don't lie! Whatever advantage NE gained, large or small, had an impact a could've been the deciding factors in those 3 point wins against St. Louis, Carolina and Philly.

The Patriots used to be a more talented team than they are now.

I think Belichick coached his ass off all year long on the defensive side of the ball. That defense sucks and they only gave up 21 points to a very good offense, without their best pass rusher and with a bunch of practice squad defensive backs.

To me, Belichick is still the standard as far as coaches go.

But he absolutely needs to surrender control as GM. Their roster just isn't very good. I know that, like Parcells, Belichick wants to shop for the groceries but, like Parcells, he's not good at it.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4360007]Nothing has changed with Brady.

He played a bunch of average playoff games early in his career. The defense has changed. He played better tonight than he did in many of his early playoff wins.

Most of the time, he needs to be near perfect in order for the Patriots to win. Because he's capable of that 12 times each year, people have started to believe that you can actually build a champion by placing that much responsibility on one player's shoulders.[/QUOTE]

+1

No matter how much emphasis is placed on the QB position these days, football still remains the ultimate team sport.

I really thought they were playing with fire in the AFCCG. Fortunately for them then, Evans drops the pass in the end zone and Cundiff misses a routine FG. Sooner or later, you know it'd bite them in the ass when Brady doesn't have his A game. He had a B game last night, probably good enough to beat half the teams in the league, but that is not gonna cut it for them in the Super Bowl.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4360074]

This is a fact, we both agree. Having said that I'd hope that you are far too smart to wrap that as an end all be all.

For example if Gronk catches the Hail Mary and the end of the game...does that somehow restore their "honor" in your view? Your venom would've simply taken on a different flavor so to speak.

That was a terrible throw by Brady to Welker. On the wrong shoulder and too high. If that is an accurate throw online Welker runs in for a TD :yes:

How is Brady a choke artist? Did no one see the 4th and 16 he converted on the last drive?

[QUOTE=JB1089;4359544]He didn't have a choice. You HAVE to challenge that.[/QUOTE]

Plus, it was a 90 second timeout after a huge play. Smart challenge by Belichick.