Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to embrace being the little brother.

Time to embrace being the little brother.

It's pure fact at this point. While it sucks, I'm sort of okay with going back under the radar, back in the shadows. Will make the triumph that much sweeter.

:disgust:

we will alwasy be the little brother.

Jets Insider VIP
    It won't be too hard...we were never the big brother to begin with

Woody you want to be relevant again? GO GET PEYTON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guys, we were the little brother before this game. just cause rex said we weren't this year doesn't make it true. even before this win they still had more hardware than us, it's not like this one tipped the scales...

The point of this thread is to stop trying to change the perception, take back NY, blah blah blah. Forget it, embrace the hate.

Might as well use it as motivation. We're the red-headed stepchild of NY, might as well play with more of a chip on our shoulder.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsman51;4359636]The point of this thread is to stop trying to change the perception, take back NY, blah blah blah. Forget it, embrace the hate.

Might as well use it as motivation. We're the red-headed stepchild of NY, might as well play with more of a chip on our shoulder.[/QUOTE]

I think that happened the first two seasons under Rex. They played with a desire to prove everyone wrong. This past season it looked as if they played as they were entitled to win.

They need to get that passion back and that all starts at the top!

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

[QUOTE=djaparz;4359648]I think that happened the first two seasons under Rex. They played with a desire to prove everyone wrong. This past season it looked as if they played as they were entitled to win.

They need to get that passion back and that all starts at the top![/QUOTE]

So very true. I hope that everyone in the Jets organization realizes this.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;4359628]guys, we were the little brother before this game. just cause rex said we weren't this year doesn't make it true. even before this win they still had more hardware than us, it's not like this one tipped the scales...[/QUOTE]

REX has simply got to shut up. Be classy like Coughlin and win SBs. NYC is Giants territory and always will be. We do not win enough to justify being considered much. Its disgusting but that is the way it is. WOODY JOHNSON should learn to run the team as he does Johnson & Johnson.

Eli Manning is a litte brother. Big brother can be pushed into the shadows quickly.

We will always be the little brother. Embrace being the underdog, being the team that no one believes in and sneaking up on people. That's why this 8-8 year will help. We are now the underdogs again. Nobody will believe in us. And Rex has seemed to learn his lessons.

I'm fine with it.....the only success I've ever seen the jets have in my life was when NOBODY gave em a shot......helll, our only Super Bowl win was when we were 18 point underdogs

When we finally get ours in will be that much sweeter......congrats to the giants, hopefully their fans won't be such pricks, but I loved seeing the pats lose

Hall Of Fame
    Yes.

There is no point in trying to "take back NY".

NY belongs to the Giants, just like it belongs to the Yankees.

I don't care who "owns" the town. I just want a SB before I die.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4359672]REX has simply got to shut up. Be classy like Coughlin and win SBs. NYC is Giants territory and always will be. We do not win enough to justify being considered much. Its disgusting but that is the way it is. WOODY JOHNSON should learn to run the team as he does Johnson & Johnson.[/QUOTE]

when o when will the idiocy ever end

Woody Johnson doesn't run J&J - now or ever

the Giants have their share of loudmouths - every team does

winning doesn't make you classy - did it confer class on BB?

answering my own query not until the Jets win again and even then I'm
    not confident of that given what I read here daily

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4359760]Yes.

I don't care who "owns" the town. I just want a SB before I die.[/QUOTE]

+1. The Giants can keep NY and their fans, I just want a Lombardi trophy.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4359760]Yes.

I don't care who "owns" the town. I just want a SB before I die.[/QUOTE]

Just on legacy, the Jets will never "take" NY away from the Giants.

So stop trying. They need to build their own legacy and stop worrying about "media attention" and "spotlight" and put together a winning program and do their own thing.

You just realized this now?

Being the underdog/"little brother" should be nothing new to Jets fans. A Super Bowl win will make it all irrelevant.
    Last edited by boxman; 02-06-2012 at 01:06 PM.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4359672]REX has simply got to shut up. Be classy like Coughlin and win SBs. NYC is Giants territory and always will be. We do not win enough to justify being considered much. Its disgusting but that is the way it is. WOODY JOHNSON should learn to run the team as he does Johnson & Johnson.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Woody does not have any part in the management of J & J and never did.

And just gotta love when Jets fans perpetuate their self-imposed inferority complex. Solution: Just don't give 2 craps when Giants fans try to make a big deal of it. I don't friggin' care and never have.

All League
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4359672]WOODY JOHNSON should learn to run the team as he does Johnson & Johnson.[/QUOTE]lol at this statement. Woody had an internship at J&J when he was a teenager I think.