Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belichick will not come out of the locker room to talk to NBC

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the lack of class on NE's part -- Belicheat, Kraft, etc is put front and center by the homers in the media.

How many times do we hear the b/s about the Patriot Way? Or this season, we are going to win it for Myra Kraft -- excuse me as I fcuking puke!! In addition, Belicheat was being hailed for his approach this week with the media; he was even cracking jokes.

Well the commissioner needs to crack the whip on his a$$! As someone else said, character is displayed after a tough loss. Some of Rex's critics have been real hard on him the past month. However, while he may talk alot he stands up there and takes the heat. Belicheat can learn a thing or two from Rex.

Finally, this sad episode reminds me of that scum bag when he resigned as the NYJ coach. Somethings change and some remain the same. No class then and no class now. Thank God he is not the Jets coach.

PreSpygate 3 Titles. Post Spygate 0

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If you aint first, you're last."

-Ricky Bobby

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4359870]the giants is like fighting with your brother. you beat the hell out of each other day after day. Although if the neighboorhood bully starts with either of you, you'd rather die than let the bully kick your brothers ass.

Or for you non military folks.

Its like a navy guy fighting with a marine. you'll beat each other up until a soldier or airman shows up and say something about one of the seafaring services.....then he gets his ass kicked by both of you.

no matter what, when its ny v boston, you root for ny.[/QUOTE]

WRONG. Some of us lived through the Pre-merger wars and had to take the crap the Giants and their idiotic and arrogant fans gave us. I hate everything about the Giants and always will. We will always have the YALE BOWL to look back to and know we kicked their butts when it really mattered.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB also a fair weather coach. Classy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard him on the radio at the post game press conference...apparently he did not sprint out fast enough for your liking.:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4360117]WRONG. Some of us lived through the Pre-merger wars and had to take the crap the Giants and their idiotic and arrogant fans gave us. I hate everything about the Giants and always will. We will always have the YALE BOWL to look back to and know we kicked their butts when it really mattered.[/QUOTE]

+1 I'll never forget Wellington Mara calling the AFL a Mickey Mouse league and saying the Jets beating the Colts was a fluke.. Then went on to say his Giants would expose them in the preseason game in the Yale Bowl.. Giants got their butt kicked 37-14..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4360045]Thank God he is not the Jets coach.

[/QUOTE]

+1.

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4360157]I heard him on the radio at the post game press conference...apparently he did not sprint out fast enough for your liking.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That's the point - you heard him on the radio. Why? Because he knew that by stalling long enough he would not have to answer any questions in front of a network camera that goes live to a billion people around the world. The NFL requires that the coaches make themselves available to the press, and particularly to the networks, immediately after the game. This was a cowardly move, and I'm sure he will hear from the Commissioner about it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4360045] Thank God he is not the Jets coach.

[/QUOTE]

+2

If he were we'd be celebrating another ACFCG loss instead of a SB loss.:rolleyes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched Belicheck's entire press conference which began about 15 minutes after he embraced Coughlin warmly and genuinely. Belicheck and is an unwarm curmudgeon. Why do people keep thinking that is a new news item?

I don't know if he blew off NBC, but it sure seemed as though NBC couldnt wait to blow off the Giants. They handed them the trophy and went right to the latest talent show.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rorjets;4360211]That's the point - you heard him on the radio. Why? Because he knew that by stalling long enough he would not have to answer any questions in front of a network camera that goes live to a billion people around the world. The NFL requires that the coaches make themselves available to the press, and particularly to the networks, immediately after the game. This was a cowardly move, and I'm sure he will hear from the Commissioner about it.[/QUOTE]

What I heard on the radio was simply the audio of his televised press conference statements.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4360228]+2

If he were we'd be celebrating another ACFCG loss instead of a SB loss.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Good one, Spygate boy. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=klecko73;4359677]Losing doesn't build character, it reveals character.
    Belichicken is just that - a chicken - and has been that way since he resigned as the HC of the NYJ.
    Had he not lucked into Tom Brady with a Mo Lewis assist, this guy would be just another defensive coordinator.
    He took Leon Hess' $1 million bonus and ran out the door.
    He was a sore loser when he lost that game to Mangini, he was a sore loser after the 2007 Super Bowl, he was a sore loser last year and he was sore loser tonight.[/QUOTE]

+1:yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4360228]+2

If he were we'd be celebrating another ACFCG loss instead of a SB loss.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sure because the fall isn't harder, is it now? Only thing that tops this is going undefeated and losing the only AND biggest game left. Oh wait.....:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=aagarcia;4360241]Sure because the fall isn't harder, is it now? Only thing that tops this is going undefeated and losing the only AND biggest game left. Oh wait.....:yes:[/QUOTE]

Using that logic a team should go winless and miss the playoffs to spare themselves a possible "harder fall" later. I'd rather have my team go for it all and come up short than mock other teams who made it to the SB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4359731]Let's keep things in perspective, huh?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Seems like a waste of perfectly good rope.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4360269]Using that logic a team should go winless and miss the playoffs to spare themselves a possible "harder fall" later. I'd rather have my team go for it all and come up short than mock other teams who made it to the SB.[/QUOTE]
    Only if videotaping is allowed....:) Oh and close to 4000 posts on another team's forum is required too. Oh wait.....
    Last edited by aagarcia; 02-06-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manningham on the challenged catch: “I didn’t know what the ref was going to do, knowing who we were playing against, how things operate around here,” :yes:

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-mario-manningham-clutch-catch-england-patriots-wes-welker-big-drop-turn-tide-super-bowl-article-1.1017714?pgno=1[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;4359693]analysts will never call him out on this. they will call them "class acts" till they're blue in the face...[/QUOTE]

ESPN would probably thank him on air for not coming out.

And the groupies in the media like Michael Lombardi will all claim that he is deploying stealth motivation for 2012. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJinBoston;4360300]Manningham on the challenged catch: “I didn’t know what the ref was going to do, knowing who we were playing against, how things operate around here,” :yes:

[URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-mario-manningham-clutch-catch-england-patriots-wes-welker-big-drop-turn-tide-super-bowl-article-1.1017714?pgno=1[/URL][/QUOTE]

The party I was at watching the game had somebody win $120 because he was the only one that didn't think the game was rigged for Kraft's wife and Brady and that the call wouldn't get thrown back.

We were all startled by the fact that the refs actually called it correctly.........he won the pot for having faith.......goes to say something about the league.