Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silver lining: Peyton now motivated to steal spotlight from Eli in NY?

silver lining: Peyton now motivated to steal spotlight from Eli in NY?

let's hope so....

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4359843]let's hope so....[/QUOTE]

Keep Peyton as far away from the Jets as possible thank you

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4359843]let's hope so....[/QUOTE]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

:deal:

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4359997]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

:deal:[/QUOTE]

Heard the Skins to able to play up hos bro twice a year

[QUOTE=Magnus;4359997]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

:deal:[/QUOTE]

I really hope the Jets do sign Peyton Manning BUT KEEP MARK SANCHEZ. Just because you would hate that.

yeah Peyton is really worried about "spotlight" he was all over the TV coverage tonight.

Oh wait, I didn't see him once. He entered the Witness Protection Program, apparently.

Don't be a fool. Peyton is not looking to cause a circus with his brother. He will not come to the Jets and he will not go to another NFC East team.

Stop obsessing over "spotlight" and "attention" it isn't as important as you think it is. What did the Jets get by "grabbing the attention"? Egg on their faces and no playoffs. What did the Giants get by not caring about it? Their 4th SB and 8th championship.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 02-06-2012 at 01:00 AM.

What's Vegas's over/under on how many games Peyton plays for the Jets before he has a season-ending neck injury?

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4360484]What's Vegas's over/under on how many games Peyton plays for the Jets before he has a season-ending neck injury?[/QUOTE]

Bingo! That's the only way it would end for us. Another stupid has been QB pickup when the guy's almost done. See Esiason and O'Donnell.

Build the effing trenches and own the line. Then watch how a real QB would jump at the chance to play here under a reasonable deal.

Peyton will destroy our depth even more with any deal we would give him, then his neck will end his career, and we will be holding baggage in the salary cap game.

Ditch LT, Burress, Leonard, Cromartie, Pace or Scott, the other next year along with Holmes, and let's build this thing right from the ground up.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Vin;4360025]I really hope the Jets do sign Peyton Manning BUT KEEP MARK SANCHEZ. Just because you would hate that.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

This can happen, only if it is not performance based.

Basically, Mark has to contract gonorrhea or something like that and be placed on IR. Then the Jets will be justified in going after Manning and this will allow Sanchez to save face and not force a divorce. Manning is with the Jets for one year. Wins the SB and retires. Mark comes back from IR, STD cured and everybody wins.

This is not that far-fetched. I saw something weird on Ms. Upton's lip.

;)

Do you really think Peyton Manning is THAT petty? That he'd go play for the Jets just to steal attention away from his younger brother? No...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SweetZombieJesus;4360042]yeah Peyton is really worried about "spotlight" he was all over the TV coverage tonight.

Oh wait, I didn't see him once. He entered the Witness Protection Program, apparently.

Don't be a fool. Peyton is not looking to cause a circus with his brother. He will not come to the Jets and he will not go to another NFC East team.

Stop obsessing over "spotlight" and "attention" it isn't as important as you think it is. What did the Jets get by "grabbing the attention"? Egg on their faces and no playoffs. What did the Giants get by not caring about it? Their 4th SB and 8th championship.[/QUOTE]

Exactly FAVRE loved the spotlight - Peyton doesn't.

Peyton is better than Favre was when he came here...

And sometimes I think that Jets fans don't want Peyton here because they can't just sit there in the "woe is me", "my team sucks" haze anymore.

You bring Peyton here and he's himself and you are looking at a team that could go 16-0. I think people don't understand how great Peyton is or have somehow forgotten.

And for those claiming Peyton isn't, or can't be himself need to stfu too because you're not a ****ing doctor and it's unbelievably arrogant to think you know more than any of the doctors deciding.

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;4360524]Do you really think Peyton Manning is THAT petty? That he'd go play for the Jets just to steal attention away from his younger brother? No...[/QUOTE]

How well do you know him?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4360545]Peyton is better than Favre was when he came here...

And sometimes I think that Jets fans don't want Peyton here because they can't just sit there in the "woe is me", "my team sucks" haze anymore.

You bring Peyton here and he's himself and you are looking at a team that could go 16-0. I think people don't understand how great Peyton is or have somehow forgotten.

And for those claiming Peyton isn't, or can't be himself need to stfu too because you're not a ****ing doctor and it's unbelievably arrogant to think you know more than any of the doctors deciding.[/QUOTE]

he never went 16-0 with the Colts. But he can come here and do that.

And for those claiming Peyton isn't, or can't be himself need to stfu too because you're not a ****ing doctor and it's unbelievably arrogant to think you know more than any of the doctors deciding.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and to those who say that he's too old, and past his prime, guess what? he's one year and five months older than Tom Brady, you know the guy who went to the Super Bowl this year.

First of all Favre played great for us until he was injured. Peyton is cleared to play because he isn't at risk to injure himself further. It's been made quite public that his tricep muscle has not responded to the stem cell treatment, and there's no timeline on when, or if, it ever will. As of right now today, he can't throw the ball very well by all accounts.

the fact that we have Tom Moore is a better selling point than anything else. Peyton for QB and Moore for QB coach. Sparano coaches the running game and Peyton/Moore do the passing game.

Manning is very disciplined. Why would he come to the Jets and be in a zoo environment with Ryan? Plus he wants ground and pound? And his receivers are exactly who?
    Let's not be delusional. Perhaps the Jets should look at the Giants defensive concept relative to personnel.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4360635]Manning is very disciplined. Why would he come to the Jets and be in a zoo environment with Ryan? Plus he wants ground and pound? And his receivers are exactly who?
    Let's not be delusional. Perhaps the Jets should look at the Giants defensive concept relative to personnel.[/QUOTE]

I think he wants ground and pound because he doesn't have a guy like Peyton.

I really think Peyton's decision on where to go will come down to 2 things, money and Tom Moore. If the Jets are serious about getting him then any deal that's close to the highest offer will get him since Moore is here.

Whether the Jets want him remains to be seen...

The Jets defense held Eli to 9 for 27 passing.
    A *healthy Payton Manning QBing for the Jets would mean playoffs for each & every year he decides to play.

Can you imagine this team with 7 draft picks, an entire off season, UDFAs,
    & a *healthy Payton Manning?

* Note healthy asterik