Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, where does Eli rank?

Seriously, where does Eli rank?

The guy is legit. The only guys you can even think about putting in front of him at this point are Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, and Brees. And I may be crazy, but I think you could make the argument that he's better than all of them.

All. Of. Them.

All Pro
    Simple..he ranks behind every QB who has won more SBs. You go look them up.

going into next season, assuming everyone is at full health...

Brady
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Eli
    Peyton

would take eli over peyton at full health RIGHT NOW, but still would rather have Brady and Rodgers not to mention Brees in a dome 8 games a year

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Eli is an elite quarterback.

I hate to say it, but it's true. Dude threaded the needle many many times tonight, while Brady threw Sanchez balls.

Not sure about best overall, but definitely the best big game/clutch QB in the league.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;4359965]The guy is legit. The only guys you can even think about putting in front of him at this point are Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, and Brees. And I may be crazy, but I think you could make the argument that he's better than all of them.

All. Of. Them.[/QUOTE]

Another two NFC's and a Super Bowl appearance maybe HOF

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

I would definitely put him ahead of Brady considering he has beaten him twice in Super Bowls, and I think he's 1-1 against him in the regular season.

He's in the group with Roethlisberger.

He's not as good as Rodgers, Brady, Peyton; or Brees.

He's a true "Franchise Quarterback" and 25 or so teams would take him over their guy in a heartbeat.

If Eli wins another Ring, THEN he's HOF-bound.

He's very good. But on a game to game basis, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Peyton are simply better.

[QUOTE=BigJet85;4359981]Another two NFC's and a Super Bowl appearance maybe HOF[/QUOTE]

Every multiple SB winner except Jim Plunkett is in the Hall... Excluding guys who are still active (Ben, Brady, and Eli).

Who cares. F-Eli (yes, the game is over....back to hating the Giants). :) Having said that, he clearly outplayed Tammy. Some of his throws were direct laser shots to his receivers with very little room to make the catch. Very impressive.

And the Giants didn't need to illegally spy on NE to win the game. They did it the honest way. Just saying....

Pre Spygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0

Veteran
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;4359981]Another two NFC's and a Super Bowl appearance maybe HOF[/QUOTE]

2 SB's MVP'S...He's in..Period

Practice Squad
    Eli has had one great season. He's had a few decent to good seasons here and there, but I still think he is a notch below the true elites like Brady, Brees, Peyton, and Rodgers.

However If he does put together another season like the one he had this year, I would put him into the elite category.

[QUOTE=dvl7;4360043]Eli has had one great season. He's had a few decent to good seasons here and there, but I still think he is a notch below the true elites like Brady, Brees, Peyton, and Rodgers.

However If he does put together another season like the one he had this year, I would put him into the elite category.[/QUOTE]

Agreed he is close. People forget he had these good games against lousy defenses in the playoffs while his D shut the other QB down. And Rodgers played very well, he had a lot of drops. I think Brees and Rodgers are not too concerned about their legacies now

[QUOTE=TRAVIS BICKLE;4360041]2 SB's MVP'S...He's in..Period[/QUOTE]

While you might be right, isn't this the same guy who led the league with INTs last year? That doesn't sound like qualifications for HOF.

Pre Spygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=SweetZombieJesus;4360036]Every multiple SB winner except Jim Plunkett is in the Hall... Excluding guys who are still active (Ben, Brady, and Eli).[/QUOTE]

I get the bowl games but im just saying he has a lot left and it could be good or bad so thats why i bring it up....

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4360047]While you might be right, isn't this the same guy who led the league with INTs last year? That doesn't sound like qualifications for HOF.[/QUOTE]

See Brett Favre

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4360047]While you might be right, isn't this the same guy who led the league with INTs last year? That doesn't sound like qualifications for HOF.

Pre Spygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0[/QUOTE]

2 SB's MVP'S Trump any crap things he ever did/does..sad to say:(

[QUOTE=TRAVIS BICKLE;4360057]2 SB's MVP'S Trump any crap things he ever did/does..sad to say:([/QUOTE]

This was a weak SB MVP. Nicks should have gotten it