Thread: pc adjusted i do not like the 3-4, 5-2, 3-3, and cover 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

pc adjusted i do not like the 3-4, 5-2, 3-3, and cover 2

please give me a defense that does not confuse our own players and a straight 4-3 with lots and lots of speed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4360168]please give me a defense that does not confuse our own players and a straight 4-3 with lots and lots of speed.[/QUOTE]

yeah. it's the [I]defense[/I] that's our problem. :rolleyes:

btw... Jesus is happy you took out all the swear words.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are falling in love with the 4-3 after watching the Giants front 4.

The Jets don't have JPP or Tuck. I would trade anybody on the Jets for one of those guys.

The Jets D is not the problem. They are good enough to win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4360174]I think you are falling in love with the 4-3 after watching the Giants front 4.

The Jets don't have JPP or Tuck. I would trade anybody on the Jets for one of those guys.

The Jets D is not the problem. They are good enough to win.[/QUOTE]

i saying i like the 4-3 because i like the speed and obv we do not have the players for it. Hence the reason I said i wish we would switch and start drafting those types.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4360181]i saying i like the 4-3 because i like the speed and obv we do not have the players for it. Hence the reason I said i wish we would switch and start drafting those types.[/QUOTE]

No. You're saying it because you have the attention span of a common housefly. The defense we have has been ranked #1, #3, and #5 the last three years. Right up there at the top with the other- say it with me (slowly if necessary)- 3-4 teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it's Buddy Ryan's scheme that's the problem. :rolleyes: It has nothing to do with our lack of a pass rush and safeties who couldn't cover me if I ran a pattern on them.

I swear I can feel myself getting dumber every time I come to this forum and read some of the posts here.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 02-06-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4360168]please give me a defense that does not confuse our own players and a straight 4-3 with lots and lots of speed.[/QUOTE]

The Jets D has been 1st,3rd and 5th in Rex's 3 years that really does suck..:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    kim kardashian looks really pretty with make-up on too without make-up eh not even close.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not the formation you're concerned about its the personnel. If we add
    2 LB's and a Safety that are athletic and can cover you won't care what
    defense we run. On top of that a defense that can morph between a
    3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 1-6 etc... is what you want. You want to confuse the
    offense so a QB never gets comfortable

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't you start this thread when the vaGiants were 7-7?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4360181]i saying i like the 4-3 because i like the speed and obv we do not have the players for it. Hence the reason I said i wish we would switch and start drafting those types.[/QUOTE]

Guess you forgot last years teams... both ran 3-4s... reactionary, idiotic post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4360188]I swear I can feel myself getting dumber every time I come to this forum and read some of the posts here.[/QUOTE]

That's why I don't venture here too often. I really can't afford that to happen.

:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4360227]kim kardashian looks really pretty with make-up on too without make-up eh not even close.[/QUOTE]

this is what you came up with for a retort?

:rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much all of the worst D's in the league are 4-3's. If you somehow end up with Tuck, Pierre Paul, Umenyura, and Kiwanuka all rot ating in at DE your 4-3 is going to look fantastic. Without them not so much. The 3-4 allows a defense to disguise so much more than a 4-3 D does. With a 3-4 you have your 3 down lineman and that 4th rusher can be any one of the 4 LB's, the O really never knows until the ball is snapped which always makes it hard for them to adjust their blocking schemes at the line. With a 4-3 you always know the 4 rushers that are coming. If they're not great players then it's pretty easy to block. It's the players that are making the Giants 4-3 look great.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The big problem with the 3-4 is this. Each year we look at the draft, look at the best 10 pass rushers in the draft, we then immediately remove 6 out of the 10 because "They are 4-3 DE's that won't be able to stand up."

Or, you can take the top 10 DT's and immediately removed 6 out of the 10 because they are too small to be a nose tackle and are not tall enough to be a 3-4 end.

Because the 3-4 became the flavor of the month base defense, the law of supply and demand hurts 3-4 teams at draft time and at FA time.

I don't mind staying with our 3-4 but we have to get true pass rushing olbs, the coach seems to think that he can do anything with scheme, which you can't.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you a Korean guy behind that keyboard?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, because the 49ers defense also stinks, and they run a 3-4. Like the Ravens and the Steelers.

It's the quality of the personel, not the scheme. Remeber last year when our defense had brady and Manning confused in the playoffs? Did you not want a 3-4 then?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chirorob;4360533]Yes, because the 49ers defense also stinks, and they run a 3-4. Like the Ravens and the Steelers.

It's the quality of the personel, not the scheme. Remeber last year when our defense had brady and Manning confused in the playoffs? Did you not want a 3-4 then?[/QUOTE]

Like HOU as well. The top 5 team Defenses inb the league were all 3-4's.