Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S Mark Barron has a double sports hernia and will be out until at least July/August

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    brick and mangold were drafted before sanchez. i wrote that the jets need TEs who can block AND catch, not TEs who can do only one or the other. cotch is gone. plax will probably be gone too. no continuity on offense. read my prior post.
    Wha does it matter than Brick and Mangold were drafted before Sanchez? All that goes to show is that the Jets have been prepping to make life easy for the QB for half a decade plus now.

Seriously the idea that they should be giving this guy MORE weapons he doesn't know how to use is just ludicrous. At least mitigate that some by going later, where teams have found guys like Deion Branch, Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Ocho Cinco back in the day, Mario Manningham, Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, and so many others...

Maybe we can get him in the 4th round now.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Wha does it matter than Brick and Mangold were drafted before Sanchez? All that goes to show is that the Jets have been prepping to make life easy for the QB for half a decade plus now.

Seriously the idea that they should be giving this guy MORE weapons he doesn't know how to use is just ludicrous. At least mitigate that some by going later, where teams have found guys like Deion Branch, Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Ocho Cinco back in the day, Mario Manningham, Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, and so many others...
    weapons don't only mean wrs. it means rbs who can run and catch, so you're not dumping off to greene. it means TEs not named mulligan who can be used in the passing game. it means having an OC who devises plays that don't only have 1 or 2 viable targets. all these factors contribute to sanchez's poor play, not to mention poor RT play. no wonder sanchez locks onto keller.

Count the number of first round picks on the Giants offense...you've got the elite QB taken first overall....a WR drafted 7 years into that QBs career...then...who? They don't even have a first founder on the OL....OTOH they do have an elite QB....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Maybe we can get him in the 4th round now.
    +1 to be able to get him in a later round now. I'm sorry for his injury, but maybe we can steal him.

weapons don't only mean wrs. it means rbs who can run and catch, so you're not dumping off to greene. it means TEs not named mulligan who can be used in the passing game. it means having an OC who devises plays that don't only have 1 or 2 viable targets. all these factors contribute to sanchez's poor play, not to mention poor RT play. no wonder sanchez locks onto keller.
    Multifaceted RB...you mean like the HOF/GOAT they brought in? By non-Mulligan TEs do you mean the first round pick Keller? Was I EVER talking only about WRs when I talked about the offense they have here? I only pointed out WRs because we're all clamoring for a first round pick there. They just spent 4 picks and 50 million in the past two years at the position for the QB to waste it, but they should give that another go?

Screw that...restock the D with some speed and find a QB somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    +1 to be able to get him in a later round now. I'm sorry for his injury, but maybe we can steal him.

He's ndropping that far and given the way he's talked about around these parts he was set up to be a steal if he was taken in the first.

If anything this injury prevents him from going in the first 15.

He's ndropping that far and given the way he's talked about around these parts he was set up to be a steal if he was taken in the first.

If anything this injury prevents him from going in the first 15.
    I was thinking 2nd. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Pass rusher 1st. Barron 2nd. Oh to dream. This dream just happened with the start of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I was thinking 2nd. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Pass rusher 1st. Barron 2nd. Oh to dream. This dream just happened with the start of this thread.
    Same dream here, but I suspect the Pats will piss me off. I have some trouble seeing him fall 16 picks into the 2nd.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 02-07-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Fall to the 3rd round maybe more? That would be a great pickup.

Same dream here, but I suspect the Pats will piss me off. I have some trouble seeing him fall 16 picks into the 2nd.
    Let's pray BB has one of his normal fun drafts.

It doesn't take much to fall in the draft. Mays was a top ten candidate and fell for attitude. Barron isn't half the prospect Mays was. The only reason he is considered a 1st rounder is because S is just weak this year and he was the only one that was seen a starter ready. Now teams may actually look at Smith and Allen before him. He can't work out or do the combine so his stock falls a lot here. Teams no longer will look at him as a ready starter, has that injury tag already, and doesn't posses great athletic ability. He will be just anther prospect. I'd say he goes 3rd if he is lucky but likely 4th.

It doesn't take much to fall in the draft. Mays was a top ten candidate and fell for attitude. Barron isn't half the prospect Mays was. The only reason he is considered a 1st rounder is because S is just weak this year and he was the only one that was seen a starter ready. Now teams may actually look at Smith and Allen before him. He can't work out or do the combine so his stock falls a lot here. Teams no longer will look at him as a ready starter, has that injury tag already, and doesn't posses great athletic ability. He will be just anther prospect. I'd say he goes 3rd if he is lucky but likely 4th.
    The reason Taylor Mays fell in the draft is because he is a terrible football player.

Yeah but Taylor Mays sucked, and Barron is a significantly better prospect.

Yeah but Taylor Mays sucked, and Barron is a significantly better prospect.
    Barron is not a better prospect. Player coming out yes. person yes. better prospect big no.

All League
    Count the number of first round picks on the Giants offense...you've got the elite QB taken first overall....a WR drafted 7 years into that QBs career...then...who? They don't even have a first founder on the OL....OTOH they do have an elite QB....
    They also have a coach and a scouting department who's strength is finding talent at the skills positions such as WR, RB, and TE

It's why Parcells hired Coughlin and the band of goons he brought with him back to the Giants

Barron is not a better prospect. Player coming out yes. person yes. better prospect big no.
    He's got elite size at safety himself...and unlike Mays he can actually play he position. I'm sticking with significantly better prospect.

they drafted sanchez and greene, and didn't draft anyone else but ducasse to build around him. they traded picks for braylon, he's gone. they signed LT, he's likely to go. they let cotch go, brought in mason and let him go. the only guy they brought in who's still here is holmes, and he's a problem. ducasse likely sucks and isn't the solution at RT and maybe not at G either.

contrast this with the better teams in the nfl, which surround their qbs with multiple weapons on offense, rbs who can run and catch so they can be factors in the passing game and TEs who can block and catch, not TEs who can only do one or the other.

sanchez has chemistry with all of one target, keller, and not coincidentally, he's the only target who's been with the jets for all of sanchez's 3 seasons. there's no continuity, no plan and no rex in that offense for the past 3 years.

the team's crosstown rival just won the superbowl with a high powered offense, narrowly beating the jets' main nemesis which boasts one of the best qbs of all time. then you have the jets sitting there saying they want to run the ball, except they have all of one rb, no RT, no blocking TEs and 1 wr who can stretch a defense. it's really pathetic.
    Well put. Sanchez wasn't exactly put in a situation to succeed this year. Hoping that the Jets FO have seen the light and act accordingly. Ths doesn't get away from the fact that he needs to improve as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Fall to the 3rd round maybe more? That would be a great pickup.
    He may still go in the first but I don't see him falling to us in the second unless we moved up to get him.

Barron is definitely a better prospect then Mays. Taylor Mays had no coverage skills whatsoever. Everyone found that out his senior season. That's why he fell like a rock in the draft. He's like the safety version of Vernon Gholston. A physical freak that has no football instincts. Barron is very solid in coverage, has good instincts to the ball and has enough speed to recover. He's a very good run defender as well. I don't think he will last to us in the second, even though that is a significant injury, someone will take a chance on him...probably BB