Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S Mark Barron has a double sports hernia and will be out until at least July/August

S Mark Barron has a double sports hernia and will be out until at least July/August

RookieDraft Joe Everett
    Just heard some bad news on S Mark Barron #Alabama that he has a double sports hernia and will be out until at least July/August

I didnt want him with our first round pick anyway.

What is a double sports hernia. Sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    I didnt want him with our first round pick anyway.

What is a double sports hernia. Sounds awful.
    it has to do with your balls (I'm not a doctor)

Hall Of Fame
    Best news of the draft so far. I wanted nothing to do with him in the first round.

IMO this is great news for us. If he falls into the 2nd round that would be a steal. I don't care if he is on the PUP til mid season....that would be exceptional value.

All League
    Bad for him but great news for everyone who wanted no part in taking a 1st round safety.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    IMO this is great news for us. If he falls into the 2nd round that would be a steal. I don't care if he is on the PUP til mid season....that would be exceptional value.
    Yeah unless this is a career ender (which it isn't) then this guy somehow became even more of a steal than he would have been. Never seen a solid first dissed (90's!) more in the name of WRs and RTs based...wait for it...on positional importance more often than not.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    RookieDraft Joe Everett
    Just heard some bad news on S Mark Barron #Alabama that he has a double sports hernia and will be out until at least July/August
    Let's hope we can get him in the 3rd

That would be sick if he fell to round 2 and we could get him. I would love it if we got a OLB/DE round 1 then Mark Barron round 2.

Hall Of Fame
    He would have fallen either way.

I do not think he would have had a good combine.

This may end up working out to his benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    That would be sick if he fell to round 2 and we could get him. I would love it if we got a OLB/DE round 1 then Mark Barron round 2.
    +1

He'd be an absolute coup...

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    then they can take a NT in the 3rd, a cb in the 4th and we can all wonder again why the offense sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    then they can take a NT in the 3rd, a cb in the 4th and we can all wonder again why the offense sucks.
    Did they keep Sanchez? 'Cause then I wouldn't have to do much wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Did they keep Sanchez? 'Cause then I wouldn't have to do much wondering.
    if they had eli manning, that offensive line, those wrs and rbs, the offense would still stink.

if they had eli manning, that offensive line, those wrs and rbs, the offense would still stink.
    Just significantly less so...

Just significantly less so...
    my point is, since the jets drafted sanchez and greene, the only guys they've added are veterans like LT, holmes, braylon, mason. they haven't invested in the offense, and it's showing. rex's influence has resulted in their first 3 picks in last year's draft towards defense (including a #2 for cromartie), and the prior year's 1st on a cb. they've also used picks for holmes and braylon. despite the nfl rulebook and clear nfl trends favoring high powered offenses, the jets have regressed here, and it's finally caught up to them. but there's no quick fixes anymore. they have too many needs on offense even before evaluating their mecurial qb.

in my opinion this is the biggest travesty of rex's avoiding the offense. they thought they could fast forward it all by surrounding sanchez with troublesome wrs and crappy RTs/TEs, believing the defense could overcome it all. now the jets need an upgrade on virtually every single position on offense, in addition to pass rusher, safety and olb.

my point is, since the jets drafted sanchez and greene, the only guys they've added are veterans like LT, holmes, braylon, mason. they haven't invested in the offense, and it's showing. rex's influence has resulted in their first 3 picks in last year's draft towards defense (including a #2 for cromartie), and the prior year's 1st on a cb. they've also used picks for holmes and braylon. despite the nfl rulebook and clear nfl trends favoring high powered offenses, the jets have regressed here, and it's finally caught up to them. but there's no quick fixes anymore. they have too many needs on offense even before evaluating their mecurial qb.

in my opinion this is the biggest travesty of rex's avoiding the offense. they thought they could fast forward it all by surrounding sanchez with troublesome wrs and crappy RTs/TEs, believing the defense could overcome it all. now the jets need an upgrade on virtually every single position on offense, in addition to pass rusher, safety and olb.
    One being a 26 year old stud WR and the other being a former top 3 draft pick turned NFL deep threat...Oh how they've put the weight of the world on Sanchez. Not only that, but in his first two seasons Sanchez was surrounded by an elite OL, an elite running game, they spent on WRs...

The big need on offense is better QB play...Sure, fixing the OL is right there with it, but a good to great QB makes helps an OL (and everyone else) look better than they are.

They'd have at least 6 other picks + FA to add offensive talent...by offensive talent we're talking WR, TE, and RT...Not exactly first round priority positions unless a superior talent is sitting there.

One being a 26 year old stud WR and the other being a former top 3 draft pick turned NFL deep threat...Oh how they've put the weight of the world on Sanchez. Not only that, but in his first two seasons Sanchez was surrounded by an elite OL, an elite running game, they spent on WRs...

The big need on offense is better QB play...Sure, fixing the OL is right there with it, but a good to great QB makes helps an OL (and everyone else) look better than they are.

They'd have at least 6 other picks + FA to add offensive talent...by offensive talent we're talking WR, TE, and RT...Not exactly first round priority positions unless a superior talent is sitting there.
    they drafted sanchez and greene, and didn't draft anyone else but ducasse to build around him. they traded picks for braylon, he's gone. they signed LT, he's likely to go. they let cotch go, brought in mason and let him go. the only guy they brought in who's still here is holmes, and he's a problem. ducasse likely sucks and isn't the solution at RT and maybe not at G either.

contrast this with the better teams in the nfl, which surround their qbs with multiple weapons on offense, rbs who can run and catch so they can be factors in the passing game and TEs who can block and catch, not TEs who can only do one or the other.

sanchez has chemistry with all of one target, keller, and not coincidentally, he's the only target who's been with the jets for all of sanchez's 3 seasons. there's no continuity, no plan and no rex in that offense for the past 3 years.

the team's crosstown rival just won the superbowl with a high powered offense, narrowly beating the jets' main nemesis which boasts one of the best qbs of all time. then you have the jets sitting there saying they want to run the ball, except they have all of one rb, no RT, no blocking TEs and 1 wr who can stretch a defense. it's really pathetic.

Really just Sanchez and Greene? No franchise LT or C? No pass catching TE? No possession guys (Cotch and Plaxico)? Can we stop pretending the Jets have done anything but surround Sanchez with as much talent as a QB can ask for?

The better teams have consistent, quality QBs. That is a fact. Sanchez is neither of those.

Really just Sanchez and Greene? No franchise LT or C? No pass catching TE? No possession guys (Cotch and Plaxico)? Can we stop pretending the Jets have done anything but surround Sanchez with as much talent as a QB can ask for?

The better teams have consistent, quality QBs. That is a fact. Sanchez is neither of those.
    brick and mangold were drafted before sanchez. i wrote that the jets need TEs who can block AND catch, not TEs who can do only one or the other. cotch is gone. plax will probably be gone too. no continuity on offense. read my prior post.