Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama vs the Catholic Church

Obama vs the Catholic Church

Obama is picking a fight he will not win. Trying to force the Catholic Church to cover abortion in their hospitals and their employees health plans isn't going to happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    This move is mind boggling. Obama has every opportunity to win again, and it seems he's doing whatever he can to ensure that he doesn't.

The Catholic Church is a pretty loud and influential enemy to be making.

All Pro
    Wonder if this is enough to steal a significant amount of hispanic votes?

From what I have heard the Catholic Church has the backing of the Jewish Community and other Christian Denominations. Let him screw himself.

He is threatening the Catholic Church. LMAO.
    Covered birth control, morning after abortion pills, abortions in hospitals and BTW the feds are preventing Catholic charitable groups in DC and Boston from having adoption services. Why? The Catholic groups will not give babies to gay and lesbian couples.
    The Cardinals should just say about potential sanctions: "Come on punk, you think you have enough?"

But let's not offend the Moslems.

Hall Of Fame
    if gas hits five bucks a gallon ;
    obama is outta there ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kelly;4363649]if gas hits five bucks a gallon ;
    obama is outta there ;)[/QUOTE]

Obama must be a big concern for you in Denmark

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4363680]Obama must be a big concern for you in Denmark[/QUOTE]

LMAO. When I was last in Denmark about 30 years ago, gas was already well over $4 per gal. Nice place, lots of blondes. Winter - ouch. Sun up after 9, down at 3.

All Pro
    some people are stupid

its not just a slight geared to amp up the (D) generate base

also a chess move towards single payer

Jets Insider VIP
    VS the Catholic Church?

Why hasn't "god" already come down and struck Obama dead yet? C'mon...MnJetFan. Pray to your little god. Pray really long and really hard.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 02-08-2012 at 04:59 PM.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4364276]VS the Catholic Church?

Why hasn't "god" already come down and struck Obama dead yet? C'mon...MnJetFan. Pray to your little god. Pray really long and really hard.[/QUOTE]

God is a forgiving, He is not vengeful. You are always welcome in His home, Brother Plumber.

That being said, this is a direct attack on the Catholic Church, make no bones about it.

As soon as the catholic church actually does something about the systematic creation of pedophile priests, then, maybe, they can claim some kind of moral high ground to lecture us all from.

Until then they can STFU and stay out of my vagina.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ernie;4364361]That being said, this is a direct attack on the Catholic Church, make no bones about it.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. This is a general mandate that encompasses all employers' health care plans, not just those associated with the Catholic Church.

Personally, I disagree with this mandate. It is fundamentally different from the other health care reform mandates such as preexisting conditions, young adult coverage up to 26 years of age, ending lifetime limits, etc.

The issue of covering specific health services should be left to the free market. If an employer chooses to not provide specific health coverage, they should be free to do so, but they risk of the loss of skilled workers who find it insufficient and look elsewhere for employment.

In this particular case, you are seeing the Catholic Church vs. Women as much as Obama vs. the Catholic Church.
    Last edited by parafly; 02-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Ya'll aren't acknowledging the fact that you simply don't mandate a faithful organization to bend to your will...

Isn't that what the left was up in arms about when it came to the ground zero mosque?

:i_dont_kn

Why is the church in the healthcare business anyway?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=FF2;4364399]As soon as the catholic church actually does something about the systematic creation of pedophile priests, then, maybe, they can claim some kind of moral high ground to lecture us all from.

Until then they can STFU and stay out of my vagina.[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear!

[QUOTE=FF2;4364465]Why is the church in the healthcare business anyway?[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with say... Notre Dame or St Marys providing contraceptives by force to their employees...

You're off base on this. I'm not religious in the slightest but religious freedoms are the singular foundation of our country.

Please stop with this simpleton nonsense...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4364276]VS the Catholic Church?

Why hasn't "god" already come down and struck Obama dead yet? C'mon...MnJetFan. Pray to your little god. Pray really long and really hard.[/QUOTE]

The Catholic Church runs the Hospitals and Universities, so Obama go F yourself. Plumber Obama is an idiot!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4364399]As soon as the catholic church actually does something about the systematic creation of pedophile priests, then, maybe, they can claim some kind of moral high ground to lecture us all from.

Until then they can STFU and stay out of my vagina.[/QUOTE]

Do you really find it amusing to make these kind of posts? Or do you actually believe this nonsense?