Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayne Hunter's 2012 base salary becomes fully guaranteed today

Wayne Hunter's 2012 base salary becomes fully guaranteed today

per Vrentas

[Quote]Jenny Vrentas @JennyVrentas

Another contract change, as noted by @nyjetscap: RT Wayne Hunter's 2012 base salary of $2.45 million becomes fully guaranteed today. #nyj[/Quote]

Somebody cut this bag of donuts already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Wayne Hunter's 2012 Base Salary Fully Guaranteed

Jenny Vrentas just tweeted that Hunters base salary of $2.45 million becomes fully guaranteed today. Her source is nyjetscap aka Jason423.

Let's hope he is going to just be a highly paid backup :confused:

[QUOTE=dustykeller;4364180]per Vrentas

Somebody cut this bag of donuts already.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif[/IMG]

He shouldn't even be here as a backup...

I really hope that isn't accurate and I'd really be surprised if he's still here.

During the season Rex mentioned Brandon Moore giving up zero hits on the QB which means he was absolutely aware of Hunter giving up a ton of hits on the QB. I don't care how good Hunter is in the locker room, you can't have bad players on the field.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    I dont even think he would be valuable @ 245k, let alone 2.45 Mil.
    This is carp.
    Not to be overly mean, but hes not even serviceable as a backup.

I know 2.45 million doesn't seem like much, but c'mon, what a waste of fuking resources.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't get it.

All Pro
    LOL....Patrick Turner has got to be wondering WTF sitting on that freshly signed 685k contract.:eek:

Different positions , i know, but wow.

Our head coach thinks he's great. He also feels this way about Smith, Leohnard, Scott, Thomas, Mulligan......

Going to be interesting to say the least.

If Hunter doesn't get cut Tanny needs to get cut.

This is BS.

rex is loyal, he would keep him as the starter. if this guy is the starter, i am grabbing my pitchfork.

[QUOTE=srobjets;4364200]Our head coach thinks he's great. He also feels this way about Smith, Leohnard, Scott, Thomas, Mulligan......

Going to be interesting to say the least.[/QUOTE]

If Hunter and/or Smith are on this roster next season I really don't know anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Why did Tannenbaum structure Hunter's and Santonio's contract like he did? These deadlines right after the Superbowl put us in a tough position as we have no viable replacements on the roster at this time.

[QUOTE=srobjets;4364200]Our head coach thinks he's great. He also feels this way about Smith, Leohnard, Scott, Thomas, Mulligan......

Going to be interesting to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I bet Rex changes his tune when Hunter gets Sanchez carted off the field. What a waste of money.

I've been defending Tanny since the day he became the Jets GM, but this is indefensible. He couldn't find someone better in FA to spend that 2.45 million on? That's a sweet 1 year contract for a "better" player, imo.

[QUOTE=crayc;4364202]rex is loyal, he would keep him as the starter. if this guy is the starter, i am grabbing my pitchfork.[/QUOTE]

Rex is loyal but he's also shown plenty of ability to get rid of other guys who he has liked even more.

He let trevor Pryce go. he didn't even try to sign kelly Gregg and he built that guy's career.

And this offseason we probably see Jim Leonhard leave too.

If today is the drop dead date on whether his contract becomes guaranteed, I'll be absolutely shocked if we don't find out later that he's cut.

[QUOTE=crayc;4364202]rex is loyal, he would keep him as the starter. if this guy is the starter, i am grabbing my pitchfork.[/QUOTE]

I bet Rex would've kept Adrien Clarke too. Jesus.

Veteran
    Oh boy, they better be joking. Hunter was the weakest point in the OL last season.

A few things if he is still with the Jets after today

He was here as a backup for a few seasons and did well in that role. Of course it was at a cheaper salary.

The new OL Coaoch has been on board for a couple of weeks so maybe he has seen something on tape (or when the Jets played the fins..) that he can work with? Ironically, Hunter's best game this season was against the dolphins in week 6 when he contained Wake.

Jets looking for some positives...:D

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4364203]If Hunter and/or Smith are on this roster next season I really don't know anymore.[/QUOTE]

Hunter will be on the roster. Their not going to cut him now. Why guarantee the money in full then cut him?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4364218]A few things if he is still with the Jets after today

He was here as a backup for a few seasons and did well in that role. Of course it was at a cheaper salary.

The new OL Coaoch has been on board for a couple of weeks so maybe he has seen something on tape (or when the Jets played the fins..) that he can work with? Ironically,[B] Hunter's best game this season was against the dolphins in week 6 when he contained Wake. [/B]

Jets looking for some positives...:D[/QUOTE]

Thats fair to bring that up. Its also very true.

BUT, when he is bad, he is REALLY bad. Its painful to watch. I actually wanted to cry for him 1 or 2x when they would pan to him time after time after giving up sacks and offering up the Sanchez to opposing pass rushers.