Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is England a mess or what?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Is England a mess or what?

- Rooney suspended for first round in Euro
    - John Terry accused of racial slurs during match and stripped of captaincy on English squad

And now Capello quits..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just in time for Euros. Rooney? Well, the bright side is he can't be thrown out of the tournament tooo early.

What was the fallout/resolution after the France debacle at last WC? Whatever came of it?
    Last edited by frostlich; 02-10-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The resolution was to arrive at the Euro with at least a backbone, and have players who feel honored to be on the national squad…

Besides Lloris (GK) and Benzema who are undeniable..you could field 3 or 4 French teams of equal quality and production. The atmosphere has been OK, though I feel Laurent Blanc has been a bit pushed around. I think he needs to bite the bullet: this Euro should be about giving big game experience to young guys. Leave Ribery at home, he’s the biggest nuisance on the team, and has not reproduced what he does at Bayern in over 3 years. He’s not a team first guy, he wants to come but only if he starts and on the left side..

The goal is to get past the first round..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't shown much Bayern here lately. Hard to follow so can't see how well hes doing. Was a fan of the guy early on, but if he's turned into an ass then I say leave him home.

Turks been quiet. Enjoying being a dad I'm guessing. Teaching the youngster how and who to throw stuff at...maybe?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone misunderstood his « It’s a boy” Thread. He had just got the result of the sonogram. I think he still has some time left to sleep until the tsunami hits.

Ribery is a DOLT. I’ve rarely seen a guy that dumb. Not that it’s important to be smart to kick a football, but WOW…we have no natural leaders on the team, so he’s a cancer, throwing his weight around when in reality he hasn’t done squat in over 3 years. Yeah, I’m sick of him..

We have a lot of youngsters who deserve a chance: Martin, Menez, Valbuena, Sakho

One guy you’ll discover is M’vila: big, strong technical holding MF. He should start all 3 games. Has been solid in all our qualifying games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, after Barry and Lampard, Cahill is also out for the Euro with a broken jaw.

When it rains it pours...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Wow, after Barry and Lampard, Cahill is also out for the Euro with a broken jaw.

They're in your group aren't they? Have no idea about the European national teams - England are basically horrible at these events (in regards to how much money they have, how good their league is etc) but I think anyone in their group will take any assistance they can.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The resolution was to arrive at the Euro with at least a backbone, and have players who feel honored to be on the national squad…

Besides Lloris (GK) and Benzema who are undeniable..you could field 3 or 4 French teams of equal quality and production. The atmosphere has been OK, though I feel Laurent Blanc has been a bit pushed around. I think he needs to bite the bullet: this Euro should be about giving big game experience to young guys. Leave Ribery at home, he’s the biggest nuisance on the team, and has not reproduced what he does at Bayern in over 3 years. He’s not a team first guy, he wants to come but only if he starts and on the left side..

The goal is to get past the first round..
    Whatever happened to that MF Yoann Gourcuff? When he started at Milan a few years ago he was heralded as the next Kaka. Then they shipped him out and I haven't heard from him since. Is he still on the national squad?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Whatever happened to that MF Yoann Gourcuff? When he started at Milan a few years ago he was heralded as the next Kaka. Then they shipped him out and I haven't heard from him since. Is he still on the national squad?
    Has literally fallen off the face of the earth.

He was the biggest trade ever 2 years ago when he joined Lyon, and has absolutely bombed. He’s completely lost confidence in his talent and didn’t make the last cut for the Euro. Between injuries and just plain sucking, he started only 6 games this year. A total waste of talent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

He was the biggest trade ever 2 years ago when he joined Lyon, and has absolutely bombed. He’s completely lost confidence in his talent and didn’t make the last cut for the Euro. Between injuries and just plain sucking, he started only 6 games this year. A total waste of talent.
    Wow that sucks. He had a lot of potential.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Figuratively.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Figuratively.
    You've been hanging out with southside too much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've been hanging out with southside too much.
    Don't get mad at me. Be mad at yourself.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda makes you wish for a little Rio after all

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was the biggest trade ever 2 years ago when he joined Lyon, and has absolutely bombed. He’s completely lost confidence in his talent and didn’t make the last cut for the Euro. Between injuries and just plain sucking, he started only 6 games this year. A total waste of talent.[/QUOTE]

He actually was a straight purchase, no players moved between Bord and Lyon .. 25mill Euros if Im not mistaken

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Don't get mad at me. Be mad at yourself.
    If this is going to be your contribution to this venerable forum, LOLGFY.

And who is this other Polidore dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Polidore 74/98 View Post
    He actually was a straight purchase, no players moved between Bord and Lyon .. 25mill Euros if Im not mistaken
    Correct. I said trade but meant purchase.

That year, he single handedly won the title for Bordeaux, and had every French fan saying "holy crap, we've struck gold 2 generations in a row: Zidane, now Gourcuff"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFkru...eature=related

Then of course he sucked.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

That year, he single handedly won the title for Bordeaux, and had every French fan saying "holy crap, we've struck gold 2 generations in a row: Zidane, now Gourcuff"

be thankful to have ONE Zidane (the World Footballer of the year one, not the head butting one) .. and I went to look it up, a measley 22mill Euros not 25 lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Already struck gold twice: Platini and Zidane.

Have you signed up for the Euro pick em?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

be thankful to have ONE Zidane (the World Footballer of the year one, not the head butting one) .. and I went to look it up, a measley 22mill Euros not 25 lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore 74/98 View Post
    I think it was the biggest purchase from one Ligue 1 team to another. Other purchases from other European teams were more expensive.