Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how do I get to the draft forum?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4367165]People will get used it just like I did. No worries.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. One thing I've learned after 12 years doing this is that you can't please everyone unfortunately.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4367222]Thanks. One thing I've learned after 12 years doing this is that you can't please everyone unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

True. Some people hate change, like myself. It looks like a Patriot message board though, with all the blue coloring.....LOL. I feel dirty going over there....LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't make everyone happy?

Not true, keep the old draft forum during the regular season and allow draft talk on the main forum during the off-season. Its a no-nonsense, common sense approach that for some reason has been ignored. This isn't rocket science, its website design 101.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4367242]You can't make everyone happy?

Not true, keep the old draft forum during the regular season and allow draft talk on the main forum during the off-season. Its a no-nonsense, common sense approach that for some reason has been ignored. This isn't rocket science, its website design 101.[/QUOTE]

Confusing and counter- productive. One forum, one place, 365 days per year, is web- design 101.

I think our 12 years experience along with 40mm hits per month and growing every month kinda indicates we know what we're doing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the other site blows but that's just my opinion

serious question, is jets draft discussion allowed here or will the thread be removed?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4367242]You can't make everyone happy?

Not true, keep the old draft forum during the regular season and allow draft talk on the main forum during the off-season. Its a no-nonsense, common sense approach that for some reason has been ignored. This isn't rocket science, its website design 101.[/QUOTE]
    Says the guy who starts a "Cut McElroy" thread and then disappears after he's eviscerated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;4367252]the other site blows but that's just my opinion

serious question, is jets draft discussion allowed here or will the thread be removed?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was just over there, it does suck. It is kind of funny that, especially in the off season, we can not talk about the draft here. Maybe they should start a "Free Agents Insider" site as well, so we can talk about potential free agents there as well.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;4367252]the other site blows but that's just my opinion

serious question, is jets draft discussion allowed here or will the thread be removed?[/QUOTE]

Serious answer: No

Thanks for the feedback, btw.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4367250]Confusing and counter- productive. One forum, one place, 365 days per year, is web- design 101.

I think our 12 years experience along with 40mm hits per month and growing every month kinda indicates we know what we're doing.[/QUOTE]

Your success has NOTHING to do with how you've designed organized and managed this forum.

I mean seriously, I type in Jetsinisder.com and I have to look for a small button on the top header to access the forums. I'd be willing to bed that at least 80% or your traffic is to the forums. Why not make it ridiculously easy to access the forums?

People got used to going to the landing strip and clicking on the forum at the top, now that you've made the switch that new site the link is gone. I'm supposed to dig through your forum directory to find a link to another website?

This is a Jets forum, its off-season, people have ALWAYS wanted to talk draft on the main forum.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It just seems to be the way of the times. Consumers love one stop shopping why do you really think WalMart is so popular. Get your oil changed, eyes checked, hair done, grocery shopping, and junk all in one place. I see it in my business as well. You'll be shocked how much people will pay just so they don't have to go to Granger. 15 dollars for a belt na I'll just call the tech I pay 190 dollars and hr to overnight me one and pay 400 instead. It isn't change that bothers me. I'd be all for putting in a mock draft system here with a draft prospect break down. Yeah is will never be as good as what you get on CBS or ESPN but it is catchy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is hysterically pathetic.

It takes 10 seconds to get from this board to draft insider.

The nancying in here is ridiculous.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4367271]Your success has NOTHING to do with how you've designed organized and managed this forum.

I mean seriously, I type in Jetsinisder.com and I have to look for a small button on the top header to access the forums. I'd be willing to bed that at least 80% or your traffic is to the forums. Why not make it ridiculously easy to access the forums?

People got used to going to the landing strip and clicking on the forum at the top, now that you've made the switch that new site the link is gone. I'm supposed to dig through your forum directory to find a link to another website?

This is a Jets forum, its off-season, people have ALWAYS wanted to talk draft on the main forum.[/QUOTE]

Not true. The reason we created a draft forum was due to people complaining of draft stuff clogging the main board.

Btw: a link will soon be on the landing strip where the old draft forum was.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4367266]Yea, I was just over there, it does suck. It is kind of funny that, especially in the off season, we can not talk about the draft here. Maybe they should start a "Free Agents Insider" site as well, so we can talk about potential free agents there as well.[/QUOTE]

I love this idiotic argument. What exactly blows about it? The prospects aren't updated? We didn't even have prospect rankings on the JI subforum. I swear you people just want to find something to complain about.

PS there is a link on the top right of JI on EVERY forum page that takes you to draft insider. Also most browsers if you just start typing "dr" will remember that you went to the site and you can go straight to the forum. Sooth will be adding the link soon enough anyway so you don't even have to do that...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4367310]Not true. The reason we created a draft forum was due to people complaining of draft stuff clogging the main board.

Btw: a link will soon be on the landing strip where the old draft forum was.[/QUOTE]

looking forwards to that.

If we're already signed in here, Sooth, will the link keep us logged in on the other site as well?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4367325]looking forwards to that.

If we're already signed in here, Sooth, will the link keep us logged in on the other site as well?[/QUOTE]
    Yes it will.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4367290]This thread is hysterically pathetic.

It takes 10 seconds to get from this board to draft insider.

The nancying in here is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
    Are you still campaigning?:cool:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    as Jets fans....we should ALL hate the draft....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lolepop;4367472]as Jets fans....we should ALL hate the draft....[/QUOTE]

I look at it like this. If my team take a TE instead of a DT like Sapp I'd rather know it was a bad pick. Last year I heard all those Eagles fans try to spinn taking a 26 year old G in the 1st and I found great humor in it. The drama and reality of the draft is pure gold IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of this, just my 2 cents.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO guys, Sooth is allowing you to be on here. He doesn't have to let anyone post on here except the select few. He decides what goes on in this place. It's kind of a respect thing when you say something blows that he puts time and effort in.