Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Jets Jersey Purchases

All Pro
    Vilma, Abe and Leon....all good players who were traded soon after I bought the jerseys. My last jersey is a Harris authentic. And I mean literally it'll be my last. I decided that I've outgrown jerseys since I'm in my forties now. I did buy a sweet green Mangold 74 t-shirt though.

All League
    Ochocinco Pats Jersey
    Len Bias Celtics Jersey

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A friend of mine purchased an authentic Leon Johnson #32 (white) jersey after the 1998 season.

I maintain it is the single worst jersey purchase in Jets history, and probably why poor Leon shredded his knee and only played in 4 games over two seasons for the team after it was purchased.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    You bought her jersey?
    I wonder where she is now! whateva became of her? she just!...I dunno!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    A friend of mine purchased an authentic Leon Johnson #32 (white) jersey after the 1998 season.

I maintain it is the single worst jersey purchase in Jets history, and probably why poor Leon shredded his knee and only played in 4 games over two seasons for the team after it was purchased.

Man he was explosive. Like most Jets fans, will mostly remember him for that insane HB pass in the finale against Det in '97. Who am I to question the Tuna but with the playoffs on the line, win or go home, you ask your rookie 3rd down back to throw it...in the crowded red zone?

#56 Vernon Gholston purchased soon after the draft, no need for me to explain anymore. Now just waiting for our a new star LB come a long so I can change the nameplate on the back.

Ughhh... I had to wear a Favre Jersey. I don't own/typically wear jerseys, but the wife and kids do. Got the wife a Favre Jersey (when it seemed appropriate) and she already has a Chrebet jersey. We went to a game last year, and the kids wanted us to all wear our jerseys. Wife busts out the Chrebet jersey and hands me the #4. Didn't have it in me to say no to the kids, so I'm the loser who showed up with one on.

Favre and Sanchez by far. I gave away my Pennington jersey.

My favorite one is still Curtis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Browning f*cking Nagle

(actually...I LOVE that jersey)

I'm sorry, but buying Favre jersey was just a stupid waste of money. You knew he'd be with Jets for just a year or maybe two. And you knew that when once retired he wouldn't be considered a Jet, after starring for the Packers for so many years.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Man he was explosive. Like most Jets fans, will mostly remember him for that insane HB pass in the finale against Det in '97. Who am I to question the Tuna but with the playoffs on the line, win or go home, you ask your rookie 3rd down back to throw it...in the crowded red zone?
    Probably Parcells' worst game as a HC. They were too close to run that play. (Even if that wasn't an INT, the Lion was laying out of bounds when he caught the ball)

Worse however, were the Ray Lucas plays, taking O'Donnell out.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    I'm sorry, but buying Favre jersey was just a stupid waste of money. You knew he'd be with Jets for just a year or maybe two. And you knew that when once retired he wouldn't be considered a Jet, after starring for the Packers for so many years.
    The best is the guys at the games with the Titans Favre jerseys. Double douche...

My jersey progression ensured that I never had one longer than a year:

John Abraham (final year w/Jets, sits out playoff game vs. Steelers)
    Jonathan Vilma
    Kerry Rhodes
    James Ihedigbo (custom jersey)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I have a Favre jersey. I knew it would probably be a waste but I didn't realize what a massive epic ****ing fail it would truly turn into.

I have a Curtis Martin authentic, and my favorite is a Vinny T authentic. He was my favorite player when I was younger. I still wear it to every game I go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I got my Kerry Rhodes and Jon McGraw jerseys.

My nephew has a Kellen Clemens jersey. That was his first jersey, he was 6 at the time, that's unfortunate. I think he got a Kris Jenkins jersey since then.
    Is he taller then Clemens now?

Keyshawn
    Vilma
    Santana Moss
    Farve
    Braylon Edwards - thought we were keeping him

my favorite horrible purchases

Jamarcus Russel Authentic - 9$ on ebay
    Steve McNair Ravens Jersey - cheap reebok replica that was purchased right before he passed away

Ty Law Jets Jersey.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Probably Parcells' worst game as a HC. They were too close to run that play. (Even if that wasn't an INT, the Lion was laying out of bounds when he caught the ball)

Worse however, were the Ray Lucas plays, taking O'Donnell out.

Agree with everything you said. What a crushing, crushing loss.

Ron Faurot

He owns a bar in Grapevine Texas that a buddy brought me too when I was in the area. Has a lot of Jets stuffs all over.

Talk about a "BUST"
    Right up there with Gholston

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    The best is the guys at the games with the Titans Favre jerseys. Double douche...