Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Jets Jersey Purchases

Jets Insider VIP
    Last edited by jetstream23; 02-14-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The only two jerseys I own are Namath and Curtis Martin. A HOFer and a soon-to-be HOFer. I try to get guys who you know will be looked back upon as great Jets. Current guys fitting that mold look to be Mangold, D'Brick and probably Revis. Sanchez is a little iffy right now but I'm hopeful....if only because there are few other Jet QB jerseys you can wear with serious pride....It's probably Namath, O'Brien, Pennington...in that order, but after Namath it's just iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    Santana Moss, Abraham, Pennington, Leon Washington. All fails.
    I own 2 Santana Moss jerseys and 2 Leon Washington jerseys (home and away of both). I wouldn't all them wastes though, although it would have been nice if they stayed on the team longer. I bought my Leon Washington White Authentic jersey after he returned a kick for a TD in week 2 of preseason against the Redskins, just had a good feeling about him.

Rookie
    I should have stopped buying jerseys after Nameth and Martin!
    But I didn't!
    Had to have a Pennington, Farve, Gholston, and.........Sanchez.
    Time to quit buying Jerseys!

Practice Squad
    I have a ty law jersey as well, but I always liked him as a player(even if he played for the patsies) so I had to seize the opportunity when he came to the jets.

I really don't understand all the hate for Pennington. I bought my son his Jersey and I don't regret it at all. We did have some great moments with him (remember how he demolished the Packers to get us in the playoffs against Favre and then he demolished Manning and the Colts even worse in the playoffs). He just got hurt too much and lost his effectiveness but he was a gamer, had great game intelligence and gave 100% while he was here. As I often say when people call him noodle arm.....that noodle arm was good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL for a number of years and reached the playoffs a decent percentage of his playing time while the name callers are posting on an internet message board. Go figure....talk about people in glass houses.

Been sporting #7 Vick on Jersey's since his last year in jail But now that he's turned so whiney I think I'll switch to Newton this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AzJetFan View Post
    I should have stopped buying jerseys after Nameth and Martin!
    But I didn't!
    Had to have a Pennington, Farve, Gholston, and.........Sanchez.
    Time to quit buying Jerseys!
    I have way to many,
    Namath, Boomer, O Brien, Pennington, Vinny T, Farve ( always liked him) Sanchez,
    Johnny Johnson, Leon, Martin, Greene,
    Keyshawn, Moss, Moore,Coles, Edwards,
    Klecko, Lageman, Abe, Ellis,
    Lewis, Vilma, Scott,
    Hasty, Lott, A Glenn, Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    I have way to many,
    Namath, Boomer, O Brien, Pennington, Vinny T, Farve ( always liked him) Sanchez,
    Johnny Johnson, Leon, Martin, Greene,
    Keyshawn, Moss, Moore,Coles, Edwards,
    Klecko, Lageman, Abe, Ellis,
    Lewis, Vilma, Scott,
    Hasty, Lott, A Glenn, Revis
    has the plane to Ethiopia with PATS SB gear left yet? perhaps you can put some on that plane.

I own a Namath white and a green. A member ofmour club bought be a BRICK jersey which I am thrilled with but no more jerseys for me.

All League
    Only bought one Jets jersey to this point. Snagged a Revis one in '08.

I'm satisfied with that for now.

I was given a Pennington jersey for my birthday in '06.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Well.. let's see...

In 1993 I purchased an official Jeff Lageman jersey. He soon left for Jacksonville.

In 2007 I purchased a Kerry Rhodes jersey. I have since burned it.

Since then, it's been the cheap Chinese knockoffs for me, and even then my luck has followed me - my first two purchased were Shonn Greene in 2010 and Nick Mangold two week prior to his injury this season.
    Lageman was my favorite player as a teenager. He remimded me of that nasty LB we needed. I had an authentic that he signed for me after a game.

All Pro
    Kyle Brady was drafted and he was supposed to be the next Mark Bvaro. I go out and buy 2 at Modells. His rookie year he wore #81. I had one to wear and one to get signed. He signed one after a game. He seemed so beat his rookie year.

Next season he changes to #88. No big deal. For Chirtsmas that year me and my pops got a ton of jerseys. And yes one of them is a #88 Brady. Only now he is gone after the next season I believe.

I have a Pennington ... gonna keep that for when he becomes a coach one day.

Back when I was little I had a Toon and an O'Brien. Not bad. And a Marvin Jones FSU jersey.

If I ever get a jersey again (almost 100 percent sure I won't), it will be a custom made one from a former player. Maybe Freeman McNeil or someone like Bob Crable. one of those guys from the 80s jets

WORST
    1. Favre (by a mile)
    2. Vilma
    3. Coles (just cause I got it too late and didn't get a ton of wear out of it)
    ** I never got one but any Titans of NY jerseys. Why would you wanna wear that?

BEST
    1. Revis
    2. Chrebet
    3. Pennington (yeah he disappointed at the end but he had his moments and it lasted awhile

Ty Law..lol

I would check all NFL sites for cheap jerseys. Most teams are going to have to sell their reebok stuff and the jets had 50% all their jerseys and i picked up a few pretty cheap and they are real. I can't stand buying the bootleg ones from weiketrade .even it's awesome as well , i don't know why but it just bothers me.i have bought my revis authentic one . seems great.

Quote Originally Posted by lolepop View Post
    I know...but I still rock my Glen Foley Jersey!!!!
    I thought I was the only one to buy a Foley Jersey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Through the years I've had:

1. Green Keyshawn Johnson
    2. White Curtis Martin
    3. Green Bryan Cox
    4. White Kevin Mawae
    5. Green Kerry Rhodes
    6. Green Kris Jenkins
    7. Green Darelle Revis
    8. Authentic Throwback Joe Klecko

I think my next will be a white Mangold or white David Harris.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I had a Marvin Jones #54 Jersey.

He eventually changed to #55.

Denis Byrd, Mickey Shuler, Justin Mccarines and Leon Washighnton. I have a Keller one for the last 2 years, probably be traded.