Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers might be letting go of Hines Ward

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4367345]Signing Ward would be like the Glen Sather Syndrome (which he has since cured). Signing has-been stars as if they were in their prime who just can't do it anymore.[/QUOTE]

YOUTH.......not aging players. ALL teams that have won since we haven't follow this trait. Go Rangers. Go Jets.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4367479][IMG]http://korana.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/128011579_4dff55c248.jpg?w=495&h=371[/IMG][/QUOTE]

lol. :D

We already have one great leader who cant play in Wayne Hunter. Why do you want another one?

[QUOTE=BX Jet Fan;4367517]We already have one great leader who cant play in Wayne Hunter. Why do you want another one?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DeOGxaSZKqU/TpKu0O0MjJI/AAAAAAAAAVs/nJf426bn3Ik/s1600/confused.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Leaders on teams are the guys who bleed their teams colors.

Not those who sign just to get a check. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/7/9/G/2/obama-dumb-and-dumber.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend

Hines Ward being released...

Breaking..

wow

Too Old/slow not a good fit. (preemptive "sign this beast" strike)

[URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241588&highlight=Hines+Ward"]Jetsinsider Thread dedicated to whether or not Hines Ward should be signed by the Jets[/URL]

Everything that will be discussed (again) is in that thread.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Before the subject is even broached....

[B][SIZE=5]NO.[/SIZE][/B]

Who's Hines ward?

On a more serious note...damn. I liked being able to make that whole "a roethlisberger needs his hines ketchup" joke.

We better NOT bring him in.

He can keep dancing and making cheap shots elsewhere

All League
    He'll retire. Or he should retire.[QUOTE]ProFootballFocus.com
    16 of Ward's 46 recs last season came behind the LOS. Steelers were helping him to 1k [receptions], but he's probably done as a WR.

Also, it's not like Hines was doing anything with those bubble screens. Averaged 3.8 YPC on those 16 recs behind the line.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380205]Before the subject is even broached....

[B][SIZE=5]NO.[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

you beat me to it. :D

here's some extra info on the release.

[QUOTE]Steelers released WR Hines Ward.

A 14-year Steeler, four-time Pro Bowler, and the franchise's all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns, Ward's separation skills have vanished and he is no longer quick enough to be a productive slot receiver. The Steelers may have considered trying to redo Ward's contract because of his decorated history, but ultimately the opportunity to keep Mike Wallace ranked much higher on the organization's priorities. At age 36, Ward will struggle to generate interest on the open market. He may have to settle for a one-year contract for the veteran's minimum in order to keep playing football.[/QUOTE]

I think Hines will probably call it a career. I'd hate to see him sign on elsewhere only to have a lackluster season or two, I hate when guys do that. Which is why I was so happy Bettis went out a Steeler. Hines has his rings, now sail off into the sunset.

While I'm obviously not a Steeler fan, I'd like to say thank you Hines. You were a real staple in the NFL for many years and a hell of a player in your prime.

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4380244]He can keep dancing and making cheap shots elsewhere[/QUOTE]

whatever dude. Hines Ward was a great receiver in his prime and a hell of a competitor...

Hall Of Fame
    How is this surprising? This move has been in the making for months.

Not a surprise at all. What did surprise me was the rumour about Mendy, if that guy gets releasead we should sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Silva;4380259]Not a surprise at all. What did surprise me was the rumour about [B]Mendy, if that guy gets releasead we should sign him.[/B][/QUOTE]

He tore his ACL on January 1 and most likely won't even be ready for training camp. No thanks. He's not all that special to begin with.