Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you take vitamins? If so, what kind and do you like them?

Jets Insider VIP

Do you take vitamins? If so, what kind and do you like them?

The vitamins.

Who has them?

Jets Insider VIP
    Is vitamins a metaphor?

Always took a multivitamin.

Have recently started to take Vit C about 3 times a day for a total of 1500mg. Lots of interesting studies/claims on Vit C that I wasn't aware of before. Apparently, the RDA of 90mg for Vit C is just to keep the scurvy away, not to keep you healthy.

Just picked up some milk thistle. Got a bit of a fatty liver and I'm trying to bring that back in order. I gather this is the stuff to help get it done. Well...aside from laying off the alcohol, wings, bbq, and pastries.

Just eat some candy bars, you'll be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4367402]Is vitamins a metaphor?[/QUOTE]

For the purposes of this thread, no.

I'm taking GNC Mega Men now as a multi. Also started taking Omega-3 fish oil in the form of Mega Red.

I think those are the only two things I need or really should be taking. If you have a good, well-balanced diet they say you don't really need a multi-vitamin but I don't always have a chance to eat well throughout the course of a day or a week. And, I've heard good things about GNC Mega Men versus others but I'm interested in opinions.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4367567]For the purposes of this thread, no.

I'm taking GNC Mega Men now as a multi. Also started taking Omega-3 fish oil in the form of Mega Red.

I think those are the only two things I need or really should be taking. If you have a good, well-balanced diet they say you don't really need a multi-vitamin but I don't always have a chance to eat well throughout the course of a day or a week. And, I've heard good things about GNC Mega Men versus others but I'm interested in opinions.[/QUOTE]

Same here..GNC mega, fish oil and a baby aspirin pretty much daily.

Flintstones.

I like the purple Dinos.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4367567]For the purposes of this thread, no.

I think those are the only two things I need or really should be taking. If you have a good, well-balanced diet they say you don't really need a multi-vitamin but I don't always have a chance to eat well throughout the course of a day or a week. And, I've heard good things about GNC Mega Men versus others but I'm interested in opinions.[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sold on multi-vitamins.

Portion control, fruit, vegetables and juice IMO is the way to go. Something as simple as an apple has more vitamins and anti-oxidants in the right amounts than any pressed pill churning from a factory.

And like the old adage says..."breakfast is the most important meal of the day". After you sleep for 5-8 hours, your body naturally goes into starvation mode. When you wake up and consume either nothing or coffee and a donut, you do you body a disfavor. A good bowl of cereal, juice and a piece of fruit is the best thing you can do.

It's how I stay healthy in spite of my copious drinking and illegal drug use. :D

That and V8. That stuff is awesome.

Stictly generics for me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4367593]I'm not entirely sold on multi-vitamins.

Portion control, fruit, vegetables and juice IMO is the way to go. Something as simple as an apple has more vitamins and anti-oxidants in the right amounts than any pressed pill churning from a factory.

And like the old adage says..."breakfast is the most important meal of the day". After you sleep for 5-8 hours, your body naturally goes into starvation mode. When you wake up and consume either nothing or coffee and a donut, you do you body a disfavor. A good bowl of cereal, juice and a piece of fruit is the best thing you can do.

It's how I stay healthy in spite of my copious drinking and illegal drug use. :D

That and V8. That stuff is awesome.[/QUOTE]

+1000, good call

Just take generics.

I take vitamin B complex for energy with zinc. Stresstabs is the best brand i have taken. last time i bought was in bed bath and beyond you can find them in a lot of stores. They keep a lot longer then most B complex and have less after taste.

Hall Of Fame
    I take Animal Pak and Flaxseed Oil

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4367393]The vitamins.

Who has them?[/QUOTE]

BJ's generic (Berkely & Jenson). I only take them for the Lucopin (sp?) which my eye doctor recommend I do. Something about staring at interwebz message boards for half my life. :eek:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;4367728]Just take generics.[/QUOTE]

This. You're going to piss away most of what you take so it might as well be the cheapest ones you can buy.

All League
    Take a vit D supplement. Many new studies are saying vit D also helps the immune system.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good stuff, PK.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4367593]I'm not entirely sold on multi-vitamins.

That and V8. That stuff is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Omega, multi for men, ginko biloba, red ginseng, garlic, DHEA

All Pro
    Handfuls every day along with supplements.

Jets Insider VIP
    Any knee vitamin recommendations for Fish?