Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you take vitamins? If so, what kind and do you like them?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you take vitamins? If so, what kind and do you like them?

The vitamins.

Who has them?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is vitamins a metaphor?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always took a multivitamin.

Have recently started to take Vit C about 3 times a day for a total of 1500mg. Lots of interesting studies/claims on Vit C that I wasn't aware of before. Apparently, the RDA of 90mg for Vit C is just to keep the scurvy away, not to keep you healthy.

Just picked up some milk thistle. Got a bit of a fatty liver and I'm trying to bring that back in order. I gather this is the stuff to help get it done. Well...aside from laying off the alcohol, wings, bbq, and pastries.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just eat some candy bars, you'll be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4367402]Is vitamins a metaphor?[/QUOTE]

For the purposes of this thread, no.

I'm taking GNC Mega Men now as a multi. Also started taking Omega-3 fish oil in the form of Mega Red.

I think those are the only two things I need or really should be taking. If you have a good, well-balanced diet they say you don't really need a multi-vitamin but I don't always have a chance to eat well throughout the course of a day or a week. And, I've heard good things about GNC Mega Men versus others but I'm interested in opinions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4367567]For the purposes of this thread, no.

I'm taking GNC Mega Men now as a multi. Also started taking Omega-3 fish oil in the form of Mega Red.

I think those are the only two things I need or really should be taking. If you have a good, well-balanced diet they say you don't really need a multi-vitamin but I don't always have a chance to eat well throughout the course of a day or a week. And, I've heard good things about GNC Mega Men versus others but I'm interested in opinions.[/QUOTE]

Same here..GNC mega, fish oil and a baby aspirin pretty much daily.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flintstones.

I like the purple Dinos.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4367567]For the purposes of this thread, no.

I think those are the only two things I need or really should be taking. If you have a good, well-balanced diet they say you don't really need a multi-vitamin but I don't always have a chance to eat well throughout the course of a day or a week. And, I've heard good things about GNC Mega Men versus others but I'm interested in opinions.[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sold on multi-vitamins.

Portion control, fruit, vegetables and juice IMO is the way to go. Something as simple as an apple has more vitamins and anti-oxidants in the right amounts than any pressed pill churning from a factory.

And like the old adage says..."breakfast is the most important meal of the day". After you sleep for 5-8 hours, your body naturally goes into starvation mode. When you wake up and consume either nothing or coffee and a donut, you do you body a disfavor. A good bowl of cereal, juice and a piece of fruit is the best thing you can do.

It's how I stay healthy in spite of my copious drinking and illegal drug use. :D

That and V8. That stuff is awesome.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stictly generics for me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4367593]I'm not entirely sold on multi-vitamins.

Portion control, fruit, vegetables and juice IMO is the way to go. Something as simple as an apple has more vitamins and anti-oxidants in the right amounts than any pressed pill churning from a factory.

And like the old adage says..."breakfast is the most important meal of the day". After you sleep for 5-8 hours, your body naturally goes into starvation mode. When you wake up and consume either nothing or coffee and a donut, you do you body a disfavor. A good bowl of cereal, juice and a piece of fruit is the best thing you can do.

It's how I stay healthy in spite of my copious drinking and illegal drug use. :D

That and V8. That stuff is awesome.[/QUOTE]

+1000, good call

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just take generics.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take vitamin B complex for energy with zinc. Stresstabs is the best brand i have taken. last time i bought was in bed bath and beyond you can find them in a lot of stores. They keep a lot longer then most B complex and have less after taste.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take Animal Pak and Flaxseed Oil

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4367393]The vitamins.

Who has them?[/QUOTE]

BJ's generic (Berkely & Jenson). I only take them for the Lucopin (sp?) which my eye doctor recommend I do. Something about staring at interwebz message boards for half my life. :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4367728]Just take generics.[/QUOTE]

This. You're going to piss away most of what you take so it might as well be the cheapest ones you can buy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a vit D supplement. Many new studies are saying vit D also helps the immune system.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff, PK.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4367593]I'm not entirely sold on multi-vitamins.

That and V8. That stuff is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Omega, multi for men, ginko biloba, red ginseng, garlic, DHEA

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Handfuls every day along with supplements.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any knee vitamin recommendations for Fish?