Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you take vitamins? If so, what kind and do you like them?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4368087]Any knee vitamin recommendations for Fish?[/QUOTE]

Fish? Drink lots of water.

gnc is good...........

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4367567]For the purposes of this thread, no.

I'm taking GNC Mega Men now as a multi. Also started taking Omega-3 fish oil in the form of Mega Red.

I think those are the only two things I need or really should be taking. If you have a good, well-balanced diet they say you don't really need a multi-vitamin but I don't always have a chance to eat well throughout the course of a day or a week. And, I've heard good things about GNC Mega Men versus others but I'm interested in opinions.[/QUOTE]

one of the best is amway's vitamins but are expensive. i just started my wife and i on puritan prides, mega vita, milk thistle, co-q10, c-w/rose hip, enzyme for the intestinal tract, and omega fish oil. because of the natural ingredients they use. dont buy one a day or centrum they are a waste of money. consumer reports did a great article on vitamins and said that. grape seed extracts is very good and is becoming very popular but with fame comes the high cost. go on line and their is a recent article on the most important vitamins to use and there is two doctors and their product they push but once again its very costly.

The 5 Most Important Supplements by jim healthy - healthy living couldnt hyper link it.
    Last edited by kennesawjet; 02-13-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4368093]Fish? Drink lots of water.[/QUOTE]

If he takes Omega-3 fish oil is that cannibalism?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4367593]I'm not entirely sold on multi-vitamins.

Portion control, fruit, vegetables and juice IMO is the way to go. Something as simple as an apple has more vitamins and anti-oxidants in the right amounts than any pressed pill churning from a factory.

And like the old adage says..."breakfast is the most important meal of the day". After you sleep for 5-8 hours, your body naturally goes into starvation mode. When you wake up and consume either nothing or coffee and a donut, you do you body a disfavor. A good bowl of cereal, juice and a piece of fruit is the best thing you can do.

It's how I stay healthy in spite of my copious drinking and illegal drug use. :D

[B]That and V8. [/B] That stuff is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I forced myself to like it for the sake of bloody marys. They seemed like too good an idea to pass up.

Get the low sodium kind though - there is a ridiculous amount of sodium in tomato juice and V-8.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4368108]If he takes Omega-3 fish oil is that cannibalism?[/QUOTE]

eewwww! :D

multi-vitamin, fish oil, calcium (womenz' bones more brittle than mans), glucosamine chondroitin (everyone I know who takes it says it helps with joints, especially knees)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4367593]I'm not entirely sold on multi-vitamins.

Portion control, fruit, vegetables and juice IMO is the way to go. Something as simple as an apple has more vitamins and anti-oxidants in the right amounts than any pressed pill churning from a factory.

And like the old adage says..."breakfast is the most important meal of the day". After you sleep for 5-8 hours, your body naturally goes into starvation mode. When you wake up and consume either nothing or coffee and a donut, you do you body a disfavor. A good bowl of cereal, juice and a piece of fruit is the best thing you can do.

It's how I stay healthy in spite of my copious drinking and illegal drug use. :D

That and V8. That stuff is awesome.[/QUOTE]
    Says the tattooed Metalhead. :rolleyes:

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Since joining the ranks of old geezers here, I've been taking the Walgreen's equivalent of Centrum Silver for Old Mother****ers. As per my doctor.... :(

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I take the Nordic Naturals Omega 3, it's highly rated, and the multi I take, I can't think of the name, but it is also all natural so it absorbs into your system better. I'll post the name later when I get home.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4368136]Says the tattooed Metalhead. :rolleyes:

:D[/QUOTE]

:P

The best piece of exercise equipment I have is the pull out sofabed in the living room. lolz...

Jets Insider VIP

I'm taking GNC Mega Men now as a multi. Also started taking Omega-3 fish oil in the form of Mega Red.

I think those are the only two things I need or really should be taking. If you have a good, well-balanced diet they say you don't really need a multi-vitamin but I don't always have a chance to eat well throughout the course of a day or a week. And, I've heard good things about GNC Mega Men versus others but I'm interested in opinions.[/QUOTE]

That's what I take, the 'Sport' version. I also take fish oil everyday. I'd like to add a baby aspirin like CPA, but unfortunately my ulcers don't allow for them.

BTW, if you check slickdeals.net, you'll see the GNC vitamins offered pretty often at $10 a bottle.

Hall Of Fame
    Why do some of you guys take aspirin daily? Is it for your heart? What is it supposed to do for you?

I would like to know for the future b.c my heart is most likely damaged from recreational drug use. LOL. Although the flaxseed oil I take is supposed to help with that.

I take Vitamin B-12, Omega 3 Fish Oil, Calcium, Vitamin D. I have a broken ankle....:D

check out [url]http://www.puritan.com/[/url] . That is Vitamin World's mail order catalog, same products, just much cheaper. Can get any puritan brand vitamin for buy 2 get 3 free.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4368350]Why do some of you guys take aspirin daily?.[/QUOTE]

Please see Valentines thread.

-

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4368350]Why do some of you guys take aspirin daily? Is it for your heart? What is it supposed to do for you?

I would like to know for the future b.c my heart is most likely damaged from recreational drug use. LOL. Although the flaxseed oil I take is supposed to help with that.[/QUOTE]

Studies say it helps you survive your first heart attack. So if you have already had that don't bother :rolleyes:

Multi-Vitamin, without Iron
    Olympian Labs Antarctic Krill Oil
    CoQ10 (100mg)
    Plant Sterols
    Resveratrol (100mg)
    Saw Palmetto (320mg)
    Barlean's Highest Lignan Flax Oil (1 Tbls./daily)

Selenium (lower cancer rates for people who take selinum daily)
    Chromium
    CoQ 10
    Omega 3 Fish oil (at least 3X per day)
    No-flush Niacin (very important for those of usa with high cholesterol)
    Lysine
    Vitamin C (2000 mg daily 1000 in the am and 1000 in the pm) use only timed-release otherwise most gets urinated out.
    + a potent multi.
    81mg aspirin as ordered by my MD
    all this along with my cholesterol medicine... Crestor.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4373092]Multi-Vitamin, without Iron
    Olympian Labs Antarctic Krill Oil
    CoQ10 (100mg)
    Plant Sterols
    Resveratrol (100mg)
    Saw Palmetto (320mg)
    Barlean's Highest Lignan Flax Oil (1 Tbls./daily)[/QUOTE]

Smart, nice line-up there.

Is your CoQ10 ubiquinone or ubiquinol? If its the "none" variety you're most likely throwing out money due to the amount of absorption.

Also, you might think about adding a supplement that cleanses your Liver daily, most people have no idea how important that is. Even if you don't drink, doesn't matter. The older we get; the insane amount of toxins in our environment is almost too much to ask for anyones liver.

[QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4373291]Smart, nice line-up there.

I[B]s your CoQ10 ubiquinone or ubiquinol?[/B] If its the "none" variety you're most likely throwing out money due to the amount of absorption.

Also, you might think about adding a supplement that cleanses your Liver daily, most people have no idea how important that is. Even if you don't drink, doesn't matter. The older we get; the insane amount of toxins in our environment is almost too much to ask for anyones liver.[/QUOTE]

Ubiquinone. Other than the Barlean's Flax Oil, which I buy at Mrs. Green's, I have been getting all my supplements through Swanson Health Products for over 10 years. The quality, price, and service are exceptional.

What liver supplement do you recommend? Tumeric? NAC? TMG?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4368087]Any knee vitamin recommendations for Fish?[/QUOTE]

Calcium, vitamin d and fish oil.