Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you take vitamins? If so, what kind and do you like them?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4368350]Why do some of you guys take aspirin daily? Is it for your heart? What is it supposed to do for you?

I would like to know for the future b.c my heart is most likely damaged from recreational drug use. LOL. Although the flaxseed oil I take is supposed to help with that.[/QUOTE]

Aspirin (acetimenophen) is a blood thinner. Thinning your blood enhances circulation which in turn reduces risk of heart attack and/or stroke. Ozzy Osbourne takes a baby aspirin everyday. Don't laugh but when people ask "how is he stil alive" that's part of the reason why.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flintstones chewables :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4373395]Aspirin (acetimenophen) is a blood thinner. Thinning your blood enhances circulation which in turn reduces risk of heart attack and/or stroke. Ozzy Osbourne takes a baby aspirin everyday. Don't laugh but when people ask "how is he stil alive" that's part of the reason why.[/QUOTE]

acetominophen is not aspirin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4373425]acetominophen is not aspirin.[/QUOTE]

My bad it's tylenol. Aspirin is a blood thinner however.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4373313]Ubiquinone. Other than the Barlean's Flax Oil, which I buy at Mrs. Green's, I have been getting all my supplements through Swanson Health Products for over 10 years. The quality, price, and service are exceptional.

What liver supplement do you recommend? Tumeric? NAC? TMG?[/QUOTE]

I made the same mistake with the ubiquinone. They take pennies worth of it and sell it for dollars and use fancy terminology while they do it. This guy Sears is a genius, in my opinion, he worked with the inventor of the process that creates ubiquinol from Japan, give it a try, I think you'll feel the difference, if not, money back. Every company I get supplements from has to provide that guarantee or I won't buy from them. Not for the money, but knowing they could never stay in business offering that.

The right form of CoQ10 (ubiquinol) has been documented to practically cure some people with Congestive Heart Failure who couldn't walk 10 feet. It's what makes you feel like you can run through 10 brick walls when you're 20, but as you age it gets more and more depleted. If a doctor gives you a Statin it will practically wipe out all that remains. In fact it's said that it is almost criminal for a doctor to prescribe someone a statin without advising on ubiquinol...but guess what , almost none of them study it, and they almost all toe the company line, "Supplements are either garbage, turn into expensive urine", or "We don't know what they'll do to you, they can be very dangerous"...when if you took the #1 biochemist in the world and asked him what the hell is going on in someone's body who takes more than 2 pharmaceutical drugs...if he's honest, he'd tell you,"I don't know"...and how many people in this country are taking 17,18 pharma drugs per day?

[url]http://www.primalforce.net/catalog/products/accel.html[/url]

For the liver....I did a couple of liver cleanses where I did a juice fast and I actually froze haha as the toxins were dumping out of my liver. I read that it's better to do something more gentle and I'm all for that...those were no fun. I think this is a good product, I take it everyday. Once this guy gets your email he'll send you lots of specials...lots of times 50-70% Off...so you can just start out buying 1 product and wait for the specials to come your way....again..this guy has a money-back guarantee.

[url]http://www.truehealth.com/p-7-liver-kidney-cleanse.aspx[/url]

On another topic, did you know that if you got yourself some Organic (has to be Organic) Cottage Cheese and blended it with your Flax Oil (that's an excellent one, I use the same) and some distilled water and you drink it immediately after blending you oxygenate every cell in your body? Cancer, supposedly can not survive in any oxygenated environment.

Last but not least for today...watch this movie and send it to all your loved ones....our country was sold out decades ago, you have Big Agri and Big Food working hand in hand destroying the health of the country for profit. Either educate yourself or die.

How come when you were a kid there was only 1 fat kid in the class? I see people with legs growing out of their knees as they try to waddle down the street, like out of science fiction...I think it's all from eating these NON-foods (man-made) that are sold.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRw3mOatok&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    2- FoodScience Men's Superior Multiple Vitamins
    1- C-1000 plus Biolavonoids
    1- Selenium 200 mcg
    2- Barlean's Highest Lignan Flax Oil, 1,000 mg softgel
    1-Panax Ginseng, 520 mg
    1- CoQ10 Gels, 100 mg
    1- Ecotrin Asprin, 81 mg
    26 grams of Whey Protein

I also eat probably 2-4 pieces of fruit every day. Prefer that to sweets, desserts. Honey Crisp Apple every morning, California Navel Oranges mid-afternoon, grapefruit at night, fresh lime juice in my water everyday.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used GNC products for years. Biggest waste of money. Then switched to Vitamin World. No difference in their multivitamins. Again, imo, biggest waste of money. While I admit I only get 3/4 hours sleep most nights, the mulitvitamins did not help me.

What works best for me is exercising and, believe it or not, drinking at least 100 oz of water a day and a good diet that includes oatmeal (use fruit instead of sugar) for breakfast and green leafy veggies for dinner. The water keeps me hydrated not to mention that my urine is very clear. One other thing, stay away from alcoholic beverages. Not good for the internal organs, especially the liver, and your overall health. But if you must have a drink for social reasons, a glass of wine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daily multi vitamin, CLA and some protein powder. That's all you really need. The multi vitamin is key tho. If anything take that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Optygen
    GNC Sport Multivitamin
    Fish Oil
    Glucosamine/Chondroiton
    Lecithin
    Piracetam
    Fish Oil
    Calcium + Vit D
    Glutamine

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    GNC Sport multi
    L-Glutamine
    Arginine
    Fish Oil
    Omega Complex

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4373450]I made the same mistake with the ubiquinone. They take pennies worth of it and sell it for dollars and use fancy terminology while they do it. This guy Sears is a genius, in my opinion, he worked with the inventor of the process that creates ubiquinol from Japan, give it a try, I think you'll feel the difference, if not, money back. Every company I get supplements from has to provide that guarantee or I won't buy from them. Not for the money, but knowing they could never stay in business offering that.

The right form of CoQ10 (ubiquinol) has been documented to practically cure some people with Congestive Heart Failure who couldn't walk 10 feet. It's what makes you feel like you can run through 10 brick walls when you're 20, but as you age it gets more and more depleted. If a doctor gives you a Statin it will practically wipe out all that remains. In fact it's said that it is almost criminal for a doctor to prescribe someone a statin without advising on ubiquinol...but guess what , almost none of them study it, and they almost all toe the company line, "Supplements are either garbage, turn into expensive urine", or "We don't know what they'll do to you, they can be very dangerous"...when if you took the #1 biochemist in the world and asked him what the hell is going on in someone's body who takes more than 2 pharmaceutical drugs...if he's honest, he'd tell you,"I don't know"...and how many people in this country are taking 17,18 pharma drugs per day?

[url]http://www.primalforce.net/catalog/products/accel.html[/url]

For the liver....I did a couple of liver cleanses where I did a juice fast and I actually froze haha as the toxins were dumping out of my liver. I read that it's better to do something more gentle and I'm all for that...those were no fun. I think this is a good product, I take it everyday. Once this guy gets your email he'll send you lots of specials...lots of times 50-70% Off...so you can just start out buying 1 product and wait for the specials to come your way....again..this guy has a money-back guarantee.

[url]http://www.truehealth.com/p-7-liver-kidney-cleanse.aspx[/url]

On another topic, did you know that if you got yourself some Organic (has to be Organic) Cottage Cheese and blended it with your Flax Oil (that's an excellent one, I use the same) and some distilled water and you drink it immediately after blending you oxygenate every cell in your body? Cancer, supposedly can not survive in any oxygenated environment.

Last but not least for today...watch this movie and send it to all your loved ones....our country was sold out decades ago, you have Big Agri and Big Food working hand in hand destroying the health of the country for profit. Either educate yourself or die.

How come when you were a kid there was only 1 fat kid in the class? I see people with legs growing out of their knees as they try to waddle down the street, like out of science fiction...I think it's all from eating these NON-foods (man-made) that are sold.

[/QUOTE]

Phenomenal post and information. We see the world, and especially the medical establishment, much in the same way. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only when doing sports.

30g Whey daily
    Calcium + Magnesium in my water at sports

Apart from that I try to eat and live healthy. Smoking a corncob pipe and drinking alcohol maximum twice a month. That's it.
    Last edited by Green + White; 02-22-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4373450]I made the same mistake with the ubiquinone. They take pennies worth of it and sell it for dollars and use fancy terminology while they do it. This guy Sears is a genius, in my opinion, he worked with the inventor of the process that creates ubiquinol from Japan, give it a try, I think you'll feel the difference, if not, money back. Every company I get supplements from has to provide that guarantee or I won't buy from them. Not for the money, but knowing they could never stay in business offering that.

[URL]http://www.primalforce.net/catalog/products/accel.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.truehealth.com/p-7-liver-kidney-cleanse.aspx[/URL]

[/QUOTE]

Great info! Thanks!

Thoughts on wheat grass? How does its purpose differ from the liver cleanse you posted?
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-22-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys who are using flax oil are missing out on one of the best benefits of flax; the fiber. Hodgson's Mill sells milled flax seed. It can usually be found in the baking aisle of your local grocery. A $3 box will last four to five months. Just add it to any food it can mix into well. I add it to my oatmeal, it can also be added to your yogurt, or smoothies, etc. One tablespoon is good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4373799]You guys who are using flax oil are missing out on one of the best benefits of flax; the fiber. Hodgson's Mill sells milled flax seed. It can usually be found in the baking aisle of your local grocery. A $3 box will last four to five months. Just add it to any food it can mix into well. I add it to my oatmeal, it can also be added to your yogurt, or smoothies, etc. One tablespoon is good.[/QUOTE]

I started using that stuff a few months ago when you suggested it for my stomach. Sh*t works great :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4373799]You guys who are using flax oil are missing out on one of the best benefits of flax; the fiber. Hodgson's Mill sells milled flax seed. It can usually be found in the baking aisle of your local grocery. A $3 box will last four to five months. Just add it to any food it can mix into well. I add it to my oatmeal, it can also be added to your yogurt, or smoothies, etc. One tablespoon is good.[/QUOTE]

I picked up this very brand 3 weeks ago on a whim. I mix it in oatmeal and smoothies, and apparently you can use it in baking in lieu of oil/fat/eggs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4373799]You guys who are using flax oil are missing out on [B]one of the best benefits of flax; the fiber[/B]. Hodgson's Mill sells milled flax seed. It can usually be found in the baking aisle of your local grocery. A $3 box will last four to five months. Just add it to any food it can mix into well. I add it to my oatmeal, it can also be added to your yogurt, or smoothies, etc. One tablespoon is good.[/QUOTE]

I've done some research on this. Getting extra fiber is awesome, of course. But the greatest health benefit comes from the flax lignan. That's why I am a daily user of this stuff in its first pressed form. Check out the whopping omega and lignan values in one tablespoon vs the soft gels.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/190/55653.jpg/][IMG]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9984/55653.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/179hlflaxoil0x0.gif/][IMG]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/258/179hlflaxoil0x0.gif[/IMG][/URL]

It's expensive, but the omega and lignan numbers are unparalleled. Plus, it's the only flax oil that I've tried with absolutely no fishy, or otherwise weird, aftertaste. You would swear it's walnut oil.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4373846]I've done some research on this. Getting extra fiber is awesome, of course. But the greatest health benefit comes from the flax lignan. That's why I am a daily user of this stuff in its first pressed form. Check out the whopping omega and lignan values in one tablespoon vs the soft gels.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/190/55653.jpg/][IMG]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9984/55653.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/179hlflaxoil0x0.gif/][IMG]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/258/179hlflaxoil0x0.gif[/IMG][/URL]

It's expensive, but the omega and lignan numbers are unparalleled. Plus, it's the only flax oil that I've tried with absolutely no fishy, or otherwise weird, aftertaste. You would swear it's walnut oil.[/QUOTE]

I take that Barlean's, but I gotta take it in the soft gel/pill form. Can't do the oil. I take 2 a day, sometimes 3.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4373872]I take that Barlean's, but I gotta take it in the soft gel/pill form. Can't do the oil. I take 2 a day, sometimes 3.

_[/QUOTE]

You're still getting massive amounts of omegas and lignan. My wife hates taking the oil. For some reason, it doesn't bother me. I really do think it tastes like walnut oil.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baby Aspirin
    Grapeseed Extract (300mg capsule 1x day)
    (5) "Fiber" capsules every night...never had a problem before but read studies that the less stuff hangs around the better.;) Said to help lower cholesteral.
    L-lysine (its an amino version of an anti- viral).