Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: President Santorum Wants You To Know...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4371921]<sigh>

[B]So...Santorum is your flavor of the month now? [/B] Have you finally gotten over your incessant guarantees that Herman Cain was gonna win the election?
    HERMAN CAIN!!

Friggin' Republicans. You crack me up.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cedk;4371864]

[B]I am not a Santorum fan.[/B] But lets not believe either bogus or misrepresenting
    story tellers[/QUOTE]

So you quote my post but conveniently(delete) leave out this statement by me
    [I am no Santorum fan] and then proceed to accuse me of being a Satorum fan.WOW
    Dude you are not losing it. Its gone.
    Any intellectual honesty try and pull yourself together.
    I tell you when someone starts lying to them self you will have serious mental issues

Veteran
    Santorum is a nut. He got run out of PA on a rail. There's no chance that he wins either election.

Also,

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4370689]Actually, if a candidate ran strictly on an anti-Ellen platform, I'd probably consider a vote for him/her. I find her extremely unfunny. [B]Someone of her fame should at least be good looking.[/B][/QUOTE]

I can't think of the best way to mock this, can someone help?

Obama is for government in every room.

Santorum has gone full blown culture war. Poor Romney can't say a damn thing about it. Santourum is just daring him to attack him for being too far right.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-21-2012 at 01:23 AM.

I wish there was a Democratic primary, or a [B]moderate to liberal[/B] third party candidate, that's how disappointed I am with Obama. And, by moderate I don't mean Ron Paul, I mean someone in the vein of Joe Lieberman.

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4372940]Santorum has gone full blown culture war. Poor Romney can't say a damn thing about it. Santourum is just daring him to attack him for being too far right.[/QUOTE]

Romney's avenue of attack on Santorum is simple. He was a part of the big government Republicanism of the Bush Era. He is on the record as a pro earmark, pro union, pro voting rights for felons, social conservative. If they are smart Romney's team will emphasise this stuff in their ads and in the upcoming debate. Santorum is the classic "family values" pushing Republican that Fiscal conservatives like myself and IMO most of the so called "right wingers" on this board loathe. He is still a better choice than Obama as far as most of his real positions on issues go but I would have to hold my nose to vote for him.

[QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4373392]I wish there was a Democratic primary, or a [B]moderate to liberal[/B] third party candidate, that's how disappointed I am with Obama. And, by moderate I don't mean Ron Paul, I mean someone in the vein of Joe Lieberman.[/QUOTE]

Joe Lieberman was kicked out of the Democratic party for not being liberal enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4373394]He is still a better choice than Obama as far as most of his real positions on issues go but I would have to hold my nose to vote for him.[/QUOTE]

I dunno.

Maybe 4 more years of Obama...in light of an election failure...will force the GOP into listening to people in your party who are more about fiscal conservatism and less about Mr. Jesus.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4373400]I dunno.

Maybe 4 more years of Obama...in light of an election failure...will force the GOP into listening to people in your party who are more about fiscal conservatism and less about Mr. Jesus.[/QUOTE]

Read any post by JSJ and you'll see why that will never happen. They prop up guys like Santorum and then when they lose to disasters like Obama, they point the finger at the moderate right for instead of realizing they've shot themselves in the foot.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4373397]Joe Lieberman was kicked out of the Democratic party for not being liberal enough.[/QUOTE]

He chose to leave the party because his feelings were hurt. He was primaried for good reason. He along with his buddies McCain and Graham spearheaded the Iraq war in the U.S. Senate.

Not sure why.. maybe you can explain why Republicans tossed aside Mike Castle in Delaware for Christine O'Donnell and primaried Lisa Murkowski who unlike Lieberman didn't take her primary fight personally and remained a Republican after she beat Joe Miller as a write in candidate.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-21-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Has anyone heard anything about Joe Lieberman since Obama got elected? He is generally socially liberal and economically moderate and a little hawkish on foreign policy.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4373430]Read any post by JSJ and you'll see why that will never happen. They prop up guys like Santorum and then when they lose to disasters like Obama, they point the finger at the moderate right for instead of realizing they've shot themselves in the foot.[/QUOTE]

Typical solisiptic Paulbot, wrong yet again.
    You have no idea what I'm for, who I'm for, or not, and why.
    If 0 wins, it's not because of my vote, that's for sure
    it'll be from dopes self-disenfranchising & wasting their vote...

Who did I vote for in the GOP primary last go-round?
    Who did I vote for in the election? Same person?
    In the mid-terms last go-round? Local elections?
    All the same kind of candidate? Or not?
    Am I for Santorum now?

Let's hear your assumptions about who and what I'm for and why

I need to have Paulistinians calling me out like I need Jimmy Carter's 3rd term. :steamin:
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 02-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4373469]Has anyone heard anything about Joe Lieberman since Obama got elected? He is generally socially liberal and economically moderate and a little hawkish on foreign policy.[/QUOTE]

Google, no one uses it anymore?
    He ran as an Independent and won his Senate Seat back,
    Other than defense concerns, still a reliable (D) vote.

[QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4373469]Has anyone heard anything about Joe Lieberman since Obama got elected? He is generally socially liberal and economically moderate and a little hawkish on foreign policy.[/QUOTE]

Nothing since he announced he wasn't running for re-election this year.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-21-2012 at 07:24 PM.

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4373473]Google, no one uses it anymore?
    He ran as an Independent and won his Senate Seat back,
    Other than defense concerns, still a reliable (D) vote.[/QUOTE]

You got your years mixed up. Lieberman was re-elected in 2006. Obama elected in 2008.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4373476]You got your years mixed up. Lieberman was re-elected in 2006. Obama elected in 2008.[/QUOTE]

Nothing happened Durden. Lieberman endorsed McCain, yet still kept his Homeland Security committee position and usually votes as a (D).
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 02-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.