Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Richardson Fall to Jets article

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Ha, after doing a thorough analysis im not so sure.

I would suspect a similar breakdown for every position though.

Regardless at #16 I have no qualms about taking any top 5 player in the draft, regardless of position. Combine that with the fact that the Jets need a legit RB in the worst way, yes I take him.
    though when you look around the nfl, over the past decade or so, how many very good rbs sustain that level for more than 5 yrs? a guy like brick or mangold can conceivably play at a high level for 10-15 yrs. but if your 1st round rb slows down after year 6 or 7, well, you've lost a lot of years of production from that mid first rounder.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    though when you look around the nfl, over the past decade or so, how many very good rbs sustain that level for more than 5 yrs? a guy like brick or mangold can conceivably play at a high level for 10-15 yrs. but if your 1st round rb slows down after year 6 or 7, well, you've lost a lot of years of production from that mid first rounder.
    I read somewhere a while back, that the average RB in the NFL only plays 3.2 years.

Longevity of RB's is almost unheard of these days. That's why CuMar was so good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Very true, the biggest example in the analysis above would be Larry Johnson. Guy friggin exploded and collapsed in like 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I read somewhere a while back, that the average RB in the NFL only plays 3.2 years.

Longevity of RB's is almost unheard of these days. That's why CuMar was so good.
    i think tampa could take him, he played at bama and could help energize the fanbase. but for the jets, they may be better off getting an edge rusher. as tempting as he is, a guy like decastro could play 2 or 3 times as long. if you look at the patriots strategy with rbs they draft them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and use them as receivers for brady. i'd like the jets to get a guy like doug martin and have him catch a lot of dumpoffs and move the chains.

i think tampa could take him, he played at bama and could help energize the fanbase. but for the jets, they may be better off getting an edge rusher. as tempting as he is, a guy like decastro could play 2 or 3 times as long. if you look at the patriots strategy with rbs they draft them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and use them as receivers for brady. i'd like the jets to get a guy like doug martin and have him catch a lot of dumpoffs and move the chains.
    True enough about the value of longevity but T-Rich is the kind of player that would fit the Jets renewed commitment to a smashmouth O to a tee. He could be the guy that sets the table for the O to graduate to the next level (with appropriate support/play calling of course) and take the Jets to the big dance